Question Adding PDFs

Luke82

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Mar 11, 2017
Basildon, United Kingdom
Afternoon all,

Apologies if this has been answered before or is mega simple but I’ve so far been unable to find a way to add PDF files into threads. Is this even possible? I was looking to start a campaign log and was hoping to attach the fluff and newsletters we’ve had so far.

Thanks!

Stoof

Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
I attach PDFs using the "attach files" button at the bottom of the new post box. However, this might be either subscription related or post count related.

Reactions: Luke82

Luke82

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Mar 11, 2017
Basildon, United Kingdom
I attach PDFs using the "attach files" button at the bottom of the new post box. However, this might be either subscription related or post count related.
Thanks for the reply, I shall have a look, I don’t believe I noticed that before but I at least know it is possible now, even if a subscription / post count issue.

Reactions: Stoof

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
I don't have the attach files button as an option, so it may be subscription related. I think I now have all the post count options unlocked.

I myself tend to host *.pdfs that don't [yet] suit the vault, over on my google drive, and then post in a shareable link to there. It doesn't embed the pdf directly into the post, mind.

Reactions: Luke82 and Stoof

Stoof

Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
Even if you do happen to have the "attach files" button, it doesn't really embed it - it appears as a clickable pdf icon at the bottom of the post like this.

Malo

YakTribe Mechanicum
Staff member
Yak Founder
Feb 17, 2011
York, PA, USA
yaktribe.games
Stoof is correct in that attachment rights is tied to subscriptions. It was removed to push normal use for media towards the Gallery system instead of all media simply being attached. So not being able to attach PDFs is a by-product of that change a couple of years ago. So either the PDF can be hosted on another site and linked or you can add it as a resource in the Vault and link it.

Luke82

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Mar 11, 2017
Basildon, United Kingdom
Stoof is correct in that attachment rights is tied to subscriptions. It was removed to push normal use for media towards the Gallery system instead of all media simply being attached. So not being able to attach PDFs is a by-product of that change a couple of years ago. So either the PDF can be hosted on another site and linked or you can add it as a resource in the Vault and link it.
Thanks for the clarification Malo.