£55 IKEA Gaming Table

ClockworkOrange

Executive Officer in charge of Pandemics & Trolls!
Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham

Tiny

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Jul 12, 2011
South Wales, UK
www.tinyworlds.co.uk
Thankfully all of the 6x4' and 4x4' gaming mats I have seem to be an inch or so short of full 4' width anyway, so the lost inch makes no difference. If you feel the need, just shorten the deployment zones by 1/2" to make up for it. I'm guessing your terrain tiles are exactly 1' wide so you need the extra width to stop them overhanging slightly.

Reactions: ClockworkOrange

Sundown Dreamer

Gang Champion
Mar 6, 2018
Tübingen, Deutschland
If you set up a temporary gaming table with individual pieces of terrain, it shouldn't be a problem.

But since I can only play rarely and little, I plan something different. A kind of modular and playable diorama table. Almost like a model railway, but with interchangeable modules as surface and play area. To keep the modules in place, I would add a slightly higher edge around the outside of the tables. For this it would be important that the table surface harmonizes with the module structure and is flush.

The size of the modules is based on the dimensions of the ZM Plastik Floor Tiles and / or sections of them. I have already ordered Styrodur panels (125 x 60 cm) with a thickness of 5 cm for this today. On the one hand as a substructure, because the plastic tiles are a bit wobbly during transport, but also to be able to represent highs and lows. It could even be that I build part of it directly on the table surface.

But now I first have to wait for the Styrodur panels and then it always depends on how my health is doing.

Reactions: ClockworkOrange

ClockworkOrange

Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
Thankfully all of the 6x4' and 4x4' gaming mats I have seem to be an inch or so short of full 4' width anyway, so the lost inch makes no difference. If you feel the need, just shorten the deployment zones by 1/2" to make up for it. I'm guessing your terrain tiles are exactly 1' wide so you need the extra width to stop them overhanging slightly.

TBH it’s not an issue for me, but our combined idea is very popular in SW Armada circles (to the point I think we could make and sell them!!) the one drawback being they need a 6x3 play area as per the rules + the tournament scene is a big thing with them so they need the right board size to satisfy their OCD.

Reactions: Tiny

ClockworkOrange

Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
Forgot to share this here;

A simple solution to make it 6ft long or 183cm for Star Wars Armada. A length of wood 2400mmx34mmx15mm fits perfectly chopped in half and the pull latches keep it in place. To be sanded and painted black at some point.