Arbitrator General's Lost Enforcer Revamp Rules

Ardavion

Gang Hero
Nov 22, 2011
Since I have them, apparently Arbitrator General has rules on this site already, and they should be shared as AG would hopefully have wanted, find attached the files I managed to recover from the depths of the 'net.

If people could:

Contact AG to see if this is OK (and if AG wants to get himself a copy of his own rules :D )
Put these into the library proper (if allowed by AG)
Discuss their views on these rules, which are quite good but to me could do with a little tweaking

Happy Enforcing!

Attachments

• Enforcers - Part 2 - Hired Gun - Judge.pdf
    81.8 KB · Views: 670
  • Enforcers - Part 3 - Scenario - Precinct Assault (1).pdf
    46 KB · Views: 357
  • Enforcers - Part 1 - Gang Revamp (1).pdf
    331.3 KB · Views: 331
I like some of the ideas in the first PDF, the Tagger sounds like it could be fun, especially if someone else has someone dripping with Archeotech and what not, that will make him a tough guy to shoot at. Take him down in H2H, then hope to confiscate his gear. The only gripe I have about that is that it says it goes to the Enforcer group, as though they are withholding evidence. I take it to mean, if I beat down your Heavy with a H. Plasma, I'm keeping it, giving it to my own Heavy. Personally, I don't like this (you guys may see different). Enforcers aren't there to be a campaign gang, they're there to fulfil some fluff, as in, "We're here kicking seven shades of brown out of each other, but the 5-0 aren't about?!".
If I captured someone's gear, it'd be in the precinct lockup, sat on a shelf, waiting for trial and given as evidence. But this could lead into a very nice "RAID ON PRECINCT 40K" (different to the one given in PDF form, by ardavion), where the gang are attempting to sneak into the precinct, grab their gear and get out. Think like a Raid with sentries and all that. If you're spotted, you're outlawed. It's risky, but depending on what has been stolen, it may be worth it! ... Yes? No? Just an idea...
This leads me onto the Territory list. Again, it's something I'd drop. Giving the enforcers money is redundant in my eyes. They're backed by the Emperor, funded to the gills, given free troops upon death, armed with awesome kit... They're a force to be reckoned with. But again, this is why they aren't a campaign gang in the sense that the rest (minus Spyrers - But they have the risk of failing their oath by death) of the gangs are.
The Cybermastif getting a temporary stat boost is pretty good, though! For one game, it may be stronger, like it hasn't run a diagnostic check and is operating at 150% (how I see it) or it may be a shambling wreck!

No Giant Killer unless you lose is a good idea. It would stop the already OP enforcers becoming insanely OP!
However, and this leads back to the enforcers having income issue, having to "pay for overtime" if you are out rated by over 1000 is just ridiculous and makes the whole affair take forever when working out costs and all that.

I have some enforcers which I will be playing at some point, and I will be taking some of the good ideas (Cybermastif overclocking, tagging) and fitting them in with the rules I downloaded from the GW site.
The Raid on the Precinct may just be used for rescue missions against Enforcers, too!
And as much as I may have sounded very negative about these rules, I hope you can see it as more of a critical eye on it. I'm not saying, play my way or rot in a box in the loft for all eternity, more, I don't think these bits would lend itself to a campaign and have it enjoyable for everyone involved. Ans as I said, there are elements I'll be using!
If I have just misread something, please let me know! And tell me your views on the stuff, you may just word it in a way that makes me consider something I saw as a poor feature.

But thanks for sharing these files. They've been added to my folder of Necro-PDFs!

