BOYL 2018 - Bring Out Your Lead 'Oldhammer Event'
Dates: 3-5 August 2018

BOYL18 Forum

What is BOYL or Bring Out Your Lead?
BRING OUT YOUR LEAD is the annual gaming event that brings together the best of the tabletop retrogaming community.

There will be demo games, participation games, a spectacular amount of vintage fantasy and science fiction miniatures on display, old-school gaming paraphernalia, great beer and much more.

The event is open to casual moochers, as well as the hardcore Oldhammer fanatic, so feel free to drop in and see what’s going on.

…And, whilst the event is all about celebrating old games and old figures – any and all games and figures are welcome.

BOYL LInk Bookmark for future details.

The event is a free event over the weekend, meals and beer/soft drinks available at a small cost.

The event is always looking for people to run participation games, either two hourly one off's or longer depending on the people running. The event is about community and getting people together to game.

If anyone is interested in running games, Mordheim, Necromunda, Gorka-Morka, etc, do drop a link in the forum and see about how to go about it.

Mar 4, 2018
High Wycombe, UK
Reactions: CaptainDangerous
Mar 4, 2018
High Wycombe, UK
Gents maybe I’m missing something but where is it? Nottingham Uk?

Edit - it’s at Foundry Miniatures in Newark Nottingham UK if I’m reading the website correctly.

BOYL takes place at Foundry's Headquarters at East Stoke, just outside Newark, UK - they usually have plenty of tables available for 'meeting of like-minded individuals' to do their stuff. At BOYL it very much is turn up and play, chat and play some more and then off around the local hostelries to drink, eat, chat and possibly play even more classic GW games and meet some of the original great and the good.

CaptainDangerous

Executive Officer in charge of Fraggles
Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
:X3::X3::X3:
I’m 100% down for this!!!
Is there any Yak up for joining me?

Just check out the amount of awesome!........
https://yaktribe.games/community/threads/boyl-17-oldhammer-event-photos.5998/

If we can get afew definates then we can organise a dedicated table and have a running campaign with an exhibition game as a grand finale!

@ClockworkOrange, your terrain would sit quite comfortably amongst such a host! It would be an excellent chance for the Trolls to get their first blood!
We could even theme the weekend around them? I’d be up for making some troll brother hybrids!
We could spread the glorious orange! Think about it!
:p:D

Thanks a lot for sharing this, @adlard.matthew! I will be in attendance, but hopefully I can drag some fellow yaks along with me!
(Its warm and dark in the underhive, it’s not always easy to come to the surface :giggle:)

P.s. I’m too young to be oldhammer o_O........I like you a lot better in orange ;):p:LOL:

Reactions: adlard.matthew

CaptainDangerous

Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
Congratulations clockwork!!! :):):)
But..but...but.....what’ll become of the Trolls lair?
(Or were all those renovations last year no mere coincidence.....:cautious:)
:D

Nice to see you spreading the word Matthew, I've currently nothing arrange in stone for that weekend.
Hope to bring a few girls a long and see if we can make something happen - as I haven't yet opened the new set of rules and would like to see how they feel!

Paul/Golgfag1
Welcome to the tribe from me! :)
Some would see grass on the bases as heresy, but cool collection you got there!
I’m a goliath man myself but I can appreciate a good vintage Escher!
As for new necromunda (N17)......its.....alright. The best way I can think of describing it is, do you remember the first time you play 3rd edition 40k and you still had fun, but it’s just not the same........

(.......I swear im too Young, honest!.......:LOL::D)

ClockworkOrange

Executive Officer in charge of Pandemics & Trolls!
Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
I’m a diverse cosmopolitan troll but grass on the bases!! :eek: That is heresy!!! They look good mate loving the pink no doubt about it being an Escher Gang!!

@CaptainDangerous no fear, Troll Towers is now sufficiently large enough to add another Troll to the brood. It’s more that the older ones fingers were becoming too big for the intricate work required to build a 28mm replica of the Hive.....

Mar 4, 2018
High Wycombe, UK

CaptainDangerous

Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
Woop woop! :)
Is it possible to just occupy a table for the entire event? or Is it expected that you pack things up and move about?
And what would happen if I booked a table and absolutely no-one was interested in playing? Would I have to wear a special hat and sit in the corner?

Is any yakker up for playing some ORB Necromunda?

I have an idea for a campaign.....
THE ROAD TO EL TOMACO -The Legendary City of Mold

CaptainDangerous

Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
And secondary question, has anyone ever put on a demo game of the starter campaign from 2nd ed 40k?
Its just if they havnt I would like to call dibs on the idea for next year! :D

Mar 4, 2018
High Wycombe, UK
If, I were you, I'd take a look at form of the past events & the games played - if, you can put on a game or series of games which first of all get people to join-in and hold peoples attention - then yes, go for a table for all weekend - most games are put on by a small group of willing participants with all contributors adding something to the game and thus the event. if, you don't think you can, go for something small and more manageable.

As for 2nd Ed. 40k, ask folks at the event and gauge the interest, then draft your plans accordingly.

Ardavion

Gang Hero
Nov 22, 2011
I could make time for some ORB action; just need to remember how to play it, busy trying to push NCE rules out my head for N17, let alone ORB...

As always, I'll be playing Pit Slaves if I do get down; does the event start early Friday, and people potentially take a day off work? Does anyone have a recommendation on where to stay for cheap nearby for the weekend?

Mar 4, 2018
High Wycombe, UK
Yes, those that are keen Travel on the Friday to get as much of the Oldhammer experience as possible - games kick-off as soon as people arrive. As for digs - The Great Western is popular with the old-hands, but It'll be pretty much booked out by now. But most local hostelries are good value offering bed & broad at reasonable prices.
At this rate I'll be bring the 're-based' girls out of their box!