Bikez, Trikez and Sidecarz

Azzabat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Jan 24, 2013
Bristol, UK
Sweet, sweet trike! Those Black Reach Deffcoptaz are really handy. I like the work you've done on the side-cars too. But they are a bit big and heavy looking for my taste. I've rigged up platforms and side rails for my bikes. No more than 1cm wide on the side and a couple cm for a back platform. I use broken bits of old cutter knife blades (the dull bit that fits in the knife handle mostly) glued to some plasticard as the base and I magnetize the feet or bases on all my guys. Make for a less clunky looking ride. Most of my bikes are old, old Warbikes, with the hefty tracks in back, so they are a little bit bigger than the new ones to start with. That helps the proportions too.
Have you got any pictures? I'd love to see your take on the sidecar/platform.

maxwellrpower

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Apr 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Apologies for the threadcromancy but these are awesome :D
I particularly like the idea of using tracks for the sidecar, my biggest problem with mine is that the side car’s wheel would be unpowered, which to me makes the bike look like it’d be virtually impossible to ride in a straight line. It’s kind of ok still, because orks, but using the tracks makes it look a lot more functional to me.
Totally gonna rip off your trike too to make buggies for my 40k orks (unless deffkoptas become cheap enough to be worth taking in the new codex, but I’ve already got three).

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
threads like this and the recent comp make me regret selling off all my gorkamorka stuff...

but honestly, i think i may have owned the only copy sold in the area...

Reactions: maxwellrpower

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
What's there to question?
Only the length of the tentacles, really. Full grown, shouldn't that beast be 30 feet, not twelve? Ha!

Anyhow. Good choice for necromancy. A nifty conversion [Hmmm... I actually HAVE one of those squat trikes in the bitz box - scale creep is REALLY evident when it is next to any new GW bike/trike], and a good idea for sidecars [having depth to hold the base], that I think I need to steal.