N18 Bottle tests Necromunda : Do you use House rules?

Bot_01

Juve
Sep 23, 2019
It's pretty absurd that reinforcements *don't* count. I have no idea why they changed it.
My two theories are that it was either to save a little space on the page, or a shamefully hamfisted attempt to solve the "games with large gangs take too long" complaint.

I don't like the rule either, but I think their intention was to slow down big size crew in campain. But, in my opinion, this rules stop some tactics to be executed. Like cheap canon folder.

boatie

Juve
Jun 15, 2019
I think that might have been changed. I remember reading somewhere that in Sneak Attack the defenders do not take bottle tests.

This was something we recently played, and really enjoyed how it changed the fight from being nightmarish for the defender to a fairly tense battle.

Kiro The Avenger

Gang Hero
Apr 4, 2018
Bristol, UK
I think that might have been changed. I remember reading somewhere that in Sneak Attack the defenders do not take bottle tests.

This was something we recently played, and really enjoyed how it changed the fight from being nightmarish for the defender to a fairly tense battle.
Unfortunately not.
They get Home Turf - which essentially let's you reroll failed bottle tests, but that doesn't really get you very far.
When you have 5 guys, you're still bottling way sooner than a full gang, even at a relatively small ~8 fighters.