N18 Badzone Enforcers (WD 2022-06)

Jun 12, 2022
I think all Enforcers already had access to common weapons like las- and auto weapons.

They had access to them in the Trading Post. Their gang list only gave them Enforcer Shotguns and Enforcer Boltguns as Basic Weapons. They had access to Autopistols, but already came with Stub Guns as part of their starting kit, so why would anyone buy Autopistols?

Heart of Storm

Gang Hero
Mar 8, 2019
Finally got my hands on a copy, I'm pretty meh about it

A proper cheap option in the form of hive scum conscripts is nice, but the Enforcers themselves are way overcosted, and that's on models which were already expensive.

An Enforcer costs 70 credits in the main list, which includes layered flak and stub gun, thanks to this WD article we know the cost of that gear is 25 credits.

A Badzone enforcer costs 55 credits (more than the overcosted Escher gangers!l and has a thoroughly mediocre statline, if you equipped them with the starting gear baseline enforcers get out the gate you end up with a model costing 80 credits.

Comparing them with the 30 credit hive scum, you get an extra +1 all your mental stats for those 25 credits, and a better starting weapons list, that's its.

I guess it opens up for a couple of tooled up characters with a swarm of cheap scum to support them, but couldn't you do that already with the Outcast gang?

Alan Munro

Juve
Jun 27, 2019
Finally got my hands on a copy, I'm pretty meh about it

A proper cheap option in the form of hive scum conscripts is nice, but the Enforcers themselves are way overcosted, and that's on models which were already expensive.

An Enforcer costs 70 credits in the main list, which includes layered flak and stub gun, thanks to this WD article we know the cost of that gear is 25 credits.

A Badzone enforcer costs 55 credits (more than the overcosted Escher gangers!l and has a thoroughly mediocre statline, if you equipped them with the starting gear baseline enforcers get out the gate you end up with a model costing 80 credits.

Comparing them with the 30 credit hive scum, you get an extra +1 all your mental stats for those 25 credits, and a better starting weapons list, that's its.

I guess it opens up for a couple of tooled up characters with a swarm of cheap scum to support them, but couldn't you do that already with the Outcast gang?

There are a couple of points you've overlooked. The standard enforcers come with just flack armour not layered so the cost is the same. Meanwhile the badzone enforcers can buy mesh armour for a 4+ save from the start, save a few creds by not getting stub guns for those that don't need them and can get shields for all leaders/champions. Overall they are a lot more flexible.

Heart of Storm

Gang Hero
Mar 8, 2019
There are a couple of points you've overlooked. The standard enforcers come with just flack armour not layered so the cost is the same. Meanwhile the badzone enforcers can buy mesh armour for a 4+ save from the start, save a few creds by not getting stub guns for those that don't need them and can get shields for all leaders/champions. Overall they are a lot more flexible.
You're right, I had missed that, its an undersuit they come with not layered flak, the badzone ones just get the undersuit, which actually makes them really well priced (30 creds for the model, 25 for the undersuit)

Reactions: spafe