[BERLIN] Campaign Coordination 2019

dabbk

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Nov 26, 2016
Berlin, Germany
Welcome fellow travellers and hive scummers, this is the coordination topic for our upcoming third Berlin Campaign, starting in January 2019. This time we decided there would be no Arbitrator for the whole campaign, and that we would directly discuss ongoing topics on this thread. There needed to be someone posting this, so I'm doing it. I will happily add any update and edit to the first post, as everyone sees fit.

New player are always welcome and can join during a running campaign!

General info:
- This thread is to discuss current campaign status, participants and their gang(s), latest games and potential real-life meetings.

- There is a Whatsap group for active or interested players, to chat about the game, and coordinate games. Ask @Fritz in PM to get added to the group.

- We meet regularly for standard games, mostly at the Funtainment Berlin or in private at our homes. We often play Fridays evening, starting at around 6pm.
Funtainment Berlin: Revaler Straße 1, 10243 Berlin-Friedrichshain, Station: Warschauer Straße. Fridays open until 12 pm for all the working guys. Gaming Tables can be reserved for a small fee, terrain can be borrowed. Special terrain can be borrowed for an additional small fee.

- [Proposal]We will try to meet every now and then (every month or other month, depending on availability, etc) for a full day of gaming, most likely on a theme/storyline set of scenarios.

- We use a shared document (this spreadsheet ) to keep track of gang's value, territories possessions, etc... (thx @Nucit !)

Story
The door to "Nameless", the most famous and infamous bar in Sewer City, crashed open and a Hiver rushed into the taproom, coughing and puffing. Immediately all eyes of those present jerked towards the newcomer. "Dome ... a ... new dome," the hiver gasped.

Hagen, the innkeeper, responded with an air of immediacy and pulled the Hiver to a vacant chair, pushed him into the seat, and presented the ragged figure with a wild snake, which she immediately threw down in a train. The distillate immediately unfolded its effect and the hiver instantly calmed down a bit. Hagen sat down opposite him and started talking quietly to the Hiver. Visitors crowded around the two, trying to eavesdrop on the conversation as much as possible. A new dome always meant potential wealth for those who were quick enough to stake their claims early.
The last Hive quake had evidently exposed several entrances to a long-forgotten dome with unknown size near Sewer City. Through one of these approaches, the Hiver had explored the outskirts, but did not dare to penetrate alone into the darkness. The first guests began to disappear as inconspicuously as possible to inform friends, relatives or their own gang (often the same people) and to start an expedition.

Such an expedition must be organized quickly in order to secure a good starting point before the guild or sluggish machinery of the Hive Administration gets to know of this event in Sewer City. In the following days, numerous rumors spread like wildfire among the inhabitants of Sewer City. What riches and dangers in the dark might be waiting for brave adventurers? Weapons are cleaned, ammunition collected, supplies, tools and other equipment packed. The Great Houses send vanguard gangs to explore the dome or domes and ordered them to stake the first turfs. Gold fever had packed everyone.

Welcome to our 2019-campaign!
(thanks @Fritz for a mood setting fluff intro!)

Official Rules
We play according to N18 and latest FAQs + the actual YAQ

In case of a difference between translated rules and original rules in english, the english version counts as correct.

Transparency: Please keep your gang up to date with the Yak Tool.

Each and every campaign participant is tasked with updating the shared document: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ByNvMdts-LjJvXKBNXArh992pXnNbccXwBpiBvA6bNU/edit?usp=sharing

House Rules
/!\ these are carry over from previous campaign: to be confirmed/discussed below /!\

Overseer: Requires a sucessful Leadership test to activate the chosen modell.

Skill Table for Ganger: Switch the results: 3-4 = WIL or INT (+5 Cred) , 8-9 = CS or BS (+10 Cred)

Tactic Cards: Both players agree before the match, whether they want to use tactic cards or not.

Weapons and Wargear can be switched between gangers, except for bionics or special equipment with permanent character (class restrictions still apply! Gangboss - Ganger - Champion Juve). Please use common sense!

