Necromunda Alternative Necromunda Miniature Sources (image heavy)

cainex1

Hive Guilder
Dec 8, 2017
USA
I have a few Lego clear discs that I'm thinking of using and maybe one of their clear satellite dishes could work... if they still make them.

cainex1

Hive Guilder
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Will do, my only real concern is how thick they might be. I'll leave some info once they arrive and I can give them a good once over.

Stoof

Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
Intriguing. I'm seeing all sorts of uses as window panes, windshields and cockpit canopies as a possibility too! Great idea!

nooker

Prodigal Viking of the Librarium
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Feb 17, 2011
Brooklyn Park, MN
That's worth a shot. Lego has a buy a brick page, but didn't see those. If you happen to be in the Twin Cities, MN USA or near other Lego spots, you could just go in and see if they have individual ones that would work.

cainex1

Hive Guilder
Dec 8, 2017
USA
My guys... I have acquired the fake nail thing! It is AMAZING!
Ok, first point, it isn't the fake nails, it's the plastic display board you might see samples on or that some student uses to learn, I guess.
Second, these are NICE. They are proper thick and what few blemishes exist can be buffed out with some high grit abrasive or heat.
And here ya go, the scale is perfect they're thinner than Van Saar shields but longer to about an equal amount.
gZUEW2O.jpg

UPDATE:
Cut from the disc and cleaned up (with nail files, ironically). This is gonna work great. It would be an excellent part for Eldar, too.
uakUIvU.jpg

Last edited:

cainex1

Hive Guilder
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Honestly, I can see a whole lot of uses for these. I'll have to try and find another set in a different shape.

cainex1

Hive Guilder
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Sure. This is US ebay but the company is in China so you know they'll ship anywhere.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Clear-Fals...ce-Wheel-Board-Manicure-Tool-Kit/202156875090

EDIT AND UPDATE:
I cut all of them out and cleaned everything up in about 90 minutes to the standard of the first piece I posted. You need a number of grades of sand paper/nail files and one of the 3 way polishing nail files to finish to perfect clear.

Last edited: