A game of Microscope - my attempt to fight off the Corona crazies

Biggle_Bear

Gang Hero
Nov 1, 2017
Biggle: I think I have a cool idea to close the round, I hope you all agree.

I will first make an event in the period "Guilders make the way possible for the Cluster to become part of Hive City again".

A league of influential guilders create a hugh bazaar and a guilder court in the lowest dome of the Cluster. The industrial machinery is uninstalled and utilized in the other domes. All other available space is taken up by independent merchants' markets and shops. It quickly becomes a bustling centre of trade between the underhive and hive city.

Lowest dome becomes a hugh trade centre. (Light)

Biggle_Bear

Gang Hero
Nov 1, 2017
Princess: so I get to be the lens this week, right? Then as my theme i choose decadence among the nobles.

I will start by putting a period after the period about the Cluster prospering.

It is a period when the nobility think that because of the improvements that they are loved by the people and start to take advantage of the common people. They are too full of themselves to realise that that are polarising the people against them.

Public opinion turns against the nobility due to their pomp. (Dark)

Biggle_Bear

Gang Hero
Nov 1, 2017
Biggle: I would really like to put an event in the opening period, after the event that's already there.

In this event, the section of the Ulanti family are beginning there exodus downward. They are taking a hugh amount of treasures with them and is in itself a marvel of engineering. Noteworthy are several statues that later are positioned by the liftways of the Cluster.

The Ulanti family drag their wealth as they descend (light)

Biggle_Bear

Gang Hero
Nov 1, 2017
Arg: an event in the last period.

The nobles attempt to flee and take their wealth with them, but are caught by the Kadud. The Kadud kill them all and drag the treasures into their hiding places.

Kadud kill and loot fleeing nobles. (Light)

Biggle_Bear

Gang Hero
Nov 1, 2017
mark: I will make an event in the
Public opinion turns against the nobility due to their pomp period.

The nobles attempt to rebuild their palace but must put restrictions on people wishing to leave the Cluster and redirecting funds for essentials for the common people to do it.

The nobles confine and starve the population to pay for the rebuilding of the palace (dark)

Biggle_Bear

Gang Hero
Nov 1, 2017
Alan with out of game info: the game says that the players should declare that the next round will be the last. I was thinking that one round per 'player' would be my minimum. But it feels too easy to quit now so I will continue.

I was away last week so I missed a few days, including the important closing of the round. I already knew to expect that some days it would be too much so I'm not worried about it. For this text based hack of the game I will add the rule that if the lens can't make their turn the other players should make their turn based on their 'legend'. That said, I have let that part of the game fall completely away so far. I will make a special effort to choose a legend for each player in the next couple of days. I can see why it is an important part of the game.

Biggle_Bear

Gang Hero
Nov 1, 2017
Arg: as lens I choose the focus 'powerful organisations of the Cluster'.

My first post is a period between the guilders make the way possible... and the Ulanti family is executed... periods.

Emerging middle class families feel restricted by the Ulanti's taxes and push up against each other. (Light)

Biggle_Bear

Gang Hero
Nov 1, 2017
Arg: my embedded post is an event.

Arguile Gulivan, descendant of the green hivers who were rescued by the Kadud, uses his contacts to find a way to export his families' goods out of the Cluster illegally and transport the goods of other influential families too. They form an alliance against the Ulanti rule.

Gulivan family create logistical bypass and form a rebellion (light)

Biggle_Bear

Gang Hero
Nov 1, 2017
Biggle: I think I have an event. In the 'nobles and commoners war over ownership' after the event 'kadud make a home'.

Commoners unite under a vigilante group called the Emperor's star. They are armed with the scavenged equipment of the former guards and are organised by former soldiers. They become a powerful and well supported fighting group.

The Emperor's Star emerge on the political scene (light)

Biggle_Bear

Gang Hero
Nov 1, 2017
Alan with a closing word.

Ok, well I am still excited by the history i had made and where it was going, but i missed so many days and real life isn't likely to let up any time soon. So even though it doesn't feel complete yet i am calling it quits here. I might pick it back up at home one evening when I can get through turns faster.

Part of my desire with this project was to experiment with playing it over a chat log and see it the game could be feasibly plays over, say for example, WhatsApp. It would need dedication from the players I think. It crashes when too many players can't take their turns too often. Many things were learned.

Well onto new projects. See you all around.