1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Necromunda Bacon's Underhive Builds - Conversions A-Go-Go

Discussion in 'Miniatures & Terrain' started by Xavier Bacon, May 12, 2016.

1. Xavier Bacon

Xavier Bacon Gang Champion
    Yak Comp 3rd Place

Map
    So I'm going to enter the 'Neglected Youth' competition. Why finish stuff when I can start more, right? RIGHT?

OK, this chaplet was in an eBay bitz bag, as a lot of this thread's minis began life. He's truly been neglected, I suspect by a youth. He had a thick coat of tan paint which I've soaked him in Biostrip to remove. But LOOK! Look at that assembly prowess! The audacious removal of a foot! The... whatever happened with that arm? Quite avant garde!

So, I've a full strip down and cleanup job to do, before rebuilding the missing leg and deciding what to do with the rest of him. I may regret choosing him as a base, especially if all the detail is poly cemented away, but I'll only GS him anyway. Now... what to do with him?

[​IMG]

trollmeat and TakUnderhand like this.
  2. RobStrachan

RobStrachan Gang Champion
    Tribe Council

Map
    This stuff is really good. I wish I had the patience to practice my green stuff skills.

trollmeat likes this.
  3. Xavier Bacon

Yak Comp 3rd Place

Map
    Thanks @RobStrachan - grab some Clay/Colour Shapers and some eBay models you don't care about and have a go! I just tinker now and then.

trollmeat likes this.
  4. Xavier Bacon

Yak Comp 3rd Place

Map
    Progress report: I have decided to fully exit my comfort zone! I took a resin skull and sculpted a FACE for the first time. Not done, not awful, not awesome, but mine!

[​IMG]

Gah, sorry for blur city there. Better pics once it's dry and handleable.

5. Good start Bacon! Lots of expression on that mug...

trollmeat likes this.
  6. Xavier Bacon

Yak Comp 3rd Place

Map
    Cheers @ToxicHierophant!

Tacked it all together and laid it down so you can see the pose I'm going for. My Juve will be nonchalantly leaning against a bulkhead, spraycan in one hand from tagging, knife in the other. Probably a gang initiation ritual - "Go tag the Orlocks' chem plant and we'll give you an autopistol for keeps..."

[​IMG]

#46 Xavier Bacon, May 26, 2016
    Last edited: May 27, 2016
    hreikin and trollmeat like this.
  7. Xavier Bacon

Yak Comp 3rd Place

Map
    Assembling... bit more GS. Taking shape now. Head is too big but meh, it'll do.

[​IMG]

After Dublin at the weekend I'll finish the GS (including some eyeballs!) and break out my DSLR for some decent photos.

Edit: update on one of the nobles too:

[​IMG]

Not done, but getting there. Happy with the shotgun (totally need to make an Orlock 'Road Warrior'), though cartridges are too small and messy and chest isn't wonderful yet. Hey ho, he looks ok!

#47 Xavier Bacon, May 27, 2016
    Last edited: May 27, 2016
    Stoof, TakUnderhand, Loriel and 9 others like this.
  8. spafe

spafe Executive Officer in charge of Hats
    Staff Member Necromunda Custodian Tribe Council Yak Comp 2nd Place Yak Philanthropist

Map
    I am green over your green stuff skills!

I'll get my coat...

trollmeat and Xavier Bacon like this.
  9. Ben_S

Ben_S Hive Guilder

Map
    I'm also very impressed by (and jealous of) your green stuff skills. I'd never have guessed that was your first try at a face.

He looks pretty heavily armoured for a Juve, but I like your little diorama idea.

trollmeat likes this.
  10. Matelloco

Matelloco Gang Hero

Map
    OMG dat dude with the shotgun oO

Xavier Bacon and trollmeat like this.
  11. Xavier Bacon

Yak Comp 3rd Place

Map
    Writing reports was boring so I glued bits of plastic together. I think this guy is the weird hybrid of a Wolfenstein boss, the Doom Spiderdemon, and the doll head from Toy Story.

++++ Servitor AR4ChN05 got separated from a Guilder caravan, deep in a far reach of the Underhive. Alone, without the proper litanies, his consciousness fractured and his programming degraded. Flesh screamed but Machine refused to die. The Servitor began to upgrade his ineffective form, using techniques the Mechanicus would either revere or call blasphemous! The result is a sentient death machine. A terror that searches the farthest domes for archeotech to assimilate and blood to spill... ++++

[​IMG]

Obviously, Green Stuff still to add. You know me!

Loriel, Stoof, TakUnderhand and 5 others like this.
  12. trollmeat

trollmeat Hive Guilder
    Yak Comp 2nd Place

Lots of really nice conversions so far, love the lil night gob and mutant with signs, but the spider demon... Nice :-D

13. Excellent concept of the "sentient death machine."

trollmeat likes this.
  14. Xavier Bacon

Yak Comp 3rd Place

Map
    Thanks guys. Hour or so messing with a cable maker and Clay Shapers and here we are:

[​IMG]

(They're gatling lasers btw, so no need for ammo hoppers... ammo is for crude mortals)

Utterly no idea why I made this. It appears my procrastinating is in 3D.

#54 Xavier Bacon, Jun 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
    KungFuPanda, Fold, Tiny and 6 others like this.
  15. Xavier Bacon

Yak Comp 3rd Place

Map
    Today's detour: BRATS

[​IMG]

This is the start of a planned Brat Gang, riffing off the spirit if not the exact look of the Brat Gangs from Confrontation. Likely to run them as Cawdor.

Some cleanup and detailing to do, and needs heads, obvs, but I'm happy with them so far. I'm loving my M14-style lasrifle and laslock pistols. :)

Loriel, KungFuPanda, Fold and 5 others like this.
  16. spafe

spafe Executive Officer in charge of Hats
    Staff Member Necromunda Custodian Tribe Council Yak Comp 2nd Place Yak Philanthropist

Map
    lovely ris mounts on the side of the rifles... that's a grea idea!

what heads are you going to use?

trollmeat likes this.
  17. Xavier Bacon

Yak Comp 3rd Place

Map
    I don't know! I'd like to keep them youthful looking. I've a random bitz tub re-up in the post so may see what that brings. Most head I have are Marine, Scout or Guard, and they all look too big. Some Empire ones are right size but repetitive or not the look I want.

trollmeat likes this.
  18. Xavier Bacon

Yak Comp 3rd Place

Map
    Also, super proud of the laspistols. I've only a few actual laspistols left, and needed more than I had for my plan (bolt pistols for punch, laspistols for backup). I took pushfit Guardsman arms from ones I'd converted into my plastic Praetorians, and used the muzzle and magwell/power pack from these to 40K-up some Empire Pistoleer arms.

TakUnderhand and trollmeat like this.
  19. cardyfreak

cardyfreak Executive Officer in charge of Radishes
    Staff Member Necromunda Custodian Tribe Council Yak Supporter

Map
    This is the most awesome thing I've seen in ages!

20. Dog Brother#1

Dog Brother#1 New Member

Have you thought about using harlequin heads, at least one of the original brat gangs had those kind of theatrical masks as part of their ensemble. Awesome conversions so far, by the way :)