A Mordheim video game has just been announced!

ntw3001

Gang Hero
Feb 17, 2011
Essex, UK
Looks like it's by the guys behind BB and Space Hulk. Should we expect another almost-straight port of the Mordheim mechanics into the cyberworld, or are they going to video-game it up a little? At any rate, it should be better than Plants vs. Zombies with Space Marines...

Malo

YakTribe Mechanicum
Staff member
Yak Founder
Feb 17, 2011
York, PA, USA
yaktribe.games
Blood Bowl, Space Hulk and Mordheim are easier because they're on a single plane generally. Necromunda would be much harder to implement given the focus on multi-level combat. It's very interesting that they're still making old games like this to computer games.

Sounds like we should have the full Mordheim systems in place before it's release :eek:

Malo

YakTribe Mechanicum
Staff member
Yak Founder
Feb 17, 2011
York, PA, USA
yaktribe.games
Mordheim is single plane?! Bah! I always treated it like Fantasy Necromunda. Bridges and ladders everywhere!
There is the component of height when dealing with climbing on top of buildings, crates etc. but you generally don't have the vertical stacked nature of Necromunda nearly as much.

Flamekebab

Gang Hero
Gorkamorka Warboss
Feb 17, 2011
Rotherham, UK
fox-box.co.uk
I was just joshing but I suppose if we're comparing our dream tables for each then Necromunda is considerably more vertical. I like to get a nice mix of heights in though whenever I can :)

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
sooo awesome!, going to read link now, but if its a xbox game i'm golden, if not....I will be investing in a pc/laptop to play this on!

Better go tell the boss I need a payrise... when he asks why, the answer will be 'havent you hear, mordheim is coming!', before manically running around his office cackling (*note, If I randomly stop coming online, it'll be cos this doesnt go down well and I have no computer at home)

Reactions: Templar1 and Tulkas

Nevie

Ganger
Apr 18, 2013
Florence, SC
If it goes PC you jusst know that modders will create a Necromunda version. Besides, how much harder can multi-level platforming be?

nooker

Prodigal Viking of the Librarium
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Feb 17, 2011
Brooklyn Park, MN
It sorta sounds like they are going up in complexity. From the progression, Necromunda would be the next logical game to do. Also, isn't there a Hero Quest game out there somewhere? I had always thought the XCOM engine would be good for these games.

Tulkas

Mr. Shadowlord
Mordheim Professor
Mar 23, 2012
Netherlands, Groningen
YES YES YES!!! I have been so excited about this since I saw the release announcement. And I agree, I hope a Necromunda mod/ game is in the works too.

On a sidenote, has anyone heard from Spafe yet?

spafe

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
I am here! sorry, very limited computer access outside of work, and then it gets limited when actually working lol. will be tracking this like a house on fire during the great fire of london!

spafe

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
bah, curse you and your trisky-ness, I was thinking there was updates! :p

spafe

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
I still play the bloodbowl one from time to time (the orignal un-updated version on my 360!).

I also enjoyed the dawn of war games and the fantasy one that was a bit like total war (I know, different makers, but still)