The point of these is though if you don't want to play them as a fill-in gang. You can have them as a band of rogues on the make (like coppers in real life)!

chitching said:
I like some of the ideas in the first PDF
Good to hear, but I'd repeat that these aren't my rules, but AGs. These were done well over three years ago and were since lost to the world through forum changes where they were stored and AG losing them in some life incident or other. These rules need more rounding, in my opinion, but they're a damn good start on making enforcers more worthwhile than a "arbitrator-only gang that for some reason anyone can play".

chitching said:
Enforcers aren't there to be a campaign gang, they're there to fulfil some fluff, as in, "We're here kicking seven shades of brown out of each other, but the 5-0 aren't about?!".
Again, different playstyles. I'd want whoever chose to play enforcers to be able to have just as much fun as everyone else playing standard gangs; the guy who played enforcers felt left out when we were doing post-battle territory rolls and buying, and would probably have better enjoyed playing a standard gang - but if the problem isn't necessarily with the player, but the gang, then the rules aren't there to make the enforcers fun.

chitching said:
If I captured someone's gear, it'd be in the precinct lockup, sat on a shelf, waiting for trial and given as evidence. But this could lead into a very nice "RAID ON PRECINCT 40K" (different to the one given in PDF form, by ardavion), where the gang are attempting to sneak into the precinct, grab their gear and get out. Think like a Raid with sentries and all that. If you're spotted, you're outlawed. It's risky, but depending on what has been stolen, it may be worth it! ... Yes? No? Just an idea...
My idea was in line with rebel grots, who get paid teef depending on their performance in the previous battle, so perhaps enforcers get a better return on sold equipment as they're rewarded for removing dangerous weapons from the general populace, and/or they get more favour with their benefactor for funding.

chitching said:
This leads me onto the Territory list. Again, it's something I'd drop. Giving the enforcers money is redundant in my eyes. They're backed by the Emperor, funded to the gills, given free troops upon death, armed with awesome kit... They're a force to be reckoned with. But again, this is why they aren't a campaign gang in the sense that the rest (minus Spyrers - But they have the risk of failing their oath by death) of the gangs are.
Again, different gang style and play style. I'd say that my reading of the fluff is that enforcers are funded by the local Guilders, not the Emperor. Arbitrators are funded by the Adeptus Arbites. Enforcers are not Arbitrators, in my mind.

chitching said:
The Cybermastif getting a temporary stat boost is pretty good, though! For one game, it may be stronger, like it hasn't run a diagnostic check and is operating at 150% (how I see it) or it may be a shambling wreck!
I like the push towards a "beastmaster-like" approach to the cybermastiff handler, but I haven't looked too much at the specific rules to really comment on it.

chitching said:
However, and this leads back to the enforcers having income issue, having to "pay for overtime" if you are out rated by over 1000 is just ridiculous and makes the whole affair take forever when working out costs and all that.
I'll reiterate that these rules aren't finished, in my mind; at least not to a point I'd feel comfortable using them. Working on balancing income for Enforcers would be key to making the gang work; the hand-wave of "they get supplied automatically but don't buy or sell anything" really irks me.

chitching said:
I have some enforcers which I will be playing at some point, and I will be taking some of the good ideas (Cybermastif overclocking, tagging) and fitting them in with the rules I downloaded from the GW site.
The Raid on the Precinct may just be used for rescue missions against Enforcers, too!
Post up on here how it all turns out, I'd be interested in hearing how it goes.

chitching said:
And as much as I may have sounded very negative about these rules, I hope you can see it as more of a critical eye on it. I'm not saying, play my way or rot in a box in the loft for all eternity, more, I don't think these bits would lend itself to a campaign and have it enjoyable for everyone involved. Ans as I said, there are elements I'll be using!
If I have just misread something, please let me know! And tell me your views on the stuff, you may just word it in a way that makes me consider something I saw as a poor feature.
I'll have to refresh my memory; there were some key points stuck in my head that made me feel they're a step in the right direction for enforcers, but I haven't read them since I found them last year.

chitching said:
But thanks for sharing these files. They've been added to my folder of Necro-PDFs!
No problem, I just hope I've not angered anyone (Arbitrator General, for one) by posting them.

I have different versions of these. The gang includes pictures but I have not read through them to find differences yet. The hired gun document I have includes a sharpshooter and psi-detective as well as the judge. The scenario I have seems to be a final draft as it does not have the red notations from the scenario template.

I can send you these to compare.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stubber (you have the same avatar as Anthony Case almost!) that sounds cool, I'd like to see those additional hired guns especially.

I like the look of these rules and I am all in favour of Enforcers having a more conventional ruleset. I hate the Tagger but I generally hate anything that can screw you over to such an extent, it's like a (for more moderate and sensible unless you roll a 6) version of the original Disarm skill.

