Necromunda Battles in Big Great - NCE campaign

Luke82

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Mar 11, 2017
Basildon, United Kingdom
I’ve recently managed to swindle some of the guys I game with into a Narrative NCE campaign (now that I have space to host)! So this will be a place for my ramblings and reports.

We have a good number of folks involved (and plenty of room for anymore Essex Necro fans!), so far the gangs that have played are;

The Pumptown Pitbulls - my Goliaths
The Dark Brotherhood - sneaky delaques
The S.H.I.T.S - would be Orlocks, a recently armed branch of sewage plant workers who bring new meaning to the term ‘militant’

The campaign is set around an Underhive settlement called Big Great, and there will be a bimonthly (ish) big group game to drive a main story along, aside from that folks can play as and when they wish.

I’m putting out a newsletter every so often to keep folks abreast of the games taking place.

Edit; added the first two newsletters!

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: MedMos and Draconic

Luke82

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Mar 11, 2017
Basildon, United Kingdom
Games taken place so far;

1 - The SHITS took on the Dark Brotherhood in a gang fight. Some back and forth gun fire eventually led to the SHITS bottling. Our Delaque player is new to Necromunda and has really been surprised by the ‘out of ammo’ rules!

2 - the SHITS went up against the Pitbulls in a a scavengers game. My heavy with heavy bolter was an absolute monster and took out three Sewer Workers on his own, eventually leading to a bottle from the SHITS (albeit with most of the loot!).

3 - the Pitbulls got hit and run by the Dark Brotherhood. The secret mission turned out to be to take out my heavy bolter guy in close combat, which they succeeded... he got horrible scars! Casualties were heavy on both sides, with multiple captured leading to some trade but the Pitbulls still in possession of the Delaque leader Silver. My leader also picked up a BS increase leading to his new moniker “Dead Eye” Dutch.

4 - Rescue Mission - the Brotherhood attempted to reclaim their leader, and would have succeeded had their heavy’s plasma cannon not exploded in his hands. My reinforcements eventually drove the Delaques away.

5 - the Dark Brotherhood ambush the Pitbulls who are celebrating selling the leader into bondage. The Delaque plasma cannon explodes again! This is the only reason I have a gang left as the ambush took a heavy toll on my guys. Two more guys picked up horrible scars, and one earned a killer rep. My gang is quickly becoming fearsome indeed!
B9B26A1A-E5EA-4E2F-8CD6-7239120766DF.jpeg0F186380-D027-4D93-929C-BB6B4C42EA3B.jpeg

Reactions: MedMos

Luke82

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Mar 11, 2017
Basildon, United Kingdom
Game 6 - Pumptown Pitbulls clash with the Lords of Iron of House Orlock while scavenging.

The Pitbulls were way ahead in terms of rating going into this, but it didn’t really pay off. Both gangs engaged early but some abysmal shooting (and balance on gantry edges!) from the Goliaths, opposed to pinpoint accuracy and wounding from the Orlocks soon put most of the Pitbulls either down or out. “Deadeye” Dutch Lopez called the retreat before he lost anymore, taking a single measly loot crate with him. As a new gang the Lords of Iron got a huge boost from beating the Pitbulls, and are already a fearsome bunch of scrappers! Capturing a Goliath heavy netted them an autorepairer and some other goodies as ransom, and most of the gang earned some serious boosts and skills from the encounter. The Pitbulls didn’t fare nearly as well and the last original Juve of the gang lost his second hand and had to retire. Fortunately another young buck from a a settlement stepped up and picked up the stubgun. The Orlocks also stole a slag heap from the Pitbulls, leaving some serious scores to settle!

Attachments

Luke82

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Mar 11, 2017
Basildon, United Kingdom
Game 7 - Redemptionist crusade vs Lords of Iron - Gang Fight

The Iron Orlocks are gaining a reputation as a gang of snipers as again they seem unable to miss. The redemptionists try their best to push up the board into flamer range but are being picked off until they are pushed into bottle test territory. They last a few turns before turning away without inflicting a single casualty on the Orlocks. The Iron Lords do ok in the post game but the redemptionists hit the jack pot with a hidden weapon cache.

