2019 LGC Campaign warband options.

bullnut

Juve
Mar 7, 2016
As my LGC is starting an 11 month Mordheim campaign this February, I have been considering my warband choices. I had very little luck with the Undead last year, so I am debating between Beastmen and Lizardmen for 2019. I have drawn up 2 starter lists, below, and am seeking advice from the tribe on which list to take, if any. A few things to consider, the group meta involves lots of lucky charms, and not really much armour.

Beastmen 1

Chieftain: Axe, Dagger
Shaman: Mace, Dagger
Bestigor: Mace, Dagger
Bestigor: Mace, Dagger
Centigor: 2xMace, Dagger

3x single Gor: Mace, Dagger
2x single Gor: Axe, Dagger
Total 500gc

Beastmen2

Chieftain: Axe, Dagger, shield, helm
Shaman: Mace, Dagger
Bestigor: Great weapon, Dagger
Bestigor: Mace, Axe, Dagger
Centigor: Mace, Axe, Dagger

3x single Gor: Mace, Shield, Dagger
single Gor: Mace, Dagger
Total 499gc

Lizardmen1

Skink Priest: Dagger x2, bone helmet
Totem Warrior: Stone axe, Shield, Bone helmet
Greatcrest: Blowpipe
Greatcrest: Axe, Shield

2x single Saurus: Spear, Shield
4x single Skink: Javelin, Shield
Total: 490gc

Lizardmen2
Skink Priest: Dagger x2, bone helmet
Totem Warrior: Stone axe, Shield, Bone helmet
Greatcrest: Blowpipe
Greatcrest: Axe, Shield

4x single Saurus: Spear, Shield
single Skink: Javelin, Shield
Total 495gc

Suggestions for amendments to any of the above lists are, of course, welcome.

Reactions: spafe

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
do you use any home rules for handed fighting/shield saves etc? If not, I'd be duel weilding all the way.

Beastmen 2 looks more fun, beastmen 1 is better in terms of pure numbe rcurnching, depends how cut throat your group is. I cant really comment on the lizardmen lists, never used them

Reactions: Aulenback

bullnut

Juve
Mar 7, 2016
The group is not really competitive other than the profusion of Lucky Charms already mentioned. There is a possibility that this years campaign will be set in Lustria, rather than the Old World, which is why I was thinking about Lizardmen, not sure how much use I will get out of the aquatic ability in any case.

How about this middle ground?

Chieftain-Axe, dagger
Shaman- Mace,dagger
Bestigor- Mace, dagger
Bastigor - Great weapon
Centigor- 2x Mace, dagger
4x Single Gor - Mace, dagger
Ungor - spear

Reactions: spafe

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
That looks good to me, then expand by getting some shortbows (cant actually remember the weapon list off the top of my head), some swords and if armour saves become more prevelant then a few axes.

bullnut

Juve
Mar 7, 2016
The beastman list doesn't allow any missile weapons on Ungor, and the club hasn't house ruled it, it's not something I agree with, but I'll see how the warband works without it with a few pre-campaign friendlies this month. I think a lot will depend on the campaign setting as mentioned above.

After posting the third list, I got to thinking that the Centigor would be a little vulnerable out on his own without some fast support, so I dropped the single ungor, and added in a pair of chaos hounds instead, which gives:

Chieftain - Dagger, Axe, Mace
Shaman - Dagger, Mace
Bestigor - 2xMace, Dagger
Bestigor - Greatweapon, Dagger
Centigor - 2xMace, Dagger

4x single Gor - Dagger, mace
2x Chaos hounds
500gc

Reactions: Aulenback and spafe

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
Is it a somehow cut-throat competitive campaign, rather than a for fun campaign? If not, your final list looks good to go, if it will make for fun modeling for you. Heck, as far as modeling goes, chaos beastmen is a pretty broad ranging theme, with lots of possible mutations, so if the lizardman modeling appeals to you, you can include a couple of lizard-themed beastmen by converting those lizardman models.