Almic85’s general hobby plog

almic85

Cranky Git
Oct 30, 2014
Palmerston, ACT, Australia
I don’t know the Warcry lore, but Crows of Tzneetch?

The Warcry war bands are chaos god agnostic for the most part and follow the eight winds of magic rather than the four chaos gods.

From Warhammer Community on Corvus Cabal:
Hailing from the Realm of Shadow, the Corvus Cabal are masters of ambush and assassination who worship an aspect of Chaos that they call the Great Gatherer. They honour this foul deity through deadly hunts, stealing treasures from the corpses of their victims. Believing Archaon to be an avatar of the Gatherer, they seek to gain the favour of the Grand Marshal of the Apocalypse, and thus please their mysterious god…

Basically they like to swoop down on enemies and have a thing about gathering trophies for their “god” known as the great gatherer.

Reactions: trollmeat

almic85

Cranky Git
Oct 30, 2014
So I’m entering Yakcomp 36: "And Betty, when you call me, you can call me Al" and my entry is meant to be title “who is guarding who?” And I need to brainstorm some ideas.

1/ a Goliath ganger carrying an Escher ganger away from trouble, ala Kevin Costner in The Bodyguard, but with the Escher ganger shooting two pistols (either both forwards or one forwards and one backwards). If I get the time maybe also have a big monster emerging from a pipe behind them or some smaller zombies approaching them.

2/ two gangers standing back to back with pistols drawn shooting out at what is assumed to be a hoard on incoming enemies. Again if I have time maybe have some other critters trying to close the circle around them.

That’s it for now. I need to check out some sprues I have and see what can be put together or converted into a nice little diorama. Extra points for me if I make the models actually usable in an upcoming campaign.

trollmeat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Nov 5, 2014
1/ a Goliath ganger carrying an Escher ganger away from trouble, ala Kevin Costner in The Bodyguard, but with the Escher ganger shooting two pistols (either both forwards or one forwards and one backwards). If I get the time maybe also have a big monster emerging from a pipe behind them or some smaller zombies approaching them.

Sounds like a complicated modelling project. Lots of different options for poses, really look forward to see how you go about it. 🙂

almic85

Cranky Git
Oct 30, 2014
Sounds like a complicated modelling project. Lots of different options for poses, really look forward to see how you go about it. 🙂

I’m not the most talented converter so it will probably push my limited ability past what I’m good at. But that’s probably a good thing as well.

As with all good plans I also have a few back up plans in my head that could make the conversions easier but won’t look as good.

merit: this is my current inspiration, though the finished product may vary.

Last edited:
Reactions: trollmeat

almic85

Cranky Git
Oct 30, 2014
I was thinking the person being carried over the shoulder, either shooting forwards or backwards. Good luck!

The fireman’s carry is definitely a back up plan as it’s just much easier to model.

If I go down that path it will be someone dumped unceremoniously over the shoulder but looking up and backwards firing a pistol, while the carrier is running forwards and pointing a pistol with the other hand.

almic85

Cranky Git
Oct 30, 2014
So I got some paint onto my Slave Ogryns and they are almost there now.

I’ve also signed up for a new Dark Uprising campaign and then realised that I would end up with too many free slave ogryn so decided to redraft as Goliath.

So to that end I have finished painting and repainting my Goliath gang and converted some new juves just in case I get some free from my settlement or other territories.

almic85

Cranky Git
Oct 30, 2014
So I have a new campaign starting on Monday and am taking these Orlocks along to the rodeo.

So I have been building and painting up some more models to fill out those missing. On the agenda are a leader with boltgun and power pick, finishing a wrecker with stubgun, making another ganger/champion with boltgun. I will probably make another champion/ganger with plasmagun for a later campaign as well.

On top of that I also need to make a bullet merchant model, which will be part of yakcomp if I finish it in time. Two options in my head at the moment are either a conversion from one of the new bloodbowl imperial Nobles or a conversion of a Delaque model with an open trench coat with bullets.

Edit: for those watching along at home this is the conversion that is serving as inspiration for the imperial noble conversion and below is my starting sprue.

Last edited:

almic85

Cranky Git
Oct 30, 2014
He looks great! I’m happily surprised to see my model (who is still only half-painted) was your inspiration...!

Your original conversion is great, and I have had the imperial noble sprue sitting there waiting for me to do something with them for about three months.

I just wish I had a tool that could easily remove the scroll on his chest and I’m not sure the spikes on the shoulder and forearm loon quite right on him.

There’s another conversion that I’ve seen for the prize fighter that I think looks rad as well that I have the pieces lying around to make.

I can then use the base for the lineman to make a hive scum as well.

Crazy Ivan

Gang Hero
Nov 5, 2019
Culemborg, the Netherlands
Your original conversion is great, and I have had the imperial noble sprue sitting there waiting for me to do something with them for about three months.

I just wish I had a tool that could easily remove the scroll on his chest and I’m not sure the spikes on the shoulder and forearm loon quite right on him.
Cheers! I shaved off the spikes, I agree they don’t really work for a merchant. Kept the scroll, though: I will try to paint his name on it as a bit of advertising - customers need to remember where they got their prime-quality bullets, best in the Hive!

There’s another conversion that I’ve seen for the prize fighter that I think looks rad as well that I have the pieces lying around to make.

I can then use the base for the lineman to make a hive scum as well.
That is a great prize fighter, I’ve seen that one as well. I’m adapting the fat bodyguard from the Imperial Nobles team with the feathers and spikes shaved off to use as a prize fighter. Will paint him as a wrestler in custome, and the scroll will again have the name of my bullet merchant; sports advertising!

Reactions: almic85

almic85

Cranky Git
Oct 30, 2014
That is a great prize fighter, I’ve seen that one as well. I’m adapting the fat bodyguard from the Imperial Nobles team with the feathers and spikes shaved off to use as a prize fighter. Will paint him as a wrestler in custome, and the scroll will again have the name of my bullet merchant; sports advertising!

If you are going down the wrestler route I would suggest using one of the masked faces from the cawdor sprue to give it a luche libre vibe.

Also I’ve shaved the spikes off and added some more bullets and punches to him because as they say, more is more.