Armageddon: Rules Questions

JawRippa

Ganger
Mar 31, 2017
I propose to have a main thread dedicated to helping new people with rules and discussing arguable points in rulebook. In case of very arguable rule interpretation let's try to use original Necromunda rules (which SW:A is based on) or use common sense!

So, let me start:
1). How does overwatch work when opponent is in clear sight, but does not move? Can you shoot at him as soon as he ends his movement phase?
2). Let's say that a model was hiding (so 50% of model is behind cover). Opponent sets up overwatch. Model moves(not runs) out of cover into the next piece of cover which hides it for 50% and ends its turn by hiding again. Does it count as fleeting movement?
3). Can you overwatch with grenades?
4). Can you move less than your "M" stat and count as running? Does this mean that you can run in one place?
5). If you got shot by overwatch during your turn, does it mean that you don't automatically recover at the end of that same turn? (since you were not pinned when the round has started)

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
1) P22 of the NCE:
During the enemy’s movement phase, the model may shoot at any target at any time following the usual targeting rules. The model could shoot before the target moves, after it has moved, or actually while the target is moving. Overwatch is obviously useful for shooting at enemy models as they dash from cover

Bold mine. Shoot at any time in the movement phase... whether the target moves or not doesn't matter.

2) Yes as it (if not hit) will begin and end its move out of LoS

3) Yep, couldnt find anything that says otherwise so yeah, grenades are fine.

4) P19 of the NCE:
A model which is pinned at the start of his turn will automatically recover from pinning at the end of that turn.

So they will stay pinned as they did not start the turn pinned.

Hope that helps!

Edit: sorry just realised you wanted original necromunda not NCE... if it helps... the answers for 3 and 4 are the same as the LRB, and answer 1 is that you really can as in LRB there wasn't a restriction to only overwatching in the movement phase.

Reactions: JawRippa

JawRippa

Ganger
Mar 31, 2017
4) P19 of the NCE:
A model which is pinned at the start of his turn will automatically recover from pinning at the end of that turn.
That one is mean.

Thanks a lot for answers! Sure, NCE also works, in fact probably better to use NCE rather than 100% original rules

Reactions: spafe

JawRippa

Ganger
Mar 31, 2017
Another question - how does fighting a 1 vs many models work morale wise?

I've realised that RAW every model in melee will have to pass test LD whenever a friendly model nearby dies... Which makes orky main tactic of melee swarming tough targets alongside Nob to swing last kinda impractical. Let's say you attacked with 4 boys and a nob, rules allow you to pick attackers 1 by 1 since you outnumber oppponent. However whenever a boy dies, rest have to test on LD7-9, and with so many consequtive tests it is very plausible for your heavy hitter to just run away.

JawRippa

Ganger
Mar 31, 2017
When I shoot a weapon with sustained fire, if I put an enemy down on the first shot, do all enemies within 2" take a break test and run before I shoot the second shot?

I have already seen this post for multiple combat:
https://yaktribe.games/community/threads/break-tests-and-multiple-combats.5706/
RAW I'd say that they break and run before another shot lands, as you are to immideately move 2D6 which has a good chance to put you out of 4" distance required for sustained fire shots to spread. Gamewise, I'd say it should be played like that because shooting is a powerful thing and sustained fire is even more so.
On a sidenote, I've read linked thread. It seems that orks indeed have a hard time piling on a single target without houseruling.
New questions:

- do new recruits take a mission complete mark if they have not taken part in a scenario?

- in "muster actions" phase (post match action), if I gain the hability scavenger (50 extra credits), can I gain the credits in this phase? (as rearm and recruit is after gaining habilities)

- all fighters within 6" of the leader can use leader's initiative when testing early from pinning. what if the lider has a carpace armor (-1 initiative)? and what if the fighters have a carpace armor?

- hth weapons with their own armor save modifier stack it to its own strength modifier. what if weapon strength is "user +1"? their own strength modifier is not applied when shooting a pistol in hth, right?

SWA rulebook is quite unclear. I know GW is not going to release a new faq, but there should be a community faq.
1). No
2). I'd say no. +50 credits, points, whatever is very powerful as it is and can easily get out of hand in long campaign.
3). Sadly yes. If SWACE ever becomes a thing that'd be the first thing to fix. (by adding custom and costlier carapace or `eavy armor with no I for leaders only? It makes 0 sense for Nob or Sergeant to stroll around without better armor while fighters under his command have one.)
4). There is no pistol that has STR User+1 stat, it is always fixed. And yes, hth weapons stack armor piercing from STR usage and their own armor piercing. For example a powerfist or a Klaw has wooping -7 AP. Note that to have armor modifier from STR melee weapon has to have stat "STR User +X" and not just "STR X". So, chainchoppa is always stuck at STR4 AP2 for example, no matter how much STR wielder has (which is kinda derpy)

and another one:

- I have the medic hability. Can I wait to know all injury rolls before deciding which one to reroll? If not, who decides the order in which rolling the injury rolls?
This one is vague and probably needs some kind of FAQ. I'd say roll all injury rolls and then make a decision.

pauman

Ganger
Sep 5, 2016
Thanks for you answers.

I am not confident on gw releasing a new faq.

but it would be nice to have a community faq (like this post).

JawRippa

Ganger
Mar 31, 2017
I didn’t answer #3 clearly. All fighters can use leader’s I when getting up from pinned state. So a Nob(I3 base) would help a boy in a heavy armor(I1 total) to get up on 3 and lower. If nob has heavy armor, his aura gets -1 as well. So heavy armor or carapace on leader is a bad idea.