Executive Officer in charge of Fraggles
Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
BOYL 2020

WHAT IS IT?
Bring Out Your Lead (affectionately and unfortunately known as 'BOYL') is a celebration of all things Oldhammer; old games, old miniatures, old ... well, people too! We get together once a year to put on amazing narrative games surrounded by these old rules and miniatures - just the the pictures of the games we stared at in those various gaming magazines all those years ago before there was an internet.

And, whilst it gets harder to bring any more definition to BOYL, you can rest assured: Bring Out Your Lead is NOT A TOURNAMENT!

WHEN IS IT?
Friday, 31st of July - Sunday, 2nd August. In 2020.

WHERE IS IT?
BRING OUT YOUR LEAD will be generously hosted by venerable miniatures company Foundry Miniatures - a manufacturer with ties going all the way back to the origins of Citadel Miniatures.

FoundryLogo_WideSpace-442w.png

ADDRESS
Foundry Miniatures
The Carriage Court
Stoke Hall
Church Lane
East Stoke
Newark
Nottinghamshire
England
NG23 5QF

Anyone up for this? It’s a free event with loads of cool stuff happening, but the catch is that you have to book the tables in advance (something which I wouldn’t want to do unless I definately know Iv got an opponent!)

@MusingWarboss Are we still on tor the 2nd Ed Guard vs Orks, Captain vs Warboss, Mano E Mano!?
and @ClockworkOrange /any and all yaks of the tribe, can I interest you in some ORB Necromunda what what?

i was thinking about trying to book a single table for the entirety of Saturday (10-5 at least) but I am interested in hearing peoples thoughts!?

The Corona Madness should be over by then! .............right!?

previously at BOYL...

MusingWarboss

Gang Hero
Oct 31, 2013
@MusingWarboss Are we still on tor the 2nd Ed Guard vs Orks, Captain vs Warboss, Mano E Mano!?
and @ClockworkOrange /any and all yaks of the tribe, can I interest you in some ORB Necromunda what what?
You mean that army that’s currently in need of paint...? I’ll Have to get my brushes to work!! *gulp*

So... yeah, providing I get enough done and there’s no horrendous disease limitations.

Well there’s a summer project anyway.

Also ORB Necro is good.

Reactions: CaptainDangerous

CaptainDangerous

Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
🙂
Iv just jumped straight in and booked a 5’x4’ table from 10am to 5pm on the Saturday!
i hope that works for both of you? So write in your diaries the 1st of August!

if you want to display the whole board clockwork then you might want to book a bigger table, but i feel saving it until our own event would be best! (this could be a teaser?) But we should definately think up a scenario! I’ll have an imperial guard army with me, and I’m sure the imperial authorities have cottoned on to the mutant scourge by now!? (.....it’s just a coincidence CaptainDangerous himself will be leading the force!)
Trolls always attack Conga style to hide their numbers

and MW, if it happens that you arnt happy with your orks, we could just get an early start on the necro! The only limitations on the event is that all minis MUST be fully painted and based, so a Gang is certainly more manageable than a full army!
i could only pick between a 6x3 or a 5x4 table so I went with the more square one, as that will suit the necro better afterward! But did you have terrain or do you want me to bring some? I have a three 4x4 gaming mats which I‘ll bring anyways!

at the minute, I’m planning on driving down early morning and going home on the night, but if we can gather afew more yaks then I might consider booking a hotel room on either the friday or Saturday nights (or both)

ClockworkOrange

Executive Officer in charge of Pandemics & Trolls!
Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
I’ll just bring 4x4 Trollholme, not the Sump extension. Although Trollholme is too cluttered and obstructed for vehicles so it might be better if we play NCE?

That said a Troll Army vs Planetary Defence Force could be fun! the Trolls certainly have enough mobile units to fight it out on a more open battlefield if that’s the way we want to go.....

CaptainDangerous

Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
You say planetary defence force, but it is more of a private army that the chap you’ve got chained to your throne owns!
ill leave my Lemans at home for the assault, but Iv got one or two heavy weapons, that should be enough to bring down a bonnicon!

MusingWarboss

Gang Hero
Oct 31, 2013
if it happens that you arnt happy with your orks, we could just get an early start on the necro! The only limitations on the event is that all minis MUST be fully painted and based, so a Gang is certainly more manageable than a full army!
The classic Orks are going to be a ‘labour of love’ type project to get my old models back to fighting standard! So I’ll see what I can do with them. I do have more modern Orks too but I don’t think BOYL is the place for those aggressive green gorilla guys.

