Necromunda A couple of quirks from Necromunda: Hive War

hivefleetmanticore

Jun 14, 2021
Hail, Yakmasters,

(Did you know that if you're bad at typing like me, Hive War can become Hive Wart?)

I mentioned this in another thread in another section, but as this seems to be the place to report things.

I'm enjoying the Necromunda gang generator, but I just wanted to report a couple of quirks that I noticed when using it in the wake of buying Hive War:

The equipment in the pistols list in the generator does not include the grav-pistol available to Delaque gangs in the HW rulebook.

If you have the restricted equipment option on, Delaque gangers can't buy krak grenades, even though they can in the HW rulebook. Obviously, that one is more easily solved by turning off the restriction option...

I'm guessing that incorporating the HW updates is on the list of our esteemed Yakmasters' things to do?

Thank you very much!

cardyfreak

Executive Officer in charge of Radishes
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Tribe Council
Sep 15, 2012
Alnwick, Northumberland
yaktribe.games
Hive War hasn’t been implemented yet. Due to how the tools work, every fighter type has to be created individually and assigned weapon options, it’s quite the task and can take a while to do. l
I assume it may be inputted at some point, but in the mean time disable the weapon restrictions and you’ll be good to go.

hivefleetmanticore

Jun 14, 2021
Hive War hasn’t been implemented yet. Due to how the tools work, every fighter type has to be created individually and assigned weapon options, it’s quite the task and can take a while to do. l
I assume it may be inputted at some point, but in the mean time disable the weapon restrictions and you’ll be good to go.

Thank you very much for the response, and for your work on this. It's good to know that this is on your radar. :D

almic85

Cranky Git
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2014
Palmerston, ACT, Australia
It may also be that the Hive War rulebook costings and weapon access are significantly different to those in the still current and implemented rules form the House of Books.

I understand that Delaque have some changes (including the ones you have mentioned) but it may be that they don’t get implemented while we wait for the last House of Shadows book for Delaque.

Zadgrub

Ganger
Mar 7, 2018
Des Plaines, IL, USA
The gang lists in Hive War do not all match the House books in a number of ways; for example, some things have slightly different costs, and all of the fighters in the Hive War lists have armor included, whereas armor was removed from fighters in the House books to allow for more customization. Also, Hive War only includes profiles for Leaders, Champions, and Gangers, and the equipment lists are truncated, only including the options that are on the sprues of the main gang kits. Hive War is only intended to be a "quick-start" entry point for the game, something to teach new players the rules before they dive into the full hardcover Rulebook and complete House books. It's not intended to be a complete core rule book, and doesn't include any true campaign content beyond the 6 small linked scenarios intended to teach the basic game mechanics and rules.

That said, it may be helpful to have a set of Hive War gang lists in addition to the House book lists and the GotU lists so that new players can use Yaktribe while learning the game with Hive War. But on the other hand, it might not be worth spending too much time on, as it is merely an introductory product. That's a decision Malo will have to consider.

Reactions: MusingWarboss

MusingWarboss

Hive Guilder
Oct 31, 2013
Honestly HW seems like it’s designed to get you started in any of the 6 gangs and is probably “”””balanced”””” to that.

They really want you to buy and use the appropriate House book though. Or the ‘Book of’ books.