Participants
To be confirmed... also remember that new joiners are always welcome!

- Ipcress, with the Idrakas & Agantyr Exploration Crew GmbH (Venators)
- EdiNulz with The Welders (Goliath)
- Schwachmat3000, with The Chemical Sisters (Escher)
- Deadend, with The Flayed Men Hunting Society (Venators)
- Dabbk, with GS Corp (Genestealer Cultists)
- Nucit, with The Smashing Rat Heads (Escher)
- Fritz, with The Keepers of Knowledge (Cawdors)
- istvan666, with TBC (Van Saar)
- NiklasL, with Eschers in need of a name
- You?

Last edited:
Reactions: CaptainDangerous

dabbk

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Nov 26, 2016
Berlin, Germany
Alright guys! I wanted to post a write up of my notes for tonight, and I thought it is probably smarter to do it directly in the new thread.
We agreed to create a new thread "Berlin: 2019 campaign", so here it is! I will keep the first post updated, following the discussions in this thread. Please let me know what you'd like to see up there, and suggest edits!

Anyway, here is a list of what I wrote down tonight. Nothing here is a made decisions, only notes, that we need to discuss and decide on now.

* Do we even want to start a new campaign? The previous one was not "finished" if we look at the map. => yes, because of the new rules release, new costs, and also to restart from a clean state for everyone involved. Therefore it's probably best to start a new thread, which I have done right here.

* Do we do a classic Dominion? A Turfwar? What type of games do we want? Probably a Dominion, but we need to tame and adjust it, probably.

* Proposal: organize from time to time a full day of gaming (eg a Saturday) with a well defined scenario over the day: one or several arbitrator for the day prepare the scenarios, the fluff, the story, we gather 1 or more tables for a full day, and play 3 or more games, sort of related, within a story line. Could be a zombie outbreak, or a new dome, or... whatever the organizer wants. These can be heavily arbitrated games, with maybe someone playing NPCs, additional rules, added mercenaries, etc... the idea is to go story heavy and play exotic scenarios for a day of immersion
This goes on top/in parallel to the usual friday evening at FUNTainment games.

* For these scenarios, or for the campaign, we could do two bigger factions, eg the heretics vs the followers of a cult, the loyalists vs rebels, the blue vs the reds, whatever.

* to keep track of battles, points of gangs, territories, ... no arbitrator, because it is a lot of work to copy paste and follow, but instead we create a shared spreadsheet (gdoc?) with a complete list of what's going on. Everyone updates their own data after their games, no hassle for one person to keep it up to date.

* review of the underdog bonus. We were talking about dominion vs turf vs something else, and the fact that the underdog bonus (more tactic cards... that we dont use) makes no sense. Proposal: try to adapt the old version, eg for every 50pts of difference, the underdog gets +0/+1 xp (if lost/won) and some more credits. The goal is that it brings a real advantage in the long run to the gangs that are lagging behind, and it also tempers players who have tons of cash to get crazy with buying equipment.
This seems not so easy to balance with the N18 rules, as experience in ORB was much easier to come by, so maybe we should do for every 200pts of difference? That would mean: if the underdog wins, each participating fighter gets +1xp if the difference is 0 to 199, +2 xp if 200 to 399, +3 xp if 400 to 599, etc and if the underdog looses, each fighter gets +0xp if the difference is 0 to 199, +1xp if 200 to 399, +2xp 400 to 599 etc.
In the ORB there was also a cash bonus for fighting stronger gangs: +5creds for 50pts difference, 10cr for 100, 15cr for 150, ... till 50cr for 250 to 500, and similar. I'm not sure how we could do something similar, but it probably makes sense somehow if we want to avoid some gangs to lag behind or some to take a big advance.

* Another big balancing element would be to consider points, and not number of fighters, or % of your gang's value. See @Nucit for how we could implement something like this.

* How can we ensure that the territories bonuses are not too strong? Or that a gang that has not many territories doesnt get left behind in creds and bonuses?