I do however have my ORB Goliaths to go, so they‘re always ready for action. May save the Pirates for YakMeet.

But did you have terrain or do you want me to bring some?
I’m only just at the start of my terrain. This lockdown has reinforced that I should build up my collection (the last lot from the 90s rotted in a shed). I was going to get some stuff done in this lockdown.

CaptainDangerous

Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
No worries!
If clockwork can make it there for ten in the morning then we’re laughing for terrain anyhow!

Im now thinking that we play some preliminary games of ORB necro to begin with 10-1, then your goliath can join in the imperial assault on the Troll Conga! (It’s going to be epic!)

ClockworkOrange

Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
What we need is a YakTribe banner of some sort - I’m thinking one of those pop up sign things?

Reactions: Space Truckin

Scavvierising

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Aug 3, 2016
London
next year maybe.
various metal guardsmen and beaky's are trickling through the letter box at the moment.
It will be winter by the time I get round to painting them. Or indeed have amassed enough to actually field.

Reactions: MusingWarboss

ClockworkOrange

Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
It’s still a goer at the moment.

CaptainDangerous

Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
Iv just cancelled our table bookings for this.

Apologies to my esteemed yaks @MusingWarboss and @ClockworkOrange and any other yaks who were tempted to turn up to say hello.

There is nothing confirmed yet, but the event are anticipating only allowing 50 heads per day including staff, so considering it would be our first time there as a group, I feel its only fair to the regulars that we stand aside.

iv still got my fingers crossed that I will meet with my Southern Northern brethren his year! If not at the rescheduled tribemeet, then at Warhammer world/Long Eaton at the first Great Yakmas Feast!

ClockworkOrange

Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
Shame I was looking forward to it!

However by this time next year I should have the board, the NPC’s and all the stories ready for the first Underhives & Trolls (TM pending) RPG event of the century! All @CaptainDangerous @MusingWarboss @undertaker and one other lucky Yak will need to do is create and paint their characters. PMA there is a positive in everything!

MusingWarboss

Gang Hero
Oct 31, 2013
That’s a shame @CaptainDangerous but totally understandable, we are in very weird times at the moment! Next year however!!!! Maybe I’ll even have some classic Orks fully done?!

@ClockworkOrange that sounds great! I’ll look forward to hearing more about Underhives & Trolls! Will I need custom Miniatures?? I assume non-GW is allowed if not positively encouraged?!?

How many?? I may convert some especially when I get enough details.

MusingWarboss

Gang Hero
Oct 31, 2013
There’s been a BOYL update, not that it matters much. They’ve shifted the dates to October 2nd-4th now.

I fully expect there will be people restrictions still as I doubt the pandemic will be anything like over by then (more likely into the 2nd or 3rd wave given how everyone is acting and it being Autumn).

Anyway info above if anyone was planning to go.

I wonder what their free figure is this year??

ClockworkOrange

Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
That’s a shame @CaptainDangerous but totally understandable, we are in very weird times at the moment! Next year however!!!! Maybe I’ll even have some classic Orks fully done?!

@ClockworkOrange that sounds great! I’ll look forward to hearing more about Underhives & Trolls! Will I need custom Miniatures?? I assume non-GW is allowed if not positively encouraged?!?

How many?? I may convert some especially when I get enough details.
Introduction;

Inquisitor Marrik has recruited hundreds of acolytes to investigate reports of strange events deep in the hive. The Inquisitors pockets are deep and his thirst for knowledge great. You have only communicated with him via Intermediaries, as far as the great Inquisitor is concerned you are disposable, insignificant, just one of the many cheap hive scum recruited to his cause. Randomly thrown into teams with no apparent thought to their composition or suitability to work together.

You are a member of one such of party sent as deep into the hive as you can possibly go, to the Sump.

You have no idea what strange events have happened just that you must report back to the Inquisitor when you see them, you don’t really care the credits are good. If you need motivation, know that the Inquisitor or his minions will find you should you deviate from his chosen path and the response will not be swift or pleasant.

You first travelled to one of the great cable hubs linked to the hive core, but not one of the great cable lifts to Sump City was working for unknown reasons, the cars stopped at the other end. With no alternative your party has worked it’s way down the hive core, the great green radioactive glow of the Sump Sea forever at your feet. The journey took weeks, and you have already faced many perils, securing passage on the laughable and highly unsafe Sump Sea fishing skiff you’ve called home for the last few days is a story in itself, but we join the party now as the skiff approaches the Sump City Docks......

@MusingWarboss you’ll just need to create a single character bio and model for the above. I’ll create a thread for this eventually.