Necromunda Brass Monkey's Sculpting Shenanigans

brassmonkey

Ganger
Nov 1, 2017
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Hey there Yaktribe!

I'm starting this thread as a place to show my finished and not-so-finished miniature sculpts. They are all characters that would be at home anywhere from the Underhive to the Spire and possibly even the wastes beyond...

I'll start by posting my first Underhive denizen, one Trap Jaw from the fighting pit. Apparently he upset Skeletor and ended up being evicted from Eternia via the warp. Not sure what he did, but he ain't too happy about it.

20863403_1891925614407832_6681157913968778827_o.jpg

D

Deleted member 10658

He looks like a badass. What is the base model?

Oh, and Welcome to the Tribe by the way!

Reactions: brassmonkey
D

Deleted member 10658

Okay... there needs to be a jaw-on-the-floor smiley. That is absolutely fantastic work.

Are you going to paint it, or get it cast?

MedMos

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
Joining the chorus, great work there! Welcome, and keep the pictures coming, more pictures is more good. :)

brassmonkey

Ganger
Nov 1, 2017
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Resin... it’s always resin... (i have a smoldering dislike of resin)

Haha, fair enough! Resin is certainly not for everyone. Being an old git, I will always have a preference for metal just because it 'feels' right ;)

My reasons for using resin were two-fold:

1. Detail - resin tends to hold detail better than metal
2. Cost - because I was only getting a small run of figures, resin was more cost effective than metal. That's not to say I may not get a load cast in metal one day!

I will say that the resin used for Trap Jaw (and all my minis, for that matter) is very good quality and the caster is very skilled. It is definitely superior to Failcast! :ROFLMAO:

Biggle_Bear

Gang Hero
Nov 1, 2017
You are such a skilled sculptor. I have given sculpting a try but this must have taken a lot of years and hard work to learn.

brassmonkey

Ganger
Nov 1, 2017
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
You are such a skilled sculptor. I have given sculpting a try but this must have taken a lot of years and hard work to learn.

Thanks Biggle Bear! Yes, it does take a lot of study and practice but, like anything, if you work hard enough at it you can improve your skills. If you want to give sculpting another go I recommend studying anatomy - lots of it! - and watching all the videos by Tom Mason on his excellent Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/AvatarSCA

All the best!