Almic85’s general hobby plog

cainex1

Hive Guilder
Dec 8, 2017
USA
I really like this new kit and I am hype to see the rest. These guys look good, don't forget to give those mold lines a quick swipe ᵃⁿᵈ ᵇᵒʳᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ᵇᵃʳʳᵉˡˢ ᵃⁿᵈ ᶜᵃʳᵛᵉ ᶦⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ᵇᵒᵒᵗ ʰᵉᵉˡˢ ᵃⁿᵈ ᶜˡᵉᵃʳ ᵒᵘᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ᵒᵛᵉʳʰᵃⁿᵍˢ ᵃⁿᵈ ᶠᶦˡˡ ᵗʰᵉ ᵍᵃᵖˢ ᵃⁿᵈ ˢʰᵃᵖᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ᵗʰᵘᵐᵇˢ ᵃⁿᵈ......
You got a strong gang there!

• Haha
Reactions: trollmeat and Ben_S

almic85

Cranky Git
Oct 30, 2014
Palmerston, ACT, Australia
I really like this new kit and I am hype to see the rest. These guys look good, don't forget to give those mold lines a quick swipe ᵃⁿᵈ ᵇᵒʳᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ᵇᵃʳʳᵉˡˢ ᵃⁿᵈ ᶜᵃʳᵛᵉ ᶦⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ᵇᵒᵒᵗ ʰᵉᵉˡˢ ᵃⁿᵈ ᶜˡᵉᵃʳ ᵒᵘᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ᵒᵛᵉʳʰᵃⁿᵍˢ ᵃⁿᵈ ᶠᶦˡˡ ᵗʰᵉ ᵍᵃᵖˢ ᵃⁿᵈ ˢʰᵃᵖᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ᵗʰᵘᵐᵇˢ ᵃⁿᵈ......
You got a strong gang there!

What mold lines? I don’t see any mold lines…

On a serious note I don’t do drilled barrels as I don’t have the tools for it, nor do I really like the look.

Same for scenic bases really. The Necromunda ones are ok, but I prefer plain black ones.

Reactions: trollmeat

cainex1

Hive Guilder
Dec 8, 2017
USA
What mold lines? I don’t see any mold lines…

On a serious note I don’t do drilled barrels as I don’t have the tools for it, nor do I really like the look.

Same for scenic bases really. The Necromunda ones are ok, but I prefer plain black ones.
I really do like the Necromunda bases. Those and the Sector Mechanicus bases are basically good to go without being too busy.
I'm just giving you some ribbing, I have every gang and maybe a handful of minis even ready for paint.

Last edited:
Reactions: trollmeat

almic85

Cranky Git
Oct 30, 2014
They look great! I was looking for more pictures of the new sprue used!

I might have a few more in the next two months depending on what I need to build for the next campaign.

At a minimum I think I need to try interchanging the shotgun and boltgun arms and mounting them in different bodies to see how they look on less static poses.

One trick to look out for though is the neck positioning. Most of the models I have built I have had to select the neck/hair pieces based on where I want the model to be looking rather than which hair I actually wanted. The actual Goliath sprue is the same. You can cut the hair off and move it around between heads but it’s a bit too much for me to bother with.

Also the Stimmer neck doesn’t fit with other faces unless you seriously hack into both the neck and the gace to make them fit. The Stimmer needed some quite significant trimming to work.

almic85

Cranky Git
Oct 30, 2014
Getting some paint on my new Goliaths.

Black undercoat spray
grey base coat and gunmetal base coat onto any area I am going to add colour.
skeleton hoard contrast on the skin.
blood angels red contrast on the red bits.
Telesar blue contrast on the blue bits of the stimmer
Nazdreyellow on the yellow bits of the Stimmer
Bright yellow paint used for pants trim on the gangers and to highlight yellow parts of the Stimmer
Light blue highlight added to the blue bits of the Stimmer
Some gold highlights added to the Stimmer
Some orange edge highlights and dry brushing on the Stimmer.
also forgot to add green for the mixed chemical colour and contrast snakebite leather for the straps and the blood returning to the front panel.

Last edited:

almic85

Cranky Git
Oct 30, 2014
It’s been a while since I uploaded anything and it’s not Necromunda but Stargrave that has me picking up the paintbrush.

So with that I give you the crew of the Fenek coming to a galaxy near you…

7FDE09D2-592C-4E82-87F0-01A733FA024B.jpeg

almic85

Cranky Git
Oct 30, 2014
So here is the start of my yak comp 40 entry being the ever trusty SS Fenek (name may change to something more pregnant sounding) coming together.

I think it’s got a nice starting shape and my intention is to fill it with expanding foam and then shave back some of the excess to suit the required curve.

almic85

Cranky Git
Oct 30, 2014
The random fighters and doggies got spray painted black three days ago and dry brushed two days ago.

The box of random monsters, wizard says fan fighters got spray painted at the same time (three days ago) and are waiting for their dry brush of grey and white before getting contrast added to them.

The plan is to have all this finished up in the next two weeks…

almic85

Cranky Git
Oct 30, 2014