Game 8 - Pumptown Pitbulls attack the SHITs - the hoard

A few of the SHITs are guarding a hoard of goodies when the Goliaths charge out of the shadows. A few overwatch shots hit home, and a juve runs, and before you know it the Pitbulls are bottling in the second turn as the SHITs laugh heartily.

Game 9 - Shootout - Pitbulls vs SHITs

The Pitbulls break first, then completely fluff their initiative rolls and are soon on the floor either downed or pinned as the quick draw SHITs hit home with accurate fire. The Goliaths bottle again, and are fortunate in the end game to not suffer too badly in injuries.

Attachments

Reactions: Draconic and MedMos

Luke82

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Mar 11, 2017
Basildon, United Kingdom
Games 10 & 11 - Dark Brotherhood vs The Pitbulls

I actually got to pick the scenario so played package run, and pretty quickly bullied a victory out of the less developed gang. However in the next game the Delaque player picked a blind fight and got hoard, so we decided it would be the Brotherhood returning mob handed to get their package back. It was a back and forth battle with no clear advantage to either player but as soon as I had to make a bottle roll I failed immediately as always! So the sneaky buggers got their package back. I had to pay a massive ransom for one of my main gangers as we didn’t have time for a rescue mission and I was getting no mercy after previously selling his leader! So most of my goodies had to go, and a new juve from my settlement.

Games 12 & 13 - SHITs vs Lords of Iron

The two Orlock gangs clashed over salvage of a run amok sanitation droid, with much carnage ensuing. Thrills and spills took place with the theme being very much “fall off a ladder and turn a S 3 stub hub hit into a S 6 fall onto concrete.” One of the SHITs was killed by the Bog Bot as well!

Games 14 & 15 - Pitbulls vs Enforcers

I took on an enforcer patrol team, getting hammered in a gang fight and losing a territory... they are bloody tough! Then we played a raid with the fuzz successfully sneaking into my base and smashing the target. The bloody cyber mastiff was an unholy terror, and of course drew all the fire and charges as it was leaping about savaging my juves. I lost a pretty decent ganger, and almost lost my leader Dutch after he was heavy stubbered off of a three story gantry... luckily a medic skill picked up in the last game saved his bacon.

Attachments

Reactions: Draconic and MedMos

Luke82

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Mar 11, 2017
Basildon, United Kingdom
Game 16 and 17 - Dark Brotherhood vs Enforcers

The lawmen ambushed the Dark Brotherhood, and with no counter ambushers it was not looking favourable for the Delaques. However things soon went south for the Enforcers when an overpowered plasma pistol blasted the Enforcer Sergeant off of a gantry, and this precipitated a rout with the Enforcers withdrawing after suffering heavy casualties. The Brotherhood picked up a friendly doc out of the fracas as well.

But the Brotherhood would make a mistake by capturing an officer of the law... the rescue attempt was a bloody affair for the Delaques as the firepower brought to bear on them by the fuzz was overwhelming. The cops got their agent back, and the Delaques took a bit of a bruising.
.975F2366-A036-484D-8357-5C0EAAB2AAB8.jpeg

Attachments

Luke82

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Mar 11, 2017
Basildon, United Kingdom
Game 18 - Enforcers vs Cult of the Firehawk redemptionists, unknown Van Saar, and the Dark Brotherhood

Three gangs teamed up to take on the renegade law men, and it was costly for both sides. The entire redemptionist gang was wiped off the board before the Delaques and Van Saar managed to put pay to the Enforcers. The end game was pretty cruel to the Enforcers, who are losing men quickly, even if it doesn’t show in the games!

Games 19 & 20 - Enforcers take on the Lords of Iron of House Orlock

The Lords of Iron prove their mettle against the law men in two games, and despite losing a valuable water still inflict some telling blows to the Enforcers, who keep dieing... it seems that any shots that actually get through that armour are fatal!

Games 21 & 22 - Dark Brotherhood vs the SHITS

The Delaque raid the workplace of the sewer workers, smashing it up and capturing one of the enemy. They go to war again and suffer immense casualties on both sides, with the SHITS in particular losing a territory and 300 off of their gang rating... it’s hard to say if there was a winner in these games, just pure Necromunda ‘everyone’s a loser’ goodness!

We’re all set for our first group narrative game next week, a Purge.

Attachments