Necromunda Alternative Necromunda Miniature Sources (image heavy)

Petitioner's City

Gang Hero
Nov 15, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
I'd rather not - it would just be bad, and also I can't sculpt.

I guess I just hope there would be something which looked like an evolution from the prospect. The fiction has overtly female Goliath (terminal overkill, road to Redemption) at the higher end of the chain (ie muscled up), so I wish there was the representation of that in miniature form :)

(Also, assumptions ;) )

Pagumb

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Sep 10, 2020
The female goliath is a conversion beyond all my hobby skills so I can't even fathom an achievable set of steps to do it. GW could have thrown a couple of chest plates on their new sprue and a few female faces/heads and that would have been a real reason to get the sprues. 3D printing seems like the most likely solution but until someone with the skills to create such pieces makes them available I'll have to wait. The gladiator torsos and legs might work. Add Catachan arms maybe?

There was a Goliath couple in the Kal Jerico book Blood Royal that I'd like to convert up someday but that's for another time.

Last edited:

MusingWarboss

Hive Guilder
Oct 31, 2013
I suppose you could channel your inner teenage boy and sculpt a chest plate with boob armor. Or maybe use a file to etch a current plate into boob armor? A lot of female bodybuilders have very little body fat, so you may not have to actually change much. Unless they’re genesmithing massive mammaries?
How about using two of the shoulderpads fused together in the middle to create a “boob armour” look?

Just maybe not the one with the spike in the middle unless you’re going for a Madonna look!!

After that... they did do an upgrade sprue of female Sigmarite heads. Should scale well.

I’m guessing though once aggressively pumped full of stimms there’s perhaps not much difference between them?

Pagumb

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Sep 10, 2020

I’m guessing though once aggressively pumped full of stimms there’s perhaps not much difference between them?
Finally a good hobby question to ask my wife what she thinks (after an extensive lore review of both factions to properly frame their place in their respective settings)...😬

It’s a good idea, I think, at least worth a visual review and cost analysis.

Reactions: Petitioner's City

cainex1

Hive Guilder
Dec 8, 2017
USA
I'd rather not - it would just be bad, and also I can't sculpt.

I guess I just hope there would be something which looked like an evolution from the prospect. The fiction has overtly female Goliath (terminal overkill, road to Redemption) at the higher end of the chain (ie muscled up), so I wish there was the representation of that in miniature form :)

(Also, assumptions ;) )
There is this line https://hungrytrollminiatures.com/41-nuke-girlz-amazon?page=2
And this girl specifically https://hungrytrollminiatures.com/ng-extras/382-ograna-resin.html

Petitioner's City

Gang Hero
Nov 15, 2017
Edinburgh, UK

Unslain

Gang Hero
Nov 29, 2014
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, UK
If there are female marine 3rd party torsos, or easily accessible female stormcast torsos without tabards, they would be good sources too.
I only have a couple of female stormcast models from the underworlds kits, but their torsos are distinctly narrower than goliaths. In my view you would need to be adding their busts to the front of existing furnace plate if you want to avoid sculpting.

But how do you feel about shaving down plastic instead of sculpting? Adding 1-2mm thickness of sprue across an existing chest piece and then filing it into a similar shape to the forgeborn plate is perhaps quicker than trawling the likes of thingiverse. Shaving down the lateral muscles just above the belt a touch might give a slightly more feminine shape, and/or filing the shoulders a little smaller - it depends on your idea of how much different a female goliath looks from the males.

Similarly you could try shaving a little plastic from the brow and cheekbones of an existing goliath face (optionally the corners of the jaw bone too) in order to make it less masculine, but I think I would try using one of the respirator faces for ease instead.