N18 Blaze Of Glory: Escape the Hive (Scenario)

TopsyKretts

Gang Hero
Dec 29, 2017
Kristiansand
Been reading through the new scenario "Blaze of Glory" from White Dwarf. A few parts I don't understand, but may be the usual errors we expect:

1) "Any attacking fighter that is within 1" of the ship at the start of any End Phase can board the ship if their controlling player wishes, even if they're Seriously Injured. At the start of any round, the defender can pick a fighter that has boarded the ship; make an Intelligence check for that fighter with a -5 modifier, and a +1 modifier for every three additional friendly fighters who have boarded the aircraft. If the check is passed, the ship is powered up and blasts off during the End phase of that turn."

Shouldn't the attacker pick a fighter to make Intelligence check, not the defender?

2) Hanger Doors

First of all, my knowledge of the English language meets a limit here. Is "Hanger Doors" correct? I would expect "Hangar Doors".

The rules seem to limit the chance to start the ship to 2 turns? Example:

Turn 1) One or more attackers board the ship. The Hanger Doors alarm is raised, placing 1 token in the End Phase.
Turn 2) The attackers make the 1st attempt at starting the ship. In the End Phase, the 2nd token is placed.
Turn 3) The attackers make the 2nd attempt at starting the ship. In the End phase, the 3rd token is placed. At this point, the ship can no longer take off and the attackers have nothing left to do but fight to the end.

Kind of complicated way of writing "attackers have 2 attempts to start the ship"?

Ben_S

Hive Guilder
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
First of all, my knowledge of the English language meets a limit here. Is "Hanger Doors" correct? I would expect "Hangar Doors".
Hangar is certainly the usual spelling. I just tried looking to see whether 'hanger' is an acceptable variation, but I don't think it is. (It is a word in its own right, but not to refer to a hangar.)

Reactions: TopsyKretts