A hastily assembled pile of sump wreckage (painting blog latest: Chaos Cultists & boss mob!)

SuboptimusPrime

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Jan 19, 2019
Sectoris XII | Castrum Vindobona | Austria
The small but annoying minority in the Infinity fandom who still go "How dare you put anime in my Infinity!" are pretty interesting, because they must be somehow getting all their rules and official materials completely without any pictures whatsoever.

Though I will readily admit, I have met very few of them, but I recently saw somebody complaining about it who claimed he played Infinity "since day 1" in which case there is either a pre-anime era of Infinity I do not know about, and I applaud his tenacity, or he's been suffering from selective blindness for a LONG time.

Reactions: Pacific

Wasteland

Gang Champion
Apr 7, 2018
Germany
She is a great miniature, I've had it for some years for my Nomad/Infinity collection.

Probably one of the most divisive miniatures in the range I would say, some people absolutely hate that kind of aesthetic within the range (even though it has been there since the beginning, and is part of the Anime influence in the game).
I have taken a look at the Infinity range for my Ash Wastes project. They have a ton of nice terrain which is even affordable in comparison to GW. About the female minis from that range: A lot of them strike poses such as leaning over a bot or putting a shapely leg on a tactical rock. I don´t mind but woke warriors will. :) There are also nice female bikers which could be used as Escher gangers.

Pacific

Ganger
Apr 10, 2018
South Wales
The small but annoying minority in the Infinity fandom who still go "How dare you put anime in my Infinity!" are pretty interesting, because they must be somehow getting all their rules and official materials completely without any pictures whatsoever.

Though I will readily admit, I have met very few of them, but I recently saw somebody complaining about it who claimed he played Infinity "since day 1" in which case there is either a pre-anime era of Infinity I do not know about, and I applaud his tenacity, or he's been suffering from selective blindness for a LONG time.
Agree completely - if anything there is much less of an anime influence in Infinity now than there was when it first started. It's still there, but it should be, as it's a core component of the Infinity aesthetic, and I think a big reason it is popular.

@Wasteland - yes I agree about the terrain. I am busy re-using an Infinity board for Necro right now. Most of the aesthetic is similar enough (I am adding a few 40k-looking bits and pieces, scatter terrain etc. and removing the Blade Runner holo-board type things etc) and I already have a really high density of terrain. As firepower is even more deadly in Infinity than in Necromunda, if anything I can reduce the density a little bit.

Reactions: SuboptimusPrime

Wasteland

Gang Champion
Apr 7, 2018
Germany
Agree completely - if anything there is much less of an anime influence in Infinity now than there was when it first started. It's still there, but it should be, as it's a core component of the Infinity aesthetic, and I think a big reason it is popular.

@Wasteland - yes I agree about the terrain. I am busy re-using an Infinity board for Necro right now. Most of the aesthetic is similar enough (I am adding a few 40k-looking bits and pieces, scatter terrain etc. and removing the Blade Runner holo-board type things etc) and I already have a really high density of terrain. As firepower is even more deadly in Infinity than in Necromunda, if anything I can reduce the density a little bit.
For the start I will go for a Borderlands outback look like in the first iteration of the series. Cacti, rocks, hills and mud houses. When this is all done and a few gangs have been painted I will continue to create a small town/village. Borderlands is a blend of Mad Max junkyard style and modern sci-fi. So the Infinity force field gate for example won´t look out of place. In fact towns on other planets have even the same art style as Infinity with all it´s neon colours.

So far I saw three kinds of styles in the Infinity setting:
- District 5 style with red buildings and scatter terrain.
- District Neon style with blue building and scatter terrain.
- Outback style as seen in the Observation tower.

In addition to that they offer also complete sets which comes along with a gaming mat. However I am a bit hesitant about their prepainted stuff. That could look bad.

Pacific

Ganger
Apr 10, 2018
South Wales
Hey guys - some latest completed minis. These are some Cultists for a campaign intro game. A bunch of the guys haven't played Necro before so the game is designed to teach the rules but most importantly be fun. Basically everyone has a few gang members (as a co-op game) and they are playing against a horde or really weak cultists (think Juve statline but worse 😁) which they will carve through. If you would like to check out the scenario rules I have a separate thread for it here: The Sump Dwellers Campaign Thread. And here is a link to my blog giving the background of the mission (this is shown to the players before they play) Background

These are the cultists: they are a from the Frostgrave range with some weapon swaps thrown in. I've painted all with GW Contrast and Army Painter speed paints which I have to say were such a time saver!
full.jpg

Once they get through the cultists they need to find and kill Father Guttenberg, who is the leader of the Cult of Guttenberg. Because of his physical exertions in producing his 'seed of Guttenberg' he is physically frail and needs to be carried about by a robot. This until will try and run away from the attacking gangers (so he can pass on his seed another day 😄)
full.jpg

Finally, as Father Guttenberg dies, there is a terrible splitting sound (best not to ask!) and he turns into his final form! This is the 'boss' of the intro game (basically statline similar to an Ogryn) - he has an 'uncontrollable lust' special rule and will try and charge and attack the best-looking ganger in proximity (as decided by the players!)
full.jpg

The Father Guttenberg miniature is also from the Stargrave range, while his Final Form is a Mantic miniature (from their Deadzone - Plague range). Any C&C appreciated!