* To make games less boring, we need to have better scenarios, and clearer winning conditions, etc. As the bottling conditions, and winner takes it all or the opposite make for frustrating situations.
One proposal is to use the shared spreadsheet document (in other tabs) for new scenarios or scenarios adaptations.
One proposal is to look into scenarios from the game Vanguard (Mantic), or also from killteam: they might be more interesting also for casual friday evening games (@dabbk will make proposals around this, anyone is more than welcome to also work on proposing better, more fluffy scenarios)

* At some point we were discussing how there are not so many gaming clubs in Berlin, and not so many places to play eg on a week night, or stay till 3am if we want to on a saturday. The question of if someone knows someone who knows someone who owns a bar/restaurant/shop/whatever with a basement we could take over, or even a place where we could get a room to put 1 or 2 (or more) tables, have some storage...
Nothing critical in the short term, but we should keep our ears open. Several people said that they would agree to pay a small monthly fee to have access to such a gaming location.

Reactions: EdiNulz and Nucit

dabbk

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Nov 26, 2016
Berlin, Germany
Now for those of you here tonight, here's what I was talking about:
* Vanguard, the skirmish game in the fantasy universe of Mantic.
See: http://www.manticgames.com/games/kings-of-war-vanguard.html
Free rules available here: http://www.manticgames.com/free-rules.html
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ib93ht5mbo1pzr/Vanguard Free Rules Download.pdf?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/drxs8vnxvrsm9lx/Vanguard abridged Warbands-dec31.pdf?dl=0

In my opinion a really nice ruleset:
- super tight and balanced from the 10 or so games I have played
- many interesting options, as all usual fantasy factions are represented (orcs, gobs, dwarfs, elfs, various humans, various undeads, ... chaos dwarfs, chaos warriors, .... see the website and rules!)
- 10 or so models and 1h30 for a standard game. Can also work with bigger forces or several players, from what I've seen.
- uses D8s, which is great for flexibility in what type of fighters you can make!
- an alternate activation system (eg IgoUgo) with interesting tactical twists possible
- Is much more oriented toward melee fights, and combined action of fighters.
- 'power dice' system, similar to command points, of which you get a random number per round, and add a great tactical dimension without making it overkill or over complicated.
- cool scenarios (some of which we can probably adapt to Necromunda!).

There are several active players in Berlin (and a whatsap group!), I have two fully painted warbands and will happily do demo games. So if anyone wants to give it a try: let me know :)

The other thing I was talking about: the upcoming fantasy warband game by Rick Priesley, call Warlords of Erehwon.

See: https://www.warlordgames.com/frontline-report-what-is-erehwon/ and https://www.warlordgames.com/warlords-of-erehwon/
Also stuff in the webshop: https://store.warlordgames.com/pages/search-results?q=warlords of erehwon and on facebook https://www.facebook.com/WarlordsofErehwon and https://www.warlordsoferehwon.com

It is inspired by Bolt Action and Gates of Antares, in a fantasy setting. Uses the activation dice mechanism, has rules for all the usual fantasy factions, uses D10 for more flexibility in rule creation, is rather melee oriented, has a similar amount of minis as Bolt Action, eg a few squads of infantry, a few monsters and/or heros, for a total of anything under 50 minis on the table (this is my own rough estimate). So not a mass scale battle system, but rather a big skirmish...

I pre ordered the rulebook, and if anyone is interested let's talk about it later !

Reactions: EdiNulz

Deadend

Juve
Jun 18, 2018
Berlin, Germany
So i'm building a venator gang at the moment for the new campaign. I would love to play dominion again and maybe be a bit stricter with how long a round takes and the number of times each player can play each other in a round. I'll repost my other suggestion here as well to add narrative to battles.

"Hey so I won't make the meetup tomorrow but I had an idea to help fit in some more narrative organically into the campaign. I found sometimes that it was a bit boring playing so many gang fight scenarios and that a lot of the time the terrain we were fighting for had no effect on the actual gameplay as the gangs duked it out.

