Necromunda A total noobs dive into the rabbit hole

Ashmagnus2112

Ganger
Apr 6, 2021
The "tank" piece first picture the whole support system for it is made from VHS casing the top part is the back of it (where the holes for the reels were) I thought the lines molded in the casing gave it a more realistic texture then the support legs are the front "flap" from tapes (the part the machine would raise to read the tape) mainly because I could cut them evenly and they fit snug against the outside of outer case then it's just a brake fluid bottle I found in my truck a few electrical conduit connectors and some random bits and nonsense.

The other one is all rattle can tops foam board and some details added. In case it isn't obvious. Figured if I could pull off a use for rattle tops I'd never run out of supplies lol

Reactions: Unslain

Ashmagnus2112

Ganger
Apr 6, 2021
Found these guys along with a second heavy bolter guy, the melta gun is pretty nice to have and I think the axe boltgun guy is actually a leader model. So I think I now have everything I need to play new and old Munda. Now to see if I can do justice to these old minis. Must say I very much enjoy the old orlocks think they've held up to the tests of time very well

Captain Brown

Ganger
Nov 4, 2019
Ashmagnus2112,

Those were both sold as Gang Leader figures back in the original Necromunda. Although the Leader with the Melta Gun can just as easily fill the role of a Heavy. Funny enough, I literally just painted those very same figures over the last month.

Cheers,

CB

Reactions: Ashmagnus2112

Ashmagnus2112

Ganger
Apr 6, 2021

Started working on painting these guys up to be used for necromunda. They are monsterfightclub minis for some game they call cyber red. Don't know anything about all that but they make some fantastic generic sci-fi minis that could be added to alot of gangs. I figure these guys will be a grease monkey and a look out for my Orlocks.

Ill also say they have several police and "zoners" blisters as well that would be good for arbites (closer to old scale than I imagine new stuff is) and hangers and scum of all types

Unslain

Gang Hero
Nov 29, 2014
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, UK
They are monsterfightclub minis for some game they call cyber red. Don't know anything about all that but they make some fantastic generic sci-fi minis that could be added to alot of gangs. I figure these guys will be a grease monkey and a look out for my Orlocks.

Ill also say they have several police and "zoners" blisters as well that would be good for arbites (closer to old scale than I imagine new stuff is) and hangers and scum of all types
Oooh yes, good choice of models. I didn't know about this range - they've been made initially for the RPG, Cyberpunk Red (latest version of the game that inspired Cyberpunk 2077) but Monster Fight Club are now doing a kickstarter for a skirmish game that will expand the range too.

I don't think I've seen these mentioned in the alternative minis thread, so you might like to pop along there, put in a link and claim credit for the find.

Reactions: Ashmagnus2112

Ashmagnus2112

Ganger
Apr 6, 2021

Well my hobby ADD has apparently struck again and found myself wanting to paint some orks been seriously considering gorka morka as a buddy of mine gave me the old rule books for it. Think this stuff is a bit "high end" for the game but have plenty of boys and random trucks laying around. Oh well not necromunda related but still fun

Ashmagnus2112

Ganger
Apr 6, 2021
Hey an answer to a question noone asked: what do you do when you buy 100+ mark 4 Marines for heresy era Marines for pennies per model because they all have primarius reaver heads?

Apparently you say F it and just make night lords with skull faced helmets. And yes also not Munda. The Gaming ADD is particularly strong today I have and make no excuses

Ashmagnus2112

Ganger
Apr 6, 2021
I'll eventually figure out how to do links and such to join in on that fun. I haven't even figured out the quote feature tho so it might take awhile

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
I'll eventually figure out how to do links and such to join in on that fun. I haven't even figured out the quote feature tho so it might take awhile. At least Punktaku is cool as all heck.
Stuff like this one here is just the reply button. You can even go in a tweak the quote. (Like the bit in red)

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
In this new format, the middle set of 3 dots (I’m looking at it on my phone) has a drop down menu with a little camera. That will insert photos from your gallery into your posts. Up to 10 per post. And it starts with the latest photo, so you need to scroll down to find older ones. Sometimes way waaaay down...

