N18 5 man Rogue Trader themed Venator Gang Advice

jazman84

Dec 17, 2019
So as soon as I saw the models for The Elucidian Starstriders and Neyam Shai Nurud, I just knew I wanted to make a Rogue Trader themed Venator Gang.

I'm definitely finding myself struggling to fit more than 5 bodies under 1K credits though.

So far I have:
Elucia Vhane Model
Leader Profile 3 - 110 pts
Laspistol - 10
Hotshot Pack - 20
Boning Sword - 20
Hardened Layered Flak - 35
Total - 195

Assault Cannon guy (Thinking of either cutting the gattling part off and replacing with a H'Bolter barrel or just leaving as-is and have it 'counts as')
Champion Profile 4 - 85
Heavy Bolter - 160
Gold Plated Gun - 40
Suspensor (Heavy) - 60
Laspistol - 10
Hardened Flak Armour - 20
Total - 375

Neym Shai Nurud Model (Removed the sights off of her pistols)
Hunter Profile 3 - 50
Laspistol - 10
Hotshot Pack - 20
Laspistol - 10
Hotshot Pack - 20
Flak Armour - 10
Grapnel Launcher - 25
Total - 145

The last 2 I am still deciding on what models I will be converting, but I have some Tempestus/IG bits so I know what loadouts I am going with

Hunter Profile 4 - 50
Laspistol - 10
Hotshot Pack - 20
Grenade Launcher - 65
Flak Armour - 10
Total - 155

Hunter Profile 4 - 50
Lasgun - 15
Hotshot Pack - 20
Telescopic Sight - 25
Laspistol - 10
Flak Armour - 10
Total - 130

I guess I am a little concerned I am a little under-manned. I am happy with the theme of the gang, but I also don't want it to be too bad on the table.

Cheers!

Vonvilkee

Gang Hero
Jan 7, 2018
Bellingham, Washington USA
Hot shots are easy to pick up later, I'd cut them to get bodies... I want to say you need equal or more hunters than champs and leader (too lazy to grab book tho).

The sight is another thing to go after later. It might feel weird but think of them down on their luck and working towards getting their gear fixed/back.

Reactions: jazman84

jazman84

Dec 17, 2019
Thanks for the reply, I have the composition right, I have 3 Hunters and 2 others.

I was going for hotshot packs/sight due to liking the look of the models themselves tbh.

I'll have another look at them and see where I can make adjustments..

Reactions: Vonvilkee