My solution is when we have drawn up a new list of territories that we link specific scenarios to that scenario. For example if two gangs are fighting for the needleways or tunnels territory the gangs would play a zone mortalis tunnel skirmish to take control of the territory or that if someone was fighting for a settlement they would play downtown dust-up( which in the description even talks about two gangs fighting over control of a settlement and its people).

I think this could add a bit more of a strategic and narrative edge to the games we are playing and it also means that we are pushed to play as many different scenarios as possible and that should mean more balance between gangs as certain scenarios are really biased against certain houses and gang loadouts.

Well hopefully people are into this idea and that other suggestions are forthcoming to make the new campaign even better than the last one!"

Reactions: Fritz

Ipcress

Juve
May 5, 2018
Berlin, Germany
My (both thought and quickly written down) comments are...

1: it was a lot of work to keep track on the last dominion campaign - both for making the map christian said, but also for choosing which territory to fight for when we meet up (and in the end people kinda said “lets just play for what ever is free” or similar)

2: while the map looked (super) cool - when we took the territories all over the map instead of those next to our settlements, it looked a bit funny and less like expanding the gangs territories. If you could only take those next to those tiles you already owned it might make the games more strategic in the larger picture (but might be hard to balance)

3: some of the gangs had really strong special bonuses (e.g. van saar and delaque) which made it a bit unfair in my view. This should be balanced somehow - or maybe just skipped completely. Also it made some territories very sought after and others unimportant.

4: the territory bonus system made the campaign more imbalanced as it progressed. Winning gangs would get more credits - but also more territories, and with that they had more bonuses. This should somehow be redesigned in my view. Options could be something like to get the bonus you should “work the territory” with a champion or leader (like in turf war) or find some way that that you have to pay some kind of upkeep (this could also be that you need to put stationary gangers their to patrol) or other “negative” consequences. Another idea would be that you would not get the territory immediately but would have to first fight for it, and then “fight to keep it” (either through another battle or that you keep it for a campaign cycle or so)

For the two first points, I have tried to make a “map” in google sheets - but of course it does not look as cool as the one Christian made so I am not really sure about it (would make it easy to keep track on) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k__74vOWapO-d0N6C4ASXYGz4U1HGyc7SMkQh1KCbf0/edit?usp=sharing

for point 3 and 4, maybe having less territories on the map might overcome them, and alsoI think with more strict campaign cycles it might make it more competitive (i.e. you will try to take over the territories the other gangs have, which we missed). But this would also make it harder to get games set up (also with the idea of stricter regulation for how often one can play the same). We talked a lot about how we can keep it easy to get a game e.g. Fridays in funtainment (i.e. just drop by) - for everyone - and that is why one idea was to make Fridays very casual and then have more story driven and longer days set up (and prepared, e.g with more focus on arbitrated scenarios etc)

Besides that I agree that we should attempt to add strategic and narrative dimensions to the games / campaign. More diverse scenarios would work wonders I think. But again, it is hard to balance the competitive part (also regarding list building) with a more rpg like focus (if not everyone is in on it).

I also had the idea to try to add some features from d&d or “hero quest” like games (e.g. when playing zone mortalis, closed rooms could have a random encounter token there for e.g. d3x civilians, d6 x ghouls, a big monster is there, room is full of smoke, flooded, or what ever). I ordered some parts to build these models, so lets see (i also have the full starter tile set now, so would be easy so set up). In the 3d terrain "shoot out" scenarios, "the world of necromunda" (or sewer city) did not feel so alive.

Lastly, I thought that we could maybe make some amendments to the close combat rules to make get more of it into the games (e.g. make the close combat less dangerous but more easy to get into somehow)

EdiNulz

Ganger
May 15, 2017
Friedrichshain, Berlin, Deutschland
Hey people of sewer city!

I love the idea of having full gaming (although it is probably impossible for me to find the time :D)

Having Fridays as casual gaming days and here and there an event day would be great!

