N18 Available weapons for leaders/champion

Azrael804

Juve
Jan 29, 2018
united kingdom
Hi
i'm fairly new to playing Necromunda and are currently building a Delaque Gang using HOS gang book.
on page 35 for equipment list for a lord of shadow it states "A delaque Master of Shadows has no restrictions upon types of weapon they can take: all weapon types are available" does does this apply only to the weapons listed on this page or are all weapons shown on pages116-1117 available also.
any help is appreciated

Scabs

Gang Hero
Feb 4, 2014
San Diego. CA, USA
Initial recruitment is restricted to the weapons on the Leader's entry. This simulates a gang being outfitted from the House's armory. After a game, make trade purchases of any category of weapon from the various Trading Posts. With Availability restrictions.

Reactions: Azrael804 and daveh
Jun 12, 2022
Aside from venators and outcasts all gangs start of campaigns are restricted to thier house lists for starting equipment. Otherwise every leader will be lugging around multi meltas and lascannons from the start...

TopsyKretts

Hive Lord
Honored Tribesman
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
I don't necessarily agree. Multi-melta and lascannon have high rarity. It must be purchased after a battle and it must be a high rarity roll. That's what bothering me about common items being completely restricted before first battle, then fully unrestricted after. Like the first battle is a magical switch.

Jun 12, 2022
"A delaque Master of Shadows has no restrictions upon types of weapon they can take: all weapon types are available" Types is the Keyword.
They can take the weapons on their House List in a Normal trade action. They can use the Seek Rare Items for non house weapons.
They don't even have to be their house version of the weapon. One of my Eshers is toting a Enforcer Combat Shotgun on the model. (Treated as a Normal Combat Shotgun) She found it in the gunsmyths for sale honest... just ignore that corpse over their in Layered Flack armour...