3rd expansion - Arena

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
Issy-les-Moulineaux 92130 France
With all the talk about Ambull/bots and GSC, I don't think I've seem the new upcoming Kill Team expansion being discussed:

Kill Team: Arena is designed to transform Kill Team into a tournament-ready competitive skirmish wargame. Inside the expansion, you’ll find rules designed to offer a tightly balanced gaming experience that’ll test your tactical abilities to the limit, plus guidelines for running events of your own. Pre-constructed maps provide a consistent gaming experience for all, while a set of missions ensure a varied and exciting challenge.
NYOpendayReveals-Jan5-KillTeamArenaBox26rkb.jpg

NYOpendayReveals-Jan5-KillTeamArenaGame25qlcnh.jpg

I'm not really interested in that expansion but doesn't this board remind you of Heroquest's?
I mean, it's also quite similar to the Rogue Trader's board (the previous KT expansion, not the older game) or Necromunda's tiles, but I can almost hear the bard's voice whenever I look at that pic.

Also, a new killzone: Sector Fronteris
NYOpendayReveals-Jan5-KTSectorFronteris27rvhjd.jpg

Space Truckin

Gang Hero
Dec 16, 2015
Cruz Bay, St. John, USVI
My first thought upon reading this was - Competitive Play...that's not for me.
But from another stand point it looks just like a board game which gives it a better chance of getting played in my household meta.
Especially if you can knock out a game in 30-40 minutes with minimal set up. ( i have young kids = free time is as rare as an uninterrupted night of sleep ).
If they got rid of templates - I'm wondering if they get rid of measuring all together and just count squares if they are close to 1"

Anyone play the rogue trader set? how are the close combat rules different?

CaptainDangerous

Chaotic-good 2nd Company Captain
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
I hope they do restock it, but I wouldn’t put money on it.
I’m pretty surprised to see the killzone with the containers come back tbh!

Havnt had a game of this yet, but Iv really loved reading the rulebook!

chitching

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
I wouldn't be surprised if they were just dropping the Kill Team starter set. This Kill Team: Zone Mortalis will end up being the new entry point into the game, just needing a Core Rulebook bought separately. Just like how you can play Rogue Trader like that. Everything you need, other than the rule book is included in the box. That's my thoughts anyway.
The new Sector Fronteris looks really cool, though. With it not being as stand-out gothic, it kind of looks a bit more Necromundan, and those hatches would be quite interesting to have a mechanic for moving around the table using them. Perhaps bringing in the Zone Mortalis tiles. I know that's something similar to what we've talked about before @cardyfreak

Reactions: cardyfreak

MusingWarboss

Gang Hero
Oct 31, 2013
The problem with Games Workshop is that it’s pretty much impossible to decipher whether something has been discontinued, run out of stock, awaiting a repack, or was a temporary addition to the range.

At least the Limited Editions were somewhat honest, if annoying.

This addition looks interesting but probably isn’t for me. I was hoping to get the main box but if it’s gone AWOL then that’s annoying.

Releasing any of his stuff and pulling it early on would go against their idea that it’s “fully supported”.

Then I hear whispers of Shadow War... Shadow War... :D

chitching

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
The problem with Games Workshop is that it’s pretty much impossible to decipher whether something has been discontinued, run out of stock, awaiting a repack, or was a temporary addition to the range.

At least the Limited Editions were somewhat honest, if annoying.

This addition looks interesting but probably isn’t for me. I was hoping to get the main box but if it’s gone AWOL then that’s annoying.

Releasing any of his stuff and pulling it early on would go against their idea that it’s “fully supported”.

Then I hear whispers of Shadow War... Shadow War... :D
Well last week it was on the Removed Lines list for stockists, usually if it's a game of repackaging, that doesn't appear on the list until the repackaged one comes, example being the Gloomspite Gitz Fanatics. The old Grot Fanatics were removed with the tag of Repackaged. I was hoping that when the Necro bulkheads and stuff got removed that it was going to be a case of repackaging with Kill Team branding, but that's looking less and less likely, which is a shame, because the Necro scenery is great and fits in with a lot of the current releases, and upcoming ones. With a bit more focus on urban fighting in Urban Conquest and the Cities Of Death stuff in the latest Chapter Approved, the barricades and objectives are screaming out to be used in there! And with Urban Conquest taking place in a Hive, everything Necro would fit in very well thematically!

Reactions: Aulenback

MusingWarboss

Gang Hero
Oct 31, 2013
If you have trade level access to their catalogue of products then maybe you do have some distinction.

For us ordinary customers you have what the webstore tells you. Which is usually not much.

I’m still wondering what happened to the Promethium pipelines!

MusingWarboss

Gang Hero
Oct 31, 2013
Promethium pipelines? You mean the Thermic Conduit kit? They are still available right now, or there's the Industrial set from Mantic Games that has a load of pipes in it
fullsizerender_2.jpg

That one. Which they discontinued almost as soon as the Shadow War tanks they connected to were out!

The new plasma ones are different and don’t make much sense attaching to fuel storage tanks.

Yeah Mantic do some bits or I could cut up actual plastic plumbing parts. Just seems odd they dropped it unannounced like that.

Reactions: chitching

chitching

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
View attachment 76171
That one. Which they discontinued almost as soon as the Shadow War tanks they connected to were out!

The new plasma ones are different and don’t make much sense attaching to fuel storage tanks.

Yeah Mantic do some bits or I could cut up actual plastic plumbing parts. Just seems odd they dropped it unannounced like that.
Ahh, I hadn't see those before! Some strange decisions get made in their head office it seems

Reactions: Aulenback