Enforcers aren't Arbites and so may well be underfunded, poorly equipped, etc. They would, I imagine, vary from hive to hive and district to district. I am sure Lord Hellmaw has some Enforcers that are very different to those found in a sump-side shanty.

It occurred to me that the Ash Waste Bounty Hunter gang rules would work pretty well for an enforcer gang with minimal tweaking. You start off with a bunch of scum but they are guaranteed to get some great gear if they live long enough.

Stubber said:
I have different versions of these.
[snip]
I can send you these to compare.
Please upload them as attachments to your next post - Since I apparently have the later lost versions of these documents. Are you sure they're Arbitrator General's rules?

Glad I wasn't perceived to be ripping the PDFs apart! I'm sure AG would be happy that people are getting their hands on them again! Try and get them put into the Library on here, too!
I know what you meant about making them more playable like house gangs, how they keep the equipment they confiscate, I had a discussion with Cardyfreak about this shortly afterwards, and it's just because we see the Enforcers as different people. He sees them as regular police, people from the community who are under order from Helmawr, people who can be corrupted by greed and all that, but I see them as more Just and true. The island of law in the sea of crud that is Necromunda.
And as you said, it's about play style.

I could change it so as not to confuse anyone, but I like how terrified the model looks, and it's a fairly good paint job if i do say so myself ;)

Yes they are the same author. It appears you have the newest version of the gang list b/c it has pictures. You also have the newest hired guns, it seems the others were axed and only the Judge was kept. And with the scenario Precinct Assault (caution the files have the same name, don't overwrite) it appears I have the latest b/c the red notations are removed.

As a side note I just watched DREDD, cool movie. It really makes me want to play enforcers now! I see the Adeptus Arbites as the incorruptible symbols of the law, everyone knows they aren't an original GW idea though ;) Enforcers model themselves off the Arbites, but I can see them being under-funded and having to resort to scrounging the occasional weapon when needed... especially in the Underhive! For this reason I approve of AG's changes, it's all about what is more fun for your group though.

Attachments

• Enforcers - Part 1 - Gang Revamp - No Pics.pdf
    103 KB · Views: 319
  • Enforcers - Part 2B - Hired Guns.pdf
    72.7 KB · Views: 347
  • Enforcers - Part 3 - Scenario - Precinct Assault.pdf
    48.8 KB · Views: 287
I cant open the rules linked ni the first post.. keep getting a message saying that they are damaged D=

Garandras said:
I cant open the rules linked ni the first post.. keep getting a message saying that they are damaged D=
As I'm not familiar with fixing pdfs, please give the below file a try; the document doesn't have a "file tree" or something, so I couldn't convert it to pdf/a, which would be self-contained and hopefully work - that may be the problem.

This export/convert is pdf/e, which I have no idea what it means particularly.

pdf/x is the last resort, since it looks even more complicated and more focused on printed media (you can choose what kind of paper its supposed to be printed on when you export it!).

It may end up with me opening the original file and copying it into a new file, just to get this "file tree" so that it works. I might even update the style to make it more necromundish if that happens.

Attachments

• Enforcers - Part 1 - Gang Revamp export type pdf e.pdf
    550.2 KB · Views: 259
sharkface said:
you could always just print it to a PDF writer :p
Firstly, does the converted file work (this is more aimed at those who can't read the original files)? If not, I'll investigate printing a PDF to another PDF.

Garandras said:
Yeah still didn't work for me..
OK, try this "pdf printed pdf" version. After this, I don't know how I can help other than transcribe the rules out into a post.

Attachments

• Enforcers - Part 1 - Gang Revamp pdf printer version.pdf
    337.7 KB · Views: 260
Last edited by a moderator:
Gorkamunda said:
Seems to work like a charm (iphone).
Well, if the first post didn't work for you and the pdf printed pdf does, we have a fix. I'll wait for Garandas to post back since he was the main person with the problem, and if so I'll put the other two documents through the printer and post them up.

Would people want these newer files replacing the files in the OP, if there's an option to change them out?