N18 Anyone know where I could find the Badzone Delta-7 set?

Condottiero Magno

Sep 11, 2019
Brighton, Massachusetts
Cards going OOP is one thing, but boards and only about a year after release?!? Obviously marked up on eBay, leaving gamestores as an option, but my hopes were just dashed, as Brookhurst doesn't have 'em.:( Where could I find a set in the US?

TopsyKretts

Gang Hero
Dec 29, 2017
Kristiansand
A local game store near me (Norway) may have 1 or 2 left. PM me if interested. Postage may be costly though.

If you put some effort into it, you could get a 3rd party industrial sci-fi gaming mat, then put walls on top of that. This is actually a much better solution which has the following benefits:
  • Better long-lasting quality. Gaming mats don't wear and tear as much as cardboard, specially under transport. Survives liquid spill (beer/soda).
  • More freedom to set up walls in unique ways, instead of the official tiles where walls are pre-set.
  • 2.5D, add additional hazards and terrain yourself, making it a much more interested board than printed 2d cardboard. You could make make fans, slime, furnace and other effects, and place it more freely.

Last edited:

Condottiero Magno

Sep 11, 2019
Brighton, Massachusetts
pretty sure my local store in Portland, Guardian Games, has a set. I'll try and double check next time im in there.
I just called Guardian Games and they'll get back to me soon, but even if they do find a box, the person on the phone wasn't sure he could mail it. I have no idea the size of the box and the weight. If I could convince them to mail it, am I looking at less than $20 or more to Massachusetts? It's a shame I can't find one on the East Coast.

Condottiero Magno

Sep 11, 2019
Brighton, Massachusetts
A local game store near me (Norway) may have 1 or 2 left. PM me if interested. Postage may be costly though.

If you put some effort into it, you could get a 3rd party industrial sci-fi gaming mat, then put walls on top of that. This is actually a much better solution which has the following benefits:
  • Better long-lasting quality. Gaming mats don't wear and tear as much as cardboard, specially under transport. Survives liquid spill (beer/soda).
  • More freedom to set up walls in unique ways, instead of the official tiles where walls are pre-set.
  • 2.5D, add additional hazards and terrain yourself, making it a much more interested board than printed 2d cardboard. You could make make fans, slime, furnace and other effects, and place it more freely.
Postage is the issue...

I agree about the gaming mat, but it'll cost more than the tiles and I'm trying to balance a gaming budget between figures, rules and terrain. I got out of AoS after getting fed up with paying $40+ for army books replaced in a year or two and the General's Handbook at $35. I'm not averse to making buildings and foam packaging makes great industrial terrain, but there's the issue of storage: I've a large box full of trees and half-timbered buildings, which is useful for fantasy and historical gaming, but futuristic buildings have limited use - maybe I could use the Medieval buildings as part of a theme park. :LOL: Was thinking of getting Zone Mortalis walls, but Forge World discontinued the line. Death Ray Designs has sturdy looking alternatives and I've seen pics of DRD or Art of War Studios' terrain with the tiles as a base.

I'm considering using the Space Crusade board...

Reactions: TopsyKretts