N18 Ash waste Nomads 'House of' type rules

Stibac

Nov 13, 2019
Hi,
I've been wondering would anyone have an idea for a 'House of' type of rules for Ash waste nomads?
Van saar have their archeotech, Esher their drugs, Goliath genesmithing...
We're gonna play a dominion campaign soon and I'd like to add something similar to my Nomad gang
but don't have any ideas so far.
I might just borrow some outher houses rules (i already did something similar with my corpse grinders mixing them with goliath)

Hi,
I've been wondering would anyone have an idea for a 'House of' type of rules for Ash waste nomads?
We're gonna play a dominion campaign soon and I'd like to add something similar to my Nomad gang
I might just borrow some outher houses rules (i already did something similar with my corpse grinders mixing them with goliath)

Do you have the Book of the Outlands? I don't own the book, but having looked at a couple reviews it sounds like it's pretty much the "House of" book for squats and nomads. But I haven't looked at the rules in detail, so I may be off base.

Edit: nevermind, my impression was based on the fact that they do have prospects and an extra champion like they'd get in a "House of" book. But it sounds like the rules for everything else remain sparse. Goonhammer says "What they don’t have is a great deal of variety in weapons or equipment. They’re more similar to a House gang before weapon packs, dedicated books and so forth were released"

Last edited:
Hi,
You could do something around them being beast tamers. They can take any houses pets and animal brutes at a discount and you could create a skill tree for them for a bit of customization. Tho I could see that getting a little out of control if left unchecked if everyone had a couple of pets. Just a thought tho.

Hi,

Nomads are already pretty close to a house of book. They have (actually good) prospects, 2 types of champions (also good) and an extra skillset.

And their stormcaller has a system that isn't unlike the archaotech's thing. It's not as deep as the house gangs, but it works well enough in my opinion.

It's the squats that are left in the dirt, only having a special skill set.

Reactions: breegull
Nomads are already pretty close to a house of book. They have (actually good) prospects, 2 types of champions (also good) and an extra skillset.

And their stormcaller has a system that isn't unlike the archaotech's thing. It's not as deep as the house gangs, but it works well enough in my opinion.

It's the squats that are left in the dirt, only having a special skill set.
Yeah, I squats have it real bad. I agree that the Stormcaller thing is pretty close to gang stuff, I just find it anoying that I have to buy him to use it is all.

I understand the question to mean that you would like to design something yourself. I'm not familiar with the book either, but perhaps the following approaches may help:

- Rare ash waste insects with properties. Perception of tremors in the sand as target aid, a swarm to confuse, or undermine the ground and slow down the opponent.
- Or maybe some kind of symbiont? Special poisons?
- Biological non-human special characteristics of the nomads?
- Deception, e.g. cause mirage for protection or target deviation?
- Local knowledge, e.g. for camouflage, faster movement, finding remedies and tonics, ect.
- Weather influence has already been mentioned

Last edited:
THe New Ash wastes setting and Book of the Outlands Does it for me. They have done a much better job proofreading and editing this time round.
The Nomads are covered well but I am sure more Ash wastes stuff will turn up GW does love taking our money.
The Ash Nomads do have access via Trading Post etc most of the common toys other Gangs have and the more utilitarian Hangers on Just rename the items to suit you. Medicae Kit is a Healers Pouch etc. Also look to the Book Of Peril. One Its Awesome. Two it has loads of wackyness that mesh with alternate gangs with little effort.

I agree that the Stormcaller thing is pretty close to gang stuff, I just find it anoying that I have to buy him to use it is all.
Eh, he's just a pile of rags on a bug, same as the other bug riders. Seems way easier to just pick up an extra bug sprue from ebay and kitbash him, than to mess around with spindly finecast bug legs.