Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
I'm sure if you can only fit that much in then you jsut need a bigger table! :p

Tulkas

Mr. Shadowlord
Mordheim Professor
Mar 23, 2012
Netherlands, Groningen
Well a solid wall running across the table would be a bit boring, wouldn't it? It'd need to end somewhere so the gate isn't the only way across it.

Tulkas

Mr. Shadowlord
Mordheim Professor
Mar 23, 2012
Netherlands, Groningen
Just found this on the Pegasus Hobbies site, which looks to be allright on prices and the fact most looks prepainted on a good level.

http://pegasushobbies.net/catalog/p111/#5198-Grey-Bricks-(Small)/product_info.html

A sack o' bricks. That Fortress wall I'll be implementing at some point will have a great big hole large enough for an army to march through, as a result of a piece of comet hitting it, so there'll have to be a ton of bricks spilling out where it broke, wouldn't it?

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
They do look very cool, although looking on the site, they only appear to ship to US :(

spafe

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
so there is... you sah have made my wallet weep quite a bit...

Reactions: notprop

notprop

Ganger
May 17, 2013
Wickford, Essex, UK
Hmmmm, I'm seriously regretting starting this thread now. I just wanted a guide to help me to make Mordheim Buildings on the cheap, now I have visions of Castles, rubble strewn streets and bespoke tables. Thanks guys, Thanks Allot!!:(£:cry:£:mad:£:censored:

Tulkas

Mr. Shadowlord
Mordheim Professor
Mar 23, 2012
Netherlands, Groningen
Lol I messaged the Fortress seller, postage apparently is 40 pounds. Which is also incidentally his buy now price.

Riiiiiiiight.

Tulkas

Mr. Shadowlord
Mordheim Professor
Mar 23, 2012
Netherlands, Groningen
I've thought it before, I need a UK "alias" address. When someone charges insane amounts I'll have them send it there and then just wire whoever lives there the normal amount of postage to send it over.

Reactions: spafe

spafe

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
bah, its up to 16 squids now. so 26 including p&p. Still good savings, but I need to cut back my buying on the bay until I've cleared some stuff off my to -do list so will pass. Good luck to you guys if you want it though!

@Tulkas As long as we're not talking 20 parcels a week I am happy to send you on stuff if you find p&p getting that mad. Drop me a PM if/when you have that issue :)

Reactions: Tulkas

Tulkas

Mr. Shadowlord
Mordheim Professor
Mar 23, 2012
Netherlands, Groningen
Sometimes they say "free postage" to UK only and I'm quite positive it's only 2 or 3 pounds to send it a broad but they charge ridiculously high for overseas.

notprop

Ganger
May 17, 2013
Wickford, Essex, UK
So this seems to have devolved in an impromptu plog/Tulkas temptation thread.

To carry on in this vein I turned the building I was experimenting is now being turned into a reinforced block house, with stone cladding to the lower floor to be added. Progress;
633640_sm-.jpg

633641_sm-.jpg

633642_sm-.jpg

The Smurfette cottage is not part of the project by the way. :)

Tulkas

Mr. Shadowlord
Mordheim Professor
Mar 23, 2012
Netherlands, Groningen
Lol spoilsport!

No really your house is really looking the shit! I want to see how you cobble up the lower half, that would really look sick. Are you then going to take a ballpeen hammer to it to Mordheim it up? :p

notprop

Ganger
May 17, 2013
Wickford, Essex, UK
Cheers Tulkas.

Well I'm not cobbling the GF rather going for the same stone block look I used on my Inn.

I used those card paving locks I linked to before. Premium no less!
634002_sm-.jpg

Although they are self adhesive I have glued them on with scenic glue/PVA. So about 1o minutes later I had...
634003_sm-.jpg

I just need to sort a door, frame the windows/insides, base it then I'll slop on some paint.

There will be no ballpeen hammer on this one, I figure not all building would have gotten the meteor treatment! spafe has been good enough to link some Mordheim ruined building guides which I'm gonna start on next.

spafe

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
Very very nice! looking forward to seeing how you do the door, and how it looks once its got some colour to it

Tulkas

Mr. Shadowlord
Mordheim Professor
Mar 23, 2012
Netherlands, Groningen
Your right, not all of them met the meteor, but they are very likely to have met the crazy mob that was a result of the meteor. Perhaps you could paint it up with soot coming from all the windows and doors? Just an idea. Or even better (maybe) keep just ONE perfect, pristine building in amongst all the ruined ones. That'd be even creepier!

spafe

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
This is my door, not sure what its going into yet, originally I knocked up a tower but wasnt happy with it at all so threw that away, kept the door though

photo 5.JPG