N18 Card Sleeves

MusingWarboss

Gang Hero
Oct 31, 2013
I picked up some of the official ones from GW. They’re really smart! I love the gold Necromunda logo - though the price is a bit of a wallet gouge. I guess I don’t have to buy them but as these damn cards seem to be hard to get I may as well protect my investment so I can keep using them into the future!

As for alternatives well... for whatever reason the Games Workshop cards are a weird size. But as they seem to be used for Necromunda, Blood Bowl and Kill Team would be kinda useful if sleeve manufacturers started making some!

I looked. All I could find is a company based in Australia I think? Can’t seem to get the sleeves elsewhere but for our Aussie friends have you tried these? Are they good?? A lot more affordable than the GW ones!!

MusingWarboss

Gang Hero
Oct 31, 2013
Ah, my dollars on their site were set to $Aus so I assumed wrong!

Either way can’t seem to find them in the UK.

Yeah, the community provided cards or the @TopsyKretts collection are a very useful resource!
Saying that though I do own originals so I’d like to use them as much as possible!!

So... any US players tried these? $3 for 110 isn’t bad. Especially compared to £7 for 50. Even with a logo.

Sep 11, 2019
Brighton, Massachusetts
Reactions: Chivers7

MusingWarboss

Gang Hero
Oct 31, 2013
Ah thanks! I’ll look into the UK distributor. £3 is pretty decent.

To be honest (I tried it and it works) the larger pre-made fighter cards for Kill Team also fit into Necromunda sleeves and I wanted to sleeve them up sans-logo so I can write on them without wrecking the cards.

TopsyKretts

Hive Guilder
Dec 29, 2017
Kristiansand
Oh yes the sleeves... don't get me started! Ok, you got me started. Never used the original cards. Always printed by own cards in magic size and sleeved them with different coloured magic sleeves for different types of decks. Bought a couple of the original sleeves for Blood Bowl and Necromunda to try out. They are very nice! But without any proper deck box for transport, I don't use them. And I found no good way of printing the exclusive card and pdf cards. Some times even original GW cards have a different colour on the back, making them noticable different. But then the Blood Bowl sleeves ran out! Did not see that coming. So now I got a bunch of the necromunda ones, just in case those run out too. I keep buying bigger and bigger deck boxes for all them cards. Started with a nice box for 80 cards. Then 160 cards. Now? 600 cards! One massive box filled with Blood Bowl and Necromunda cards only. Too much!

Reactions: MusingWarboss

MusingWarboss

Gang Hero
Oct 31, 2013
I figure as I have them I’m going to use them at home and mates house. Club use ... probably print out a set of your excellent cards (or have them done nicely at a print shop on thin card). Then I don’t have to worry about people nicking them!!

Honestly I’ve heard stories of people playing and finding out some scab had nicked a few cards and in one case - the empty box! The empty box!!

• Wow
Reactions: TopsyKretts

MusingWarboss

Gang Hero
Oct 31, 2013
Well I got some of those Sleeve Kings sleeves! I shall see how they go.

So far, first impression is that they feel good and seem pretty well made.

Of course I have an ulterior motive for these too... they also fit the Kill Team cards so I shall sleeve them up too.

Also fighter cards. Now being clear on both sides I can hopefully sleeve them up and be able to (lightly) write on them with small marker and not have to have a massive stock of the expensive cards replaced periodically!

This also applies to Kill Team and their pre-made and user written cards.

Doubly worth doing as all my KT cards are now out of print too.
Seriously GW, stop producing stuff them scrapping it after 6-12 months!!!! *waves fist*