N18 Bikes and Unwieldy

In my case, I have a situation where I'm building a new gang, and I wanted to give my leader a heavy weapon. Never tried that before; it' an option, and I can make it look cool. Now that bikes are a thing, I wanted to also give my leader a bike, because he shouldn't be riding around in the back of a truck with the unwashed masses. By RAW, I have to shelve the heavy weapon when he mounts up, which means setting aside my gang's main heavy firepower when they're on the road, since I can't reassign weapons to say another vehicle. And since I can't have my leader driving a vehicle, I cant go that route.

Potentially, I could build a light vehicle, with a transport area for my leader, but I can't mount the gun to the hardpoint, because that would have to be a different weapon, because his can't be assigned. I suppose he could be in the transport area and fire his own heavy weapon. That said, I didn't want his ride to be a two-man thing.

So that's why I was asking the initial question. Trying to get some ideas on a community consensus on how these rules can interact, and possibly allow some wiggle room.
How about your leader goes outlaw and attach that heavy weapon to the bike as the proper boss he is? Break the rules!

Yeah I've got a Goliath Rockgrinder with a 'Passenger Operated' mining laser, 3 or 4 different squats took turns getting shot off the transport bed trying to fire it last game so I figure a new Champ with 'Nobody Pushes Kyn Around' and minimal weapons is my next recruit.
The transport bed says that you don't have to test for falling od the vehicle, that's the whole point of having it. Otherwise you can place a model anywhere on a vehicle, but you have to test if you fall when hit, So bere nobody pushes kin around comes handy.

I think the rules as I understood them are that you have to test to fall off whenever the vehicle moves if not in the transport bed, when boarding enemy vehicles for example. As vehicles are treated like terrain I'm pretty sure you have to test to fall whenever you get shot and pinned within an inch of the edge of the terrain feature (vehicle). There might be some kind of bonus +1 to the test if a railing is nearby?

In my case, I have a situation where I'm building a new gang, and I wanted to give my leader a heavy weapon. Never tried that before; it' an option, and I can make it look cool. Now that bikes are a thing, I wanted to also give my leader a bike, because he shouldn't be riding around in the back of a truck with the unwashed masses. By RAW, I have to shelve the heavy weapon when he mounts up, which means setting aside my gang's main heavy firepower when they're on the road, since I can't reassign weapons to say another vehicle. And since I can't have my leader driving a vehicle, I cant go that route.

Potentially, I could build a light vehicle, with a transport area for my leader, but I can't mount the gun to the hardpoint, because that would have to be a different weapon, because his can't be assigned. I suppose he could be in the transport area and fire his own heavy weapon. That said, I didn't want his ride to be a two-man thing.

So that's why I was asking the initial question. Trying to get some ideas on a community consensus on how these rules can interact, and possibly allow some wiggle room.
I'm not 100% sure but I believe if your Arbitrator allows it you can move weapons on and off a fighter card, rules for vehicles say you can 'replace' wargear for a similar item iirc so perhaps it's OK to try out swapping guns between vehicles, and it's OK to use basic weapons on a vehicle hardpoint. Saw an early article on goonhammer where someone mentioned a loophole where you can buy a mining laser to mount on a rockgrinder truck then swap it with an autogun and give the laser to a champ or ganger. This is very open to abuse tho with gangs like Delaque who basically get zero heavy weapon options at creation.

I'm not 100% sure but I believe if your Arbitrator allows it you can move weapons on and off a fighter card, rules for vehicles say you can 'replace' wargear for a similar item iirc so perhaps it's OK to try out swapping guns between vehicles, and it's OK to use basic weapons on a vehicle hardpoint. Saw an early article on goonhammer where someone mentioned a loophole where you can buy a mining laser to mount on a rockgrinder truck then swap it with an autogun and give the laser to a champ or ganger. This is very open to abuse tho with gangs like Delaque who basically get zero heavy weapon options at creation.
In a case like that, I'd say (were I the Arbitrator) that you have to play your first game with everything as bought. THEN, and ONLY then, can you do that type of swap shenanigans.

Can you give an example for a thing that removes the Unwieldy trait? I'm only aware of Suspensors reducing the Shooting action from Double to Basic, but leaving the Unwieldy trait on the weapon.

SUSPENSORS (WEAPONS WITH THE
UNWIELDY TRAIT ONLY).

An Unwieldy ranged weapon fitted with suspensors is far more manoeuvrable.

Firing it becomes a Basic action rather than a Double action.

An Unwieldy close combat weapon fitted with suspensors can be used single-handedly, allowing the fighter to use a second close combat weapon.

So poor choice of words from my part. It doesn't remove the trait. Sorry I didn't have the book with me.

The extract is from the book of the outland but it's the same in the 2023 rules book.

So the question is since it allows you to use an unwieldy weapon in one and does it affect attack made while riding a bike or mount.

Hope my choice of words was better this time.

So poor choice of words from my part. It doesn't remove the trait. Sorry I didn't have the book with me.

The extract is from the book of the outland but it's the same in the 2023 rules book.

So the question is since it allows you to use an unwieldy weapon in one and does it affect attack made while riding a bike or mount.

Hope my choice of words was better this time.
I think you're basically asking my initial question. Haven't yet seen a RAW solution. That said, keep in mind the UNWIELDY trait originated before the vehicle rules were conceived, and it's highly likely (based on past experience) that the writers didn't think things all the way out when adding the vehicles. Personally, I think the vehicles rules are not the best they could be. A bit too complicated, a bit too unwieldy... and honestly, the pricing on custom vs standard vehicles is really off.

At the end of the day, at least for now, it's something you're going to need to go over with your Arbitrator. I think it helps a LOT if you've got a god looking mini to justify it. Ours is allowing it.

The answer is still N23 p70 "MOUNTED- Hands Full: A fighter that is Mounted reduces the total number of weapons they can carry by one and cannot be equipped with any weapon with the Unwieldy trait unless it also has the Lance trait. In addition, they can never use more than one weapon in close combat."
Now, the only weapons with Unwieldy and Lance that I know of are the Nomads' Chain Lances and Cawdor Bomb-sticks (dunno official name), so i guess you could put Suspensors on whatever it is you want to and decide/argue that that trumps the Lance requirement and the 'never use more than one weapon in close combat' part of riding a bike eh.