Also I agree with Sune about having a more strict time frame and less territories.

Maybe a shorter campaign, but more focused could be more enjoyable.

What Karl said about having scenarios being influenced by what territory is played for might be a lot of fun!

And please let's do something about these territories that give you rad phage and blaze a aaaaah ouch :D

Fritz

Ganger
Sep 5, 2016
Berlin
leadtreestudio.wordpress.com
Thanks for summing up our topics, @dabbk . Just some quick thoughts for further discussion:

Review of the underdog bonus. We were talking about dominion vs turf vs something else, and the fact that the underdog bonus (more tactic cards... that we dont use) makes no sense. Proposal: try to adapt the old version, eg for every 50pts of difference, the underdog gets +0/+1 xp (if lost/won) and some more credits. The goal is that it brings a real advantage in the long run to the gangs that are lagging behind, and it also tempers players who have tons of cash to get crazy with buying equipment.
This seems not so easy to balance with the N18 rules, as experience in ORB was much easier to come by, so maybe we should do for every 200pts of difference? That would mean: if the underdog wins, each participating fighter gets +1xp if the difference is 0 to 199, +2 xp if 200 to 399, +3 xp if 400 to 599, etc and if the underdog looses, each fighter gets +0xp if the difference is 0 to 199, +1xp if 200 to 399, +2xp 400 to 599 etc.
In the ORB there was also a cash bonus for fighting stronger gangs: +5creds for 50pts difference, 10cr for 100, 15cr for 150, ... till 50cr for 250 to 500, and similar. I'm not sure how we could do something similar, but it probably makes sense somehow if we want to avoid some gangs to lag behind or some to take a big advance.
As we all agree that the actual Reputation Rules are quite broken or unlogic, I would actualy test an adapted version... which has to be discussed in detail. But I like @dabbk suggestion.

I'm still waiting for the N18 Rulebook and the Compendium to arrive and will have a look, if the Reputation System and the Underdog Bonus has been reworked.

Another big balancing element would be to consider points, and not number of fighters, or % of your gang's value. See @Nucit for how we could implement something like this.
A suggestion was, that the players agree beforehand if they want to field their complete gangs or limit it to a certain point restriction (ala Kill Team?). Issues still needs to be discussed: Should there be a minimum number of miniatures on the field? What if both players can't agree - Dice roll, play by the rules (e.a. all miniatures) etc

To make games less boring, we need to have better scenarios, and clearer winning conditions, etc. As the bottling conditions, and winner takes it all or the opposite make for frustrating situations.

One proposal is to use the shared spreadsheet document (in other tabs) for new scenarios or scenarios adaptations.

One proposal is to look into scenarios from the game Vanguard (Mantic), or also from killteam: they might be more interesting also for casual friday evening games

The rules and winning conditions have to be clarified: For example the Scenario Spook Harvest: The rules state, that for each harvested spook you get credits, e.a. all uncollected Spook is lost as soon as one Player bottles out or forfeits. But we played it, that the winner gets it all, which lead to many credits for the winner. And usually no one risked it to go for the Spook but just tried to force the enemy to bottle out, because he would get the Spook anyway. So I'd suggest to stick with the rules, that only collected Spook or loot or whatever gives the credits.

Another example was the Gang Relic scenario: The weaker player can forfeit when he notes that he can't defend his relic. But if the relic is still undefiled, the winning player also gets a -3 Rep points for not fullfilling the victory conditions. It is a legal move to forfeit rulewise, but for the winning player it's still frustrating. Here should the rules state, that only the losing player gets a Reputation malus or that in this rare situation the honour of the gang has to be defended at all cost, so no voluntarily forfeigning but fighting untill bottling.

Under this aspects we should check all the Necromunda scenarios and self-written or adapted scenarios from other gme systems. Also we should distinguish between Bottling out and Forfeigning.

My solution is when we have drawn up a new list of territories that we link specific scenarios to that scenario. For example if two gangs are fighting for the needleways or tunnels territory the gangs would play a zone mortalis tunnel skirmish to take control of the territory or that if someone was fighting for a settlement they would play downtown dust-up( which in the description even talks about two gangs fighting over control of a settlement and its people).
I think this could add a bit more of a strategic and narrative edge to the games we are playing and it also means that we are pushed to play as many different scenarios as possible and that should mean more balance between gangs as certain scenarios are really biased against certain houses and gang loadouts.
Agreed. That would be really nice. For example Sludge Sea could be under hazardous conditions or the ground level cant be used etc, Toll Gate could be the classic scenario Toll Bridge etc. But here also: lets check the victory conditions and results beforehand.

while the map looked (super) cool - when we took the territories all over the map instead of those next to our settlements, it looked a bit funny and less like expanding the gangs territories. If you could only take those next to those tiles you already owned it might make the games more strategic in the larger picture (but might be hard to balance)
I'd love to do a map based campaign again. While thinking about how to reduce the arbitrating effort, the advantage of expanding into neighboured territories only, would lead automatically into a reduction of games for the players. So there have to be a way that one Player can play against each other Player. Perhaps there is a tile type "Badlands (working title) where all the friday casual games takes place, but cannot be conquered or controlled, because the areas are too big to be controlled or are much frequented. So you dont have to administrate the map, the players can do as many games they like on Badland tiles and 2 Games per Cycle on Map based, neighboured tiles and certain scenarios linked with the tiles? What do you think?

Another suggestion is, that you don't get credits after each game from each of territories, but only once per cycle and champions and leadershave to work the turf. So you can choose the profitable territories you want to work but don't get that much money or bonuses like in the last campaign.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ipcress and dabbk

Ipcress

Juve
May 5, 2018
Berlin, Germany
I'd love to do a map based campaign again. While thinking about how to reduce the arbitrating effort, the advantage of expanding into neighboured territories only, would lead automatically into a reduction of games for the players. So there have to be a way that one Player can play against each other Player. Perhaps there is a tile type "Badlands (working title) where all the friday casual games takes place, but cannot be conquered or controlled, because the areas are too big to be controlled or are much frequented. So you dont have to administrate the map, the players can do as many games they like on Badland tiles and 2 Games per Cycle on Map based, neighboured tiles and certain scenarios linked with the tiles? What do you think?

Another suggestion is, that you don't get credits after each game from each of territories, but only once per cycle and champions and leadershave to work the turf. So you can choose the profitable territories you want to work but don't get that much money or bonuses like in the last campaign.
I think something along these suggestions would work well (but should maybe allow for some map take over also on Fridays for those who cannot attend the "long game days")

Ipcress

Juve
May 5, 2018
Berlin, Germany
One (easy) suggestion for the "overpowered" gang bonuses for the map tiles could be to remove the "gang specific" extra bonus - so everybody can just get the basic one (we also don't have all gangs represented in the campaign? and also if there is two of one gang that would mean that they would have more competition for those)

-but maybe that will take away too much of the story/rpg/coolness dimension of the map (there are some really cool gang bonuses to be honest) - so maybe some balancing is better? (just taking away the van saar ones seems to just make the other gangs stronger but doesn't balance it?) but then we will have to go through the whole list and make amendments (which is also doable!)

Reactions: Deadend

Deadend

Juve
Jun 18, 2018
Berlin, Germany
I like Ipcress's suggestion to take away the gang specific bonus's and think that might work. I'm hesitant to try the only expanding into territories beside your own as it will be tough to design a map where we can all actually play each other. The suggestion of limiting income from territories to once a cycle might work if a cycle is once every one or two weeks but other wise the territories that offer other bonus's become quite op and if gangs have so few credits some unlucky deaths in a gang will mean they will fall way way behind.

I would like to keep things as close as possible to the latest edition of the rules and only tweak a couple of things here and there when we need too. Otherwise we're quickly sliding away from playing Necromunda and slipping heavily into homebrew which might be fun but i would like to actually give the latest edition as much of a chance as possible.

With the special Saturday arbitrated games i imagine them as being something fun and as an extra to the campaign and not as the main event. So i would like to focus the normal weekly games on the standard dominion campaign and have the special games as slightly removed but still offering some bonus's to people but not being the meat of the campaign.

Ok i hope that was coherent as i'm typing off of my phone at work!

Fritz

Ganger
Sep 5, 2016
Berlin
Let me summarize a bit (I'm at work as well):
  • Deadline for discussion and suggestions: January 15
  • Start off: January 18
  • Length of Cycle: 2 Weeks
  • Participants (so far): Deadend (Hive Noble Venators), Ipcress (Venators), Schwachmat3000 (Escher), Nucit (Escher), Dabbk (TBA), Stefan with F (Van Saar), Fritz (Orlock or Cawdor), EdiNulz (Goliath)

We need:
  • 3 Persons for rules commitee/ Arbitrators / martial-court. Any Volunteers?
  • A new map (I am going to create one)
  • Google Drive Document for documentation (@Ipcress or @dabbk
  • A story which forms a rough framework (war between noble houses and the gangs have to pledge their loyality to one; alternatively heretic surgency / red vs blue etc)

Reactions: EdiNulz and Ipcress

dabbk

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Nov 26, 2016
Berlin, Germany
I'm going with my GSC gang, eg the one that I havent played in the previous campaign :p

18th sounds like a good time for a start.

As for the gdrive, I thought @Nucit mentioned something? Otherwise I should be able to create and share one. My suggestion would be: one tab with a list of all territories, one tab with a list of all battles, and then tabs for new scenarios and other shared documents, if needs be.

Ipcress

Juve
May 5, 2018
Berlin, Germany
Just while I remember it:

I came across two cool "inq28´ish" games/campaigns that might (someday) provide some inspiration for us:

"Mare Solum"
Its like the movie waterworld+inq28 (or so) - the boats and the whale looks super
https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/maresolum/?hl=de

"Tor Megiddo"
Like a Wild West meets inq28 meets something weird
https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/tormegiddo/
http://convertorum.blogspot.com/2017/10/tor-megiddo.html
https://echoesofimperium.blog/2017/10/12/codex-tor-megiddo/

(is just some quick links, we can prob find more if we want)

Reactions: EdiNulz and Fritz

Ipcress

Juve
May 5, 2018
Berlin, Germany
unlucky deaths
I was thinking something similar - i.e. if we only collect the territory income for the cycle, you could end up having a hard time paying for gangers who has to be sent to the doctor. One solution could be that they can "survive" until a new cycle starts, as in you can go to the doctor with them when you get the new income (or let them die of course) - or something along this lines (if it makes sense..)

Deadend

Juve
Jun 18, 2018
Berlin, Germany
So a lot of people don't have access to the new rulebooks and the changes made in the dominion campaign. I like what I see to be honest but I will let you guys judge your selves.

On the issue of the underdog bonus, they have implemented this to help out struggling or fresh gangs entering late into a campaign and it seems pretty fair and balanced for me for any gangs who have been unlucky. Basically, before every battle you can roll on the house favours table and you get a plus one for every gang in the campaign that has a higher rating than you

2. get rid of a Juve/ganger
3-5. no effect
6-8 2d6x10 creds
9-10 f ree Juve
11-12 d3 plus 1 fighters get d6 exp each
13. plus new ganger with 100 creds equip and 2d6 experience

So here are the basic scenarios and the amount of credits earned per game so everyone is on the same page .

