Biggle Bear and captain Dangerous' RPG antics

Biggle_Bear

Gang Champion
Nov 1, 2017
Thanks again @CaptainDangerous for agreeing to playtest my game. So the Yaktribe RPG is a play by post RPG that encourages light hearted crazy encounters across the multiverse. Players take charge of a Yakling, a servant of the Great Yak who is bestowed immortality for their services.

The game encourages player directed narratives but struggles with drama or questions of morality. As you go through the game don't be afraid to build up complications, or to pursue weird goals. And don't be afraid of pressing buttons, even if it says reset.

Find a quick reference to the rules so far here. https://yaktribe.games/community/threads/play-testing-for-yaktribe-rpg.8345/

Last edited:
Reactions: CaptainDangerous

Biggle_Bear

Gang Champion
Nov 1, 2017
So I will be GM and a player this time. And my character is Biggle Bear himself.

His stats are-
Influence 2
Prowess 2
Knowledge 2

Skills-
None yet

HP 3
Injuries and afflictions -
None yet

Despite being an actual walking talking teddy bear outside the Limitless Temple people are incapable of telling there is something wrong. They might describe all the features exactly but the power of the Great Yak prevents them from realising it. (In like manner of Ghost in a shell-stand alone complex). I'm hoping to level up my stats so I will be looking to take failing dice quite often.

CaptainDangerous

Chaotic-good 2nd Company Captain
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
Bindy Baddy Bear AKA Triple B

Stats:
Influence - 2
Prowess - 2
Knowledge - 2

Skills:

HP: 3
Injuries:

Not realising he is anything other than the epitome of cool, Bindy struts his stuffing everywhere he goes!
People may point and laugh and say words that bindy doesn’t quite understand, but they are obviously in awe of such a feast for the eyes! If Bindy was ugly like them, he’d probibly do the same thing!
Following biggle around was his thing at the moment, but one day when he has gathered enough creds, he will travel to terra and launch his own clothing line and bring out his own perfume!
He doesn’t really care for smoking, especially with him being so flamible, but to stay ten percent more cool than everyone else takes real dedication and attention to detail!
EB7869FC-2916-4E29-8B8E-81DA9E4DD50C.jpeg

Last edited:

Biggle_Bear

Gang Champion
Nov 1, 2017
All the stats start at 2, no skills (unless you choose ones from Weirdo/Survivor/Successful Build skills), 3 HP and no injuries.

I will post the first scene tomorrow.

Biggle_Bear

Gang Champion
Nov 1, 2017
As GM: Set-up
Rocky desert sweeps by below, and slows as it reaches a town of mud and wood buildings. Cowboys wander about their business. We pan out to see more as we keep keep moving. A monumentally large light bulb stands in the middle of town. We go past it and rapidly start to focus in. We see two figures walking and as we get closer we see that they are the two heroes of the game. Getting closer until their voices can be heard.

"I can't believe this!" exclaims Biggle. "We're finally going to meet...him! I'm so excited."

They are headed to a large building near the centre of town. The mayors home.

new setting 5pts (the small town)
Bystanders 3 pts
Determined 2pts (a single bystander - the mayor)

The aim of the PCs is to find information about how to find ... Vash the stampede.

You rolled 10 dice:

dice5.png
dice3.png
dice5.png
dice4.png
dice6.png
dice3.png
dice6.png
dice4.png
dice5.png
dice1.png

CaptainDangerous

Chaotic-good 2nd Company Captain
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
Triple B struts alongside his ted companion, unphased by the titanic lightbulb, he thinks looking in the hat and neckerchief store would be a good place to start.

Reactions: Biggle_Bear

Biggle_Bear

Gang Champion
Nov 1, 2017
So the mode of play is that we have to take dice in order. With stats of 2 we need 5+ to "hit" but the "to wound" dice just indicates the level of success. There are only Bystanders bought for the scene so if we present a failed roll then they either waste our time or call for enforcers. But because of how the dice landed we could potentially succeed every roll.

Biggle_Bear

Gang Champion
Nov 1, 2017
Biggle pushes the hat shop door open and jumps across the threshold. He is excited about everything to do with this trip. "If vash wore a hat, which do you think it would be, triple B?!" Asks biggle. The store owner chuckles. "Well I didn't think that outlaw settin' up camp so close to town would draw excitable tourist! Or are you tryin' to tell me you little fellas are bounty hunters?"

so I take the first dice (5) to pass an influence test and the following 3 on my Weirdo approach. The result of which is "They attempt to follow your commands but only if it’s fun and entertaining." So they will give info so long as the situation is fun.