N18 Anyone know where I could find the Badzone Delta-7 set?

Sep 11, 2019
Brighton, Massachusetts
Cards going OOP is one thing, but boards and only about a year after release?!? Obviously marked up on eBay, leaving gamestores as an option, but my hopes were just dashed, as Brookhurst doesn't have 'em.:( Where could I find a set in the US?

TopsyKretts

Hive Guilder
Dec 29, 2017
Kristiansand
A local game store near me (Norway) may have 1 or 2 left. PM me if interested. Postage may be costly though.

If you put some effort into it, you could get a 3rd party industrial sci-fi gaming mat, then put walls on top of that. This is actually a much better solution which has the following benefits:
  • Better long-lasting quality. Gaming mats don't wear and tear as much as cardboard, specially under transport. Survives liquid spill (beer/soda).
  • More freedom to set up walls in unique ways, instead of the official tiles where walls are pre-set.
  • 2.5D, add additional hazards and terrain yourself, making it a much more interested board than printed 2d cardboard. You could make make fans, slime, furnace and other effects, and place it more freely.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2019
Brighton, Massachusetts
pretty sure my local store in Portland, Guardian Games, has a set. I'll try and double check next time im in there.
I just called Guardian Games and they'll get back to me soon, but even if they do find a box, the person on the phone wasn't sure he could mail it. I have no idea the size of the box and the weight. If I could convince them to mail it, am I looking at less than $20 or more to Massachusetts? It's a shame I can't find one on the East Coast.

Sep 11, 2019
Brighton, Massachusetts
A local game store near me (Norway) may have 1 or 2 left. PM me if interested. Postage may be costly though.

If you put some effort into it, you could get a 3rd party industrial sci-fi gaming mat, then put walls on top of that. This is actually a much better solution which has the following benefits:
  • Better long-lasting quality. Gaming mats don't wear and tear as much as cardboard, specially under transport. Survives liquid spill (beer/soda).
  • More freedom to set up walls in unique ways, instead of the official tiles where walls are pre-set.
  • 2.5D, add additional hazards and terrain yourself, making it a much more interested board than printed 2d cardboard. You could make make fans, slime, furnace and other effects, and place it more freely.
Postage is the issue...

I agree about the gaming mat, but it'll cost more than the tiles and I'm trying to balance a gaming budget between figures, rules and terrain. I got out of AoS after getting fed up with paying $40+ for army books replaced in a year or two and the General's Handbook at $35. I'm not averse to making buildings and foam packaging makes great industrial terrain, but there's the issue of storage: I've a large box full of trees and half-timbered buildings, which is useful for fantasy and historical gaming, but futuristic buildings have limited use - maybe I could use the Medieval buildings as part of a theme park. :LOL: Was thinking of getting Zone Mortalis walls, but Forge World discontinued the line. Death Ray Designs has sturdy looking alternatives and I've seen pics of DRD or Art of War Studios' terrain with the tiles as a base.

I'm considering using the Space Crusade board...

Reactions: TopsyKretts
Sep 11, 2019
Brighton, Massachusetts
Guardian Games haven't replied back, so either they forgot or they don't have a set. I called my local GW and if the guy was being truthful, he had a set a few days ago, but shipped it back to GW - might've been dead stock. Called GW and was told if not on the website, they can't sell me a copy, even if returned from a store.:mad: These returned copies will be trashed if I understood correctly and probably no reprints.

Reactions: Sharpeemail
Sep 11, 2019
Brighton, Massachusetts
Just rang Guardian Games in Tiverton and was told that “I don’t sell Games Workshop type stuff”

Did I ring the wrong place?
Guardian Games in Portland, Oregon...

Considering the person on the phone sounded reluctant to mail a box to Massachusetts, I doubt they'd ship overseas, and even if they were to do so, postage would be $40+ - I recall as much for an hardcover book from Switzerland.

Sep 11, 2019
Brighton, Massachusetts
Sorry they haven't called you. I was there last Friday and they had 5 of them on the shelf.
:(

I should've called my local GW on Monday, but was waiting for a response. Had assumed the Brookline store wouldn't have a copy, since I called asking about the Dark Millennium playing cards a few weeks before: it's slightly bigger than a master bedroom, so not much space for old stuff.

Sep 11, 2019
Brighton, Massachusetts
Sorry they haven't called you. I was there last Friday and they had 5 of them on the shelf.
They probably still have all five, but more than likely won't ship: even their meager online store requires in person pick-up.(n) Another person pointed me to a game store in Connecticut and they do have a copy, but they're unwilling to ship. From Boston to Newington, CT, it's an almost 2 hour drive and 2 1/2 by bus. Postage would probably cost less than paying for a round trip bus ticket and I wouldn't have to waste 5+ hours. The stores with shipping availability have already sold out!

Sep 11, 2019
Brighton, Massachusetts
Earlier today, I sent an email to GW customer service, mentioning my difficulty in finding a box, and asked if there will be a reprint - IMO the current GW's email customer service > phone customer service. It's a long shot...🤞
Oh dear... :(

Received a polite stock email:
Here at Games Workshop we are constantly reviewing our range. New products are added and sometimes products are removed. Everything that is currently in our range is available to purchase from www.games-workshop.com. If a product can't be found on our web store or is no longer available, it isn't currently part of our range. This item has officially been discontinued and will not be returning.
Forge World also discontinued the Zone Mortalis resins...

MusingWarboss

Gang Hero
Oct 31, 2013
Oh dear... :(

Received a polite stock email:
Forge World also discontinued the Zone Mortalis resins...
Yeah, it’s a thing now. There are guesses that the Zone Mortalis May be resurrected as some kind of 3D plastic kit (most likely just the walls) though that is speculation. I can’t imagine the resins sold that well really, they’ve been on sale for a long long time now too so we’re due a refresh anyway. Plus they are incompatible with the plastic Necromunda doors!

It’s a shame these Badzone tiles went. I did want to get some, never got round to it, now they’re OOP. Not gonna bother with eBay as those prices are crazy.

Rikokrates

Juve
Jul 9, 2019
Hey guys, we may be in luck. I just ordered a set from MightyApe, they are based in NZ, shipping to Korea wasn't too expensive maybe £20 but I got a few other things from there which made it worthwhile.

It looks expensive but it's in NZ dollars and which translates to about £35, which is the price it originally retailed at. I understand the postage might outweigh your need but I hate giving money to Ebay horders.

almic85

Gang Hero
Oct 30, 2014
Palmerston, ACT, Australia
Just a heads up that Mighty Ape May not actually have them in stock as they are listed as available in the next order.

They might be expecting to get a delivery from GW that can’t happen because GW are no longer selling the item.

Edit: but just in case I have also ordered from them.

Last edited: