N17 Border Dispute and Gaining Special Turfs

Discussion in 'Rules, Mechanics & Skills' started by Sappi, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Sappi

Sappi New Member

So the rule book doesn't explicitly state that you can only gain Special Turf in Border Dispute if the other player has a Special Turf to steal.

It seems to say that you can gain Special Turf any time you gain Turf, and thus, should you steal 3 Turf from another player, you get a Special Turf with a D6 4+.

This is now interpreted by our Arbitrator to mean that should the losing player have Special Turf, it is lost with a D6 and gained by the winner, but if the loser has no Special Turf, the winner will still gain one with a 4+.

Now, I know what the Arb says, goes, but I got permission to ask the general consensus on this.

I also feel that adding another way of generating Special Turf besides the 3+/4+ followed by 6+ in the Stand-Off scenario into the campaign is detrimental to the mechanics.

What do you guys think?

2. TopsyKretts

TopsyKretts Gang Hero

You need permission to ask? So happy my group don't play with arbitrators :p

To be honest, the whole "turf war" / "special territories" is no longer part of official N17. When I played Turf War, I wanted to get those special territories so we interpreted it in the most liberal way.

3. almic85

almic85 Gang Champion

Depends if you think the winner of the border dispute can gain 3 turf while the loser only loses 1.

If yes then it could also make sense to gain special turf whether the opponent loses one as well.

Also FYI there are new rules for border dispute in the gang leader pack that make you only gain/lose 1 turf/territory at a time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice