Back in the game

Jembo17

Gang Champion
Apr 27, 2013
Derbyshire, UK
Hey Yakkers,

After a considerable hiatus spent playing other games (got majorly into Shadows of Brimstone after snagging a kickstarter pledge off eBay - what a game!), i'm looking back into Necromunda and what the hell has become of the game.

Are all my 28mm figures now redundant that the scale creep has well and truly landed? Ouch. My poor 'Muscle Beach' Goliath gang... :cry:

A lot of rule changes, and i'm glad to see that the old sustained fire dice rules have pretty much returned (sarcasm intended). Although the wealth of the trading post, equipment and the Book of Peril (only seen it's contents online). I like the look of the tactics cards, as I remember way back when I joined this forum that I purchased a deck of event cards that someone had created and they were great for adding random events to the game.

I don't like that gangers only play bit parts now in the new version, as in the version compiled by this forum that I always played I loved the development and personality that each member of a gang grew into, with their own unique skills and advancements. But I haven't tried the new rules yet so I guess I should give them a proper go first before passing judgement.

I'm also looking at my ultra-fave Blood Bowl but am not in any rush to get back to that as they seem to be drip-feeding the rules/rosters and to date it doesn't seem a 'finished' game just yet.

Just wanted to say that the new look site is superb. Bravo @Malo

MedMos

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
Welcome back! The opinion on the new rules are about as varied as there are gamers, but that is to be expected I suppose. Some embrace them fully, others just stick to the old rules, but most seem to follow a "use what you can, house-rule the rest" approach.
Personally I'm staying with NCE, but we haven't seen new blood in my group (of 2...) for decades. ;)

Sethmerlin666

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Honored Tribesman
Jan 31, 2018
Payneham Road, Payneham SA, Australia
Yeh just depends on who you want to play with really.
If you've got a group of people who loved the game back in the day, then NCE probably for you.
If you've got newer gamers or keen to entice new people, the modern play style is I think easier to get into.
There's exceptions to the rule of course, I loved the old game but love the new one more....

They both have good and bad, it's just what flavour you like yourself. Most important is something that will keep your gaming group motivated and playing!

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
Welcome back dude! looking forward to your review/take on the new game and how you thnk it compares to classic NCE

Reactions: Jembo17

Ben_S

Hive Guilder
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
I'm also looking at my ultra-fave Blood Bowl but am not in any rush to get back to that as they seem to be drip-feeding the rules/rosters and to date it doesn't seem a 'finished' game just yet.
The 2016 game (starter box + DeathZone 1 for league rules) didn't change much from LRB6/CRP. It's true that they've added a bunch of extra rules for pitches, stadiums, new inducements, and the like, but all of that can be ignored if you prefer. I'd say it's closer to a 'static' rule set than Necromunda, which still seems to be getting new books periodically.

Jembo17

Gang Champion
Apr 27, 2013
Derbyshire, UK
Got myself the new Necromunda boxed game a couple of weeks ago, in addition to Goliath dice, Goliath cards and Escher cards.

I am currently on holiday in Cyprus and by pure fluke and utter chance located the Van Saar and Orlock card packs. 12 euros each, bought!
No idea how the hell i'm going to get hold of the Cawdor and Delaque though, I really am late to the game here(!). :mad:
Still a good find methinks. Also got the Nurgle and Dark Elf Blood Bowl cards, but that's another matter.

Rackets and Intrigues? Underdogs? Jesus, what an absolute ball ache that these things seem to sell out at pre-order and are then gone. I'll have to put my resourceful hat on again and go international. :cool:

TopsyKretts

Hive Guilder
Dec 29, 2017
Kristiansand

Jembo17

Gang Champion
Apr 27, 2013
Derbyshire, UK
After a lot of scouring the internet, i've now managed to get all the starting gangs card packs bar Delaque, and the enforcer pack. Lord only knows how i'll get the intrigues and rackets, and the other rarer than a rare thing card packs that were in circulation for about a day. (y)

Reactions: spafe

TopsyKretts

Hive Guilder
Dec 29, 2017
Kristiansand
Already supplied in links above. 100% complete. Print, scissor, sleeve. You can find many fancy magic deck boxes to transport them in. How do you plan to transport the awkwardly big GW card sizes?

Reactions: Nozerous

Jembo17

Gang Champion
Apr 27, 2013
Derbyshire, UK
Already supplied in links above. 100% complete. Print, scissor, sleeve. You can find many fancy magic deck boxes to transport them in. How do you plan to transport the awkwardly big GW card sizes?
Thanks again matey, it's (unfortunately) the completionist in me.
And transport thankfully isn't an issue as I host our games. (y)

Reactions: TopsyKretts

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
rubber band round them, then they sit in the bottom of my bag held in place with books at the back, and dice, tapemeasure and snacks so they dont rattle much when I am going to friends house.

Jembo17

Gang Champion
Apr 27, 2013
Derbyshire, UK

And they're off!! Which one will win the race and go for the most..?!

Jesus, i'm hoping that these feature in the christmas time re-print of a lot of the cards.

:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

Oct 21, 2019
Amsterdam
Jesus, i'm hoping that these feature in the christmas time re-print of a lot of the cards.
Same here, like yourself I'm a completionist as well and I'm missing 5 card packs.

I have read about a christmas re-print on other sites while looking for the card packs, but wasn't able to find any details on it.
Is this reprint something that happens yearly and are their any known details on it?

TopsyKretts

Hive Guilder
Dec 29, 2017
Kristiansand
Stop being completionist for official cards. They are ugly, cumbersome size. Make your own cards, be completionist about them instead. I have all official decks, but prefer my own printed cards Much more. I can update them with YAQ/FAQ/errata, put them in nice magic Deck boxes. Print any card I want, pre-order, limited or OOP doesn't matter. Can even lose the cards, just reprint!

Jembo17

Gang Champion
Apr 27, 2013
Derbyshire, UK
Same here, like yourself I'm a completionist as well and I'm missing 5 card packs.

I have read about a christmas re-print on other sites while looking for the card packs, but wasn't able to find any details on it.
Is this reprint something that happens yearly and are their any known details on it?

You got these?

Oct 21, 2019
Amsterdam

You got these?
Thanks for the link, I'm looking for the;

Dramatis Personae,
Badzones Environments and Events,
Intrigues and Rackets,
Gang Leader's Accessories and
underdog card packs.

One can dream. 😄