1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Capitan's Necromunda

Discussion in 'Miniatures & Terrain' started by capitan, Dec 2, 2013.

1. capitan

capitan The Necronomicon
    Yak Comp 3rd Place Yak Supporter

Map
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427841961.019026.jpg

Watched the footy and then cracked on. He's actually a bit more genestealer hybrid pink in reality. The light was a bit too strong I think... Going to try paint lots of tiny little veins on his skin to try add to the bloated look. Still not sure about the horn stumps either but it's moving along...

2. capitan

capitan The Necronomicon

Map
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428359305.413719.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428359327.526739.jpg

Only managed an hour over the whole bank holiday weekend. Bit gutted but managed to move it along a bit more! Think it needs one more session of highlighting to cover up some of the slap dash brush work and then a bit of fine detail adding. Quite happy with the bloated skin tone and stretch marks.
    Still left the horn stumps though. Not sure what to do if I remove them other than a top knot...

#342 capitan, Apr 6, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  3. trollmeat

trollmeat Hive Guilder
    Yak Comp 2nd Place

That festering wound on his belly looks delicious! :)

When you post final pics of him, can you take one from Viewing Distance/just a bit further away, so we can see what he looks like on the table / in all his glory surrounded by his filthy minions? :)

hreikin and capitan like this.
  4. Ben Neeson

Ben Neeson Gang Champion

Map
    Looking amazing, one of the best models ive seen in ages. Colour scheme is great, a few tiny blue/purple veins if you could get them that small would make that belly look like it is about to burst!

Im going to have to be the one to say it. AFTER you started painting and all... so sorry in advance, but id wack those horn stumps off. This guy could use a topknot if you ask me!

trollmeat and capitan like this.
  5. capitan

capitan The Necronomicon

Map
    Cheers Ben - it was yours and starfarers scavvies that got me fired up to start a scavvy gang in the first place, so that's high praise indeed.

I've had a bit of a mixed bag tonight, got a lot of detail done and based him but when I've come to take the final photos, I've noticed so much that I'm not happy with, I'm going to have another sesh on it to correct it. The veins looked really good when I originally did them but as they dried, they kind of spread out and looked like I'd painted them with a one inch brush. Then I tried to go back over the edges but I ended up making them a bit too uniform and when I looked at the photos, I've not matched the skin tone well enough. Bah. Complete re-do of the skin I think. And yeah, the horns might as well go too!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428444291.643731.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428444303.729030.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428444314.228012.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428444329.482503.jpg

And a little group shot for trollmeat. He's big - kind of helps to bridge the gap between normal scavvies and the scalies! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428444484.381515.jpg

6. trollmeat

trollmeat Hive Guilder
    Yak Comp 2nd Place

Thanks for the group shot. :)

I could really see him leading a horde of filthy scavs, he really does have the heroic proportions to be a gang hero. :-D

Seeing him in the group photo- Yep, horns, as much as I loved the Necro-Hellboy thing, probably have to go. Don't know about a top-knot, but they are the one thing that is classic-scavvie-boss, just as being unshaven and green is classic-van-saar... Let us know how it turns out. :)

capitan likes this.
  7. SNxWMxN

SNxWMxN Gang Champion

Map
    I think the paint job looks fine. And the group shot really helps tie them all together. Looking good!

capitan and trollmeat like this.
  8. capitan

capitan The Necronomicon

Map
    And I'm done...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428528355.236938.jpg

... I think...

;)

9. SNxWMxN

SNxWMxN Gang Champion

Map
    Very nice. I think the top knot is the better choice, after seeing how well it turned out.

capitan and trollmeat like this.
  10. Ben Neeson

Ben Neeson Gang Champion

Map
    Amazing mate love it. 10/10. Skin really looks great, stands out against the dull greens and rust.

trollmeat and capitan like this.
  11. ClockworkOrange

ClockworkOrange Executive Officer in charge of Trolling
    Staff Member Yak Comp 1st Place Yak Supporter

Map
  12. capitan

capitan The Necronomicon

Map
    Comp 7 teaser. Knew I was saving this for a reason...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430175992.095154.jpg

13. hreikin

hreikin Gang Hero

Map
    i dont think id be able to open it :D but thats just me !

have you done it yet ?

trollmeat likes this.
  14. capitan

capitan The Necronomicon

Map
    Open it?! I'm going to tear her limb from limb ;) I know what you mean though - it did pain me to open the packet a bit. Ive been recently inspired by @jonbo's reckless attitude to rare/valuable stuff after seeing how awesome it can turn out. Fingers crossed, eh? ;)

15. ClockworkOrange

Map
    I was just chipping paint off the Cawdor leader model with a toothpick - when it hit me this is a 20 year old model, I'm not a modeller I'm a antique restorer!

#355 ClockworkOrange, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  16. trollmeat

trollmeat Hive Guilder
    Yak Comp 2nd Place

antique

Vintage.

Jembo17 likes this.
  17. capitan

capitan The Necronomicon

Map
    Got side tracked from the comp again. Still planning to enter but time is ticking away. Plus I've started something else...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431644777.990694.jpg

Gorkamunda, grimwork, nooker and 7 others like this.
  18. Loriel

Loriel Gang Hero
    Yak Supporter

Map
  19. djmothra

djmothra Magister Competere
    Yak Comp 2nd Place Yak Supporter

Map
    I thought the very same thing :D

I might make one of those in the Summer Holidays...Hmmm *strokes chin*

Loriel and trollmeat like this.
  20. ClockworkOrange

Map
    Awesome - have I seen something similar before on the web?

Lol @ storage!

trollmeat likes this.