N18 Blind Fire !!

bakalite

Juve
Mar 4, 2018
Rimini, RN, Italia
Hi all. I have some rule question for you mates:
1)can a ganger use the "blind Fire" action of he Is prone behind a 2 inch partial cover?
2)If yes, he can shot (-2) but he can NOT be hit by enemies? Right?
3)With flamer can he always hit enemies from this position, without roll ad usual
4) in sabotage scenario, the attacker can use the blind Fire action to shot the objective ( -2 blind shot, +2 huge objective to hit) Fire from long and don't be hit from the Defender....Is It a bug?

Thanks a lot

Scavvierising

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Aug 3, 2016
London
As long as the cover you are behind has some holes in it or or you're partially sticking out the side, so you have LOS. Yes you can blind fire without the risk of return fire. Unless your opponent can get a clear view on your mini.

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
Issy-les-Moulineaux 92130 France
Blind Fire gives you a 360° FoV and -2 to hit and that's pretty much it. You still need LoS to the target and they can still benefit from cover, as if you were standing.
In ZM games, you still ignore any obstacle within 1" of the shooter, and in SM you still use TLoS (or any more sensible house-rule you might prefer).
I'd personally determine everything as if the miniature were standing (as it's explicitly the case in ZM games, I assume it's the RAI)

Last edited:

Scavvierising

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Aug 3, 2016
London
You can blind fire but true LOS is needed as written. Many groups houses rule this so that LOS is worked out as if the model were standing. Some go as far as saying people can shoot round corners when right at the edge of one.