Ashmagnus2112

Ganger
Apr 6, 2021
In this new format, the middle set of 3 dots (I’m looking at it on my phone) has a drop down menu with a little camera. That will insert photos from your gallery into your posts. Up to 10 per post. And it starts with the latest photo, so you need to scroll down to find older ones. Sometimes way waaaay down...
Hey I learnt (why the F is learnt something my phone is trying to say is a word. Damn you american education system) Something new
And yes this response makes very little sense overall just testing the new gubbins

Thanks for the tip bud it's appreciated

almic85

Cranky Git
Oct 30, 2014
Palmerston, ACT, Australia
You can also highlight specific parts of Lao wines post and the right click on it and a lever either reply or quote and Yaktribe will put replies directly into the text type box or store them in the insert quotes tool. It’s very useful if you are catching up on forum posts and want to quote or reply to multiple people. Just click the insert quote tool that appears under the text box and you can put them all in at once.

why the F is learnt something my phone is trying to say is a word. Damn you american education system

Learnt is a word down here in Australia but is getting phased out by the simplified English version of learned that Americans use.

The only time we used to see the word learned (adjective pronounced learn-ed) was to talk about people who had gone to university.

Ashmagnus2112

Ganger
Apr 6, 2021
@almic85 that's actually very interesting to know and as I attempt to embrace all forms of learning thanks for sharing that. Though I feel I should point out my lack of prior knowledge of the topic is still probably partially to blame on the terrible american education system. It's hard to keep that general yank ignorance at bay at times. Lol

almic85

Cranky Git
Oct 30, 2014
Palmerston, ACT, Australia
Unfortunately none of us can escape the effect that Sepposlavakia has on the rest of the world, whether that be language, culture or economy.

Older Australians tend to stick to British English standards from the 50’s while younger Aussies tend to use more americanised ways of spelling and talking.

I like the Orks as well by the way. They have a nice “retro” feel with the bright colours that I enjoyed painting back in 2nd Ed. I prefer the garish and ostentatious look over the grim dark boring look.

Ashmagnus2112

Ganger
Apr 6, 2021
And in a totally stunning turn of events I've managed to paint things from not only 3 different factions but 3 totally different game systems. (If I'm gonna throw 30/40k in there better do some Munda to)

Up first we have this guy I don't know what he's supposed to be at all except that it's another monsterfightclub mini I bought specifically because I thought it would look cool as a necromunda figure so either a dome runner which kinda seems to fit imo or just random hive scum either way seems fun to me. I mean check out that hoodie and them kicks, that's a cool mini (with a very basic paint job lol)

Then I decided I definitely needed to rethink my Orlocks color scheme looking at it they had turquoise orange purple red black and apparently everything else I had to throw at them. I wanted to kinda give the gang a bit of a 90s style vibe without going totally crazy so took the mainly black thing gw did for them then added the green and yellow to try to give it a bit of old-school vibe (idk if I successfully did it or not honestly guess someone else could tell better than this guy) so there you have my unnamed road boss with the bolter then a random ganger with the autogun. Then the other is a new wrecker I made as a juve the shoulder rig being left looks a bit off but I think she looks like a definite younger model and like having some variety in gender

And lastly we have my first ever finished metal necromunda figure! Yay. I was a bit worried I'd ruin the old metal guys but he came out ok plus heavy bolters are awesome so all the justification I need.

Ashmagnus2112

Ganger
Apr 6, 2021
like the Orks as well by the way. They have a nice “retro” feel with the bright colours that I enjoyed painting back in 2nd Ed. I prefer the garish and ostentatious look over the grim dark boring look.
Thank you that was actually pretty much exactly what I was going for I've painted and still need to paint a ton of Marines of all types and varieties and it's a fun change of pace. Especially orks there's just no wrong answers, such a fun faction

Reactions: almic85