Zone Mortalis
Scenario 1. Tunnel skirmish W2d6x10 L d3x5 D d6x10
Scenario 2 .The trapW d6x10 Ld3x5 D d3x10
Scenario 3 .F forgotten riches d6x10 for each casket captured
Scenario 4 .The marauders W d6x10 Ld3x5 D d3x10
Scenario 5.S sneak attack W Relic not defiled d6x10L Relic defiled d3x10
Scenario 6 .Smash and grab Attacker d6x10 for every crate that contains ammo Defender 2d6x10 for every crate that contains ammo unopened

Sector mechanicus
Scenario 1 .Stand off W d6x10 L d3x5 Dd6x5
Scenario 2 .Looters W +d3x10 for every casket removed L -dsx10 for every casket removed
Scenario 3 .Ambush W 0 L 0
Scenario 4 .Border dispute W Relic not defiled d6x10L Relic defiled d3x10
Scenario 5 .Sabotage W d6x10 L0
Scenario 6 .Rescue mission W 0 L 0

W Winner
L Loser
D Draw

I feel like the amount of credits earned are generally based around also drawing income from the dominion campaign and i'm scared that without the regular territory income that it will become a war of attrition and difficult to recover from losses. That could also be fun and we could also have that in the narrative as some type of economic crisis but i'm a bit wary of the effect on gameplay.

Finally, there is a campaign variant listed called into the unknown and it works the same as the dominion campaign but the various territories are not revealed at the beginning and only revealed when they are fought over.

This could lead to a really interesting setup as we will be blindly exploring at the beginning and will be unable to cherry pick the best territories untill after the first phase is over and all territories are owned and then we start fighting and trying to capture what best suits us!

This could be a good way to prevent territory abuse while leaving in the op territories and it will feel like draw an ace when we find one.

Well, I hope this long post is useful or interesting to someone.

Oh, and i said on whatapp i'm happy to be part of the arbitrator committee if possible.

Ipcress

Juve
May 5, 2018
Berlin, Germany
both useful or interesting - thanks for the write up!

(and that into the unknown sounds interesting - and a bit like what @Fritz talked about with "exploring an unknown dome" or so?)

And I dont think anyone are against getting income "also" from the dominion campaign - the question is how much (or more like how often you get to roll e.g. from the settlement.

I still have the idea that something like every cycle (so every two weeks) - or maybe just once per game night would be good (depending on how this is organised in the new book ofc) - but as I wrote - I see the issue with the missing income e.g. for the going to the doctor action.

(linking settlement etc income to "real time" and not "game time" would also support the framework that people who only plays something like once a month would still then be able to roll income from settlements - just an idea )

Last edited:
Reactions: EdiNulz

Fritz

Ganger
Sep 5, 2016
Berlin
On the issue of the underdog bonus, they have implemented this to help out struggling or fresh gangs entering late into a campaign and it seems pretty fair and balanced for me for any gangs who have been unlucky. Basically, before every battle you can roll on the house favours table and you get a plus one for every gang in the campaign that has a higher rating than you.
GErman Rule state, that you can get house favours just for the first match of each cycle.

Finally, there is a campaign variant listed called into the unknown and it works the same as the dominion campaign but the various territories are not revealed at the beginning and only revealed when they are fought over.

This could lead to a really interesting setup as we will be blindly exploring at the beginning and will be unable to cherry pick the best territories untill after the first phase is over and all territories are owned and then we start fighting and trying to capture what best suits us!

This could be a good way to prevent territory abuse while leaving in the op territories and it will feel like draw an ace when we find one.
Definetly. And it makes it easier to create a map, because I can add the territories later :) .

Oh, and i said on whatapp i'm happy to be part of the arbitrator committee if possible.
Defintely, thx for your efforts!

And I dont think anyone are against getting income "also" from the dominion campaign - the question is how much (or more like how often you get to roll e.g. from the settlement.
I still have the idea that something like every cycle (so every two weeks) - or maybe just once per game night would be good (depending on how this is organised in the new book ofc) - but as I wrote - I see the issue with the missing income e.g. for the going to the doctor action.
(linking settlement etc income to "real time" and not "game time" would also support the framework that people who only plays something like once a month would still then be able to roll income from settlements - just an idea )
At the moment I'm undecided if we should stick to the N18 rules (so further discussions and adapting rules which lead to more written down house rules to be followed)

Last edited: