N18 Book of Ruin (general discussion)

KuStrife

Juve
Jun 4, 2018
Granada, España
Chaos Corrupted Gangs in a Law and Misrule Campaing "automatically becomes aligned to Misrule". There is no mention of a "Misrule allegiance" at all in Book of Judgement.

Genestealer infected gangs are automatically Outlawed. However, a Genestealer Cult gang can choose.

The Hermaphage Magos (a Genestealer Cults doctor) and Vandoth the Fallen (a rogue Blood Angel) have exactly the same skillset. I don't say that's impossible, but it's suspicious

That's just by skimming, without looking at profiles or costs (that will probably be a bag of laughs as always)

TopsyKretts

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
Dark ritual is mandatory?

Also, Changi g side is - 3 Rep if you change and - 5 if you can't, so diff is "only" 2.

TopsyKretts

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
House & Outlaw Favours (page 107-108: Mix between "campaign cycle" and "campaign week". Not sure exactly what either are, and frankly don't care, as my friends can't abide to any definition of scheduled play. We play when play and we don't play when we don't play, regardless of what any rules tries to tell us.

Ml2sjw

Gang Hero
Nov 25, 2017
United kingdom
We finally know what a chrono crystal does. In public execution it prevents the execution clock advancing.

Hopefully bthis will be retrofitted onto any time sensitive "ticking" clock scenarios as it's pretty specific at this time for 500 credits/ completing mad Bryan's maze.

Hunt them down looks interesting I always liked the "rolling road" style escape scenario

Slaughter seems a bit one sided and a gift for CGC by making other gangs not shoot and move towards them.

End times scenario looks like a suitable finish to an uprising campaign complete with competing intelligence checks to see if the evac bird takes off or not.

Last edited:

Baffo

Gang Champion
Aug 2, 2018
Ljubljana
Well the Dark ritual isn't mandatory, but if you don't perform it after every battle, you lose the Favor of the god and it will be slightly harder next time to re-gain it.

Ml2sjw

Gang Hero
Nov 25, 2017
United kingdom
Just realised that enforcers are the only gang which can't gain a house favour based on my reading of the book of ruin.

Surely the Imperial house has a way of providing assistance / showing displeasure to enforcer precinct captains even if the paper work to do so takes a long time!

Reactions: TopsyKretts

TopsyKretts

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
Where is this written please? Thank you
Maybe it was imagination or wishthinking o_O Can't find anywhere to support that claim :unsure: Maybe it should be added as a house rule? Chaos gangs and Corrupted gangs certainly can make Dark Ritual Lead Ritual post-battle action?

TopsyKretts

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
Does the Uprising campaign use "Rarity" for weapons? I'm asking because one of the Uprising campaign events (Warzone) gives -3 reduction to Rarity. Does the Uprising campaign have Trading Post?

Ml2sjw

Gang Hero
Nov 25, 2017
United kingdom
No trading post in the game in the box version but there is explicit mention of people choosing to include the trading post (normal and i assume black market) if they wish with the actions being described as identical to in a Dominion campaign

TopsyKretts

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
No trading post in the game in the box version but there is explicit mention of people choosing to include the trading post (normal and i assume black market) if they wish with the actions being described as identical to in a Dominion campaign
Ok so Trading Post is an optional rule. The campaign event can be one optional rule on top of another.

Reactions: Ml2sjw