ORB A Growing Populace (New Minis WIP)

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
The ones I found thanks to @Ardavion wenr from single colors up to super intricate patterns that covered the entire kimono. I went for the simple side of things. Unfortunately none of them match up to my imagination, but I realized I couldn’t get that onto the minis without ruining them. I had to surrender on the Torii arch. It’s not so bad when you’re not zoomed into it.

Reactions: Ardavion

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Being unusually productive this month…. Maybe it’s because the kids are back in school? Anyway, here’s some more WIP. Maybe they’ll be done by the end of the month!

All six Sumotori are at this stage: flesh with a colored loincloth. Each has a different color to help tell them apart. The six Sumotori I have come in four different poses.

cainex1

Hive Guilder
Dec 8, 2017
USA
That sure is an impressive....... codpiece 😹
The gray on silver is kinda hard to spot on camera but I can imagine the effect is cool on the table.

Reactions: Punktaku

Pagumb

Gang Hero
Tribe Council
Sep 10, 2020
That sure is an impressive....... codpiece 😹
The gray on silver is kinda hard to spot on camera but I can imagine the effect is cool on the table.
I like the models preparedness by having a backup pistol on its ankle. The codpiece is obviously where the field generator is located.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr. M and Punktaku

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
I was leaning more towards a blue of some type. But I think that could be because the studio pics of this model uses a couple shades of pale blues, but I don’t want to copy their model…

cainex1

Hive Guilder
Dec 8, 2017
USA
I was leaning more towards a blue of some type. But I think that could be because the studio pics of this model uses a couple shades of pale blues, but I don’t want to copy their model…
Do you have something that would look like an anodized blue? Or just hit it with a blue wash maybe?

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
I do have a metallic blue from waaaay back in the white flip-top GW paint range. But it’s a darker blue and I’m not sure about it. I’ve also already Nuln Oiled the metal bits.

• Wow
Reactions: Mr. M

Mr. M

Gang Champion
Honored Tribesman
Aug 1, 2019
San Jose, CA
Wow! You still have Citadel paint from the white flip-top era that still works??? I'm very impressed! When I got back into the hobby, my old paints from that vintage were pretty much solid blocks in their containers (they were kept in a cardboard box in the garage - so admittedly not the best conditions, but not the worst either).

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
I have plenty from that era that are still good (or, at least, were the last I checked). It was the screw tops that didn't last.

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
The black flip-tops that came after those screw tops were pretty bad too.

A few drops of pledge floor cleaner revitalized a few of those old white ones that had thickened up, but for the most part they’ve been fine. Heck, I even have old Poly S paints in the glass jars that are still good.