Campaign Ideas

Alysium1983

May 29, 2022
Many greets, all.

I'm a newb player/arbitrator and I was wondering where people get ideas from for campaigns aside from the standard Dominion/Law and Order/Uprising campaigns from the books...

I'd like to run a campaign that isn't just a dominion type, and wondered what sort of ideas people have had in their campaigns.

TIA.

Reactions: Mr. M
May 21, 2021
an hour east of Frisco
So we haven't had any meaningful campaigns since starting NeoMunda only because I'm still learning the rules (getting better every game!) but in OldMunda anything could have been an idea.

Battles for Control of a Certain territory (we had a bridge spanning an 18" wide sump river, also a super tall "sky scraper" bulkhead tower - two separate events)
Battles on the Sump Seas
Curse of the Sump Beasts (rat infestations + skaven/delaque, giant mutant praying mantis - also two separate events)
Night of the Living Dead (Zombies!)

Interested in hearing what ideas people have too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. M

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
If you're a newb, then I would suggest sticking to the rules at first, until you've got a solid grasp on them.

What are you hoping to achieve?

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
I don’t know if this is possible with N17+, but with ORB we got together, played a couple randomly determined games, I threw together a newsletter, and things sorta wrote themselves after that. Rivalries developed, everyone started gunning for the undefeated gang, etc. i used the newsletter to introduce weekly events and reported what happened at the previous weeks sessions. A narrative just organically developed.

The tribe meets have had a running theme from meet to meet, which they came up with. They just announced this years meet, so I’m waiting to see where they’ve gone with it.

I’ve been interested in doing a House War where everyone runs the same type of gang, but I doubt that would be interesting to many.

Sometimes coming up with a setting helps. Ash wastes? Sump seas? Frontier mining town? Border town on a freshly opened dome? If nothing else, it can help “flavor” one of the standard campaigns from the new rulesets.