Anime Corner

The thing with Interspecies Reviewers is that no streaming service carries it, and it’s not on YouTube either. But there are ways to see it, and I’ve watched it. It’s hilarious. But government thought the censored version was too risqué and once the Undead episode came out, it was banned everywhere.

I’ll be shocked if Gushing Over Magical Girls doesn’t go the same way. Especially since it’s uncensored.

Interspecies Reviewers was definitely amusing, but I felt pretty gross after watching it. I can see why more mainstream outlets wouldn't be keen on airing it (not that anyone "airs" anything these days).

Huh. Really? I’ve seen much worse that’s still streaming. Stuff that I thought was so over the top I just couldn’t watch it. Reviewers was just making fun of everything. I even caught an uncensored episode somehow, and they basically just blurred boobs. It was highly suggestive, but never crossed the line to hentai. (Which I cannot watch.)

So winter 2024 is another huge set of releases. I think my “try until episode 4 then decide what to ditch” is now dead. I’ll give the first episodes a look, but if they’re not grabbing my attention, I’m done. Far too many releases, and so many are crap Isekai.

I watched the first two episodes today. Yeah, it’s something else. I’m curious about all Braverns innuendo.

Copied this sentence from elsewhere but I agree with it (episode 4):

"The implication that they tried to waterboard Lulu and it failed because she just chugged all the water made me lose it."

well, we all knew it was coming. Crunchyroll said as much a little while after they bought funimation. I think most of the stuff has been moved to Crunchyroll already. Except Sentai. They’re exclusive on HiDive.

well, we all knew it was coming. Crunchyroll said as much a little while after they bought funimation. I think most of the stuff has been moved to Crunchyroll already. Except Sentai. They’re exclusive on HiDive.
Yeah, from what I gathered the thing that’s bugging people is the 45%-ish increase in the Crunchyroll subscription and the fact that any Funimation shows you had in an digital library are now gone.

As part of our transition to Crunchyroll, the price will increase from USD $54.95/year to USD $99.99/year beginning January 28th, 2025.”

As is the way with online streaming and not actually owning physical media these days.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/sony-dissolves-funimation-user-purchases-185911123.html

I dunno. There is now (as of today) a message on Crunchyroll on transferring your Funimation account (including watch history) to your Crunchyroll account. Has to be done before April 2, of course.

What's really tedious is trying to watch (a fully subbed) anime from years ago, but all that's up there is playlists with a half dozen episodes and 40+ hidden videos (because they were deleted) on YouTube. Which would be fine if they were released in a torrented format, but no, turns out Brave Exkaiser was mostly subtitled by a guy whose channel no longer exists.

On the bright side, Brave Bang Bravern is the only anime that ever convinced me to buy a specific brand of beer for watching with the show.