N18 Ambush scenario and "initiation" tactics card

uakein

Nov 5, 2019
Kyiv
Hello
Question about "Ambush" scenario and Orlock Gang tactics card "Initiation".

This card prowide extra 3 free juves, that included in the crew. Do they count for purpose of victory conditions, when "slipping the net"?
Couldn't find any reasons why not, and arbitrator decide that they dont count, and i could could not find solid arguments for counting them.

New to Munda, so seek advice where i am missing something.
Tnx!

Scabs

Gang Champion
Feb 4, 2014
San Diego. CA, USA
"Couldn't find any reasons why not" is rules as NOT written. So, include the Juves.

"could not find solid arguments for counting them. " is also rules as NOT written. So, include the Juves.

In other words, there is a rule that says fighters that "slip the net" count. Does not qualify who can slip the net (I guess?). There is not a rule that says the free Juves don't (I guess?). Now, you are obviously free to interpret the rules as you wish. In general, that can be a path to a rabbit hole (or worse, a boring game). But, if a rule (especially a special rule like a tactics card) ruins the game for you, don't use the rule. Or, in this case, the tactics card. But, this is a good example of a rule/card that could help balance an otherwise unbalanced scenario.

The game is really big, with lot's of moving parts. And, sometimes there are conflicts. As a player and Arbitrator, I generally prefer to follow the rules. I really discourage reading into the rules what ain't there. I don't like rabbit holes, unintended consequences, or sucking the fun out of the game because of pet peeves. That said, I don't let an obvious rules conflict, or situation like a tactics card, ruin an good game. Or, friendship. I'm a Minimalist with a big heart.

Last edited:

Scabs

Gang Champion
Feb 4, 2014
San Diego. CA, USA
Ya know...I'm messing with Blood Bowl for the first time since a drive-by 25 years ago. Blood Bowl has a balancing mechanism whereby a team does not start a game with less than the minimum 11 players. Instead, generic "Journeymen" are temporarily added to the team's roster for that game. They come with a restriction on team die rerolls, but are otherwise fully functional.

NO! I am not suggesting this for Necro. Perish the thought! I am only pointing out that a basic rule in BB is similar to this Orlock Tactics Card. Coincidence? For Necro's design team, probably not.

Reactions: uakein