N18 Book of outcasts mission, bottling

Smigs

Juve
Jun 13, 2019
Mission questions
Gunk tank, if you have 4 hangers with gunk and you bottle, di you get any rewards?
If the opponent has 4 tokens, but you bottle, do they only get the d3?

Big score, if you have 2 chests in your zone, the enemy has 1 in theirs. They have a side on every other chest and you bottle.
Who gets what loot?

TopsyKretts

Hive Lord
Honored Tribesman
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
1651929319165.png

1. Bottling: I don't think this has any effect other than Reputation reward?
  2. Yes, only D3. The normal intention for run-pick-up-carry scenarios is that you have to escape with stuff to secure it.
What is "they have a side on every other chest"?

Smigs

Juve
Jun 13, 2019
Typo.

For the big score mission, opponent shas a dude on every chest.

Where is that graphic from?

TopsyKretts

Hive Lord
Honored Tribesman
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
That's from my rules compilation "Necrodamus".

1651934686526.png

Again, I'm not sure if bottling has any effect other than Rep reward. Seems like the intention here is to bring back loot into deployment to secure them. Loot are generally not "secured" by having dudes next to them.

Smigs

Juve
Jun 13, 2019
see, that makes little sense to me,
basically, if you're an underdog and you challenge the top ranking player, you can hobble them for a round by just walking off round 1 then... denying them anything...
seems like a dick move.
similarly, why would a force with the sludge counters, why would they drop them when either side retreats?
is it 'normal' in Necro for basically both gangs to get nothing from an encounter?

mateyboy3000

Gang Champion
May 29, 2017
It forces both players to actually play the mission. These have reasonably good design on that front. Most other missions allow you to just murder the enemy and then claim huge rewards because they ran away rather than let you murder their whole gang, because that happening just isn't nice.

In these particular scenarios there is a pseudo truce as both sides want to get something but can't just murder the opponent to get it and from my times playing them the first few rounds are people positioning and moving to collect loot while waiting for the inevitable brawl when one player has enough loot for them or the other player isn't happy with how much the opponent is getting

Reactions: TopsyKretts