N18 Cards you wish you could add

Tacksmith

Sep 29, 2020
Thought it would be fun. Post ideas for tactics cards you wish existed. (Or complain about cards you wish didn't)

hD75bnb.png

JawRippa

Gang Hero
Mar 31, 2017
Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Thought it would be fun. Post ideas for tactics cards you wish existed. (Or complain about cards you wish didn't)
I think that Goliaths had something similar in their D66 tactic card table generator. Yours is a very flavorful tactic though)

What I actually would want is for some tactics to become skills instead. It's as if they've wasted most of their design space on making flavorful tactic cards when some effects could be easily made into skills (perhaps toning them down or making them a once per game effects depending on their power).

Reactions: TopsyKretts

JawRippa

Gang Hero
Mar 31, 2017
Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Not really a tactic card by itself, but I had this idea for a long time: player is offered an ancient weapon surrounded by endless rumours about its corrupted power and a great curse that follows whoever wields it. The player may sell it or dare to equip it... It has a meaty statline, but comes with a downside: the player has to shuffle X number of curse curds into their tactical deck which are unusable when drawn.

TopsyKretts

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
Or they could even apply some negative effects? However, you'd have to add a lot of curse cards into my deck in order for them to have a decent probability of being drawn :p

Jayward

Ganger
Aug 4, 2020
Not a tactics card, but I'd like for there to be a general rule that you can discard 2 Tactics cards to cancel the effects of an opponent's Tactics card when played. Lessens the impact of 'gotcha' cards, gives you something to do when you draw absolute chaff, and slightly helps underdogs as they often get extra cards.

Reactions: Petitioner's City

Tacksmith

Sep 29, 2020
Not really a tactic card by itself, but I had this idea for a long time: player is offered an ancient weapon surrounded by endless rumours about its corrupted power and a great curse that follows whoever wields it. The player may sell it or dare to equip it... It has a meaty statline, but comes with a downside: the player has to shuffle X number of curse curds into their tactical deck which are unusable when drawn.
Had the thought of doing the same for injuries. You can choose to go into recovery or shuffle one “injured” card into your deck. Depending on how rude it could either do nothing or require you to put a flesh wound on someone by the end of the game.

almic85

Cranky Git
Oct 30, 2014
Palmerston, ACT, Australia
I would love to see a card that let you take an extra ganger (or two juves) in addition to your starting crew.

On a similar note I would like to see History of Violence get amended to reduce the enemies starting crew by 1 rather than have a selected fighter be replaced by another.

Alternatively it would be good if History of Violence was limited to gangers and juves.

Reactions: BearsWillEatYou

Jayward

Ganger
Aug 4, 2020
I would love to see a card that let you take an extra ganger (or two juves) in addition to your starting crew.

On a similar note I would like to see History of Violence get amended to reduce the enemies starting crew by 1 rather than have a selected fighter be replaced by another.

Alternatively it would be good if History of Violence was limited to gangers and juves.
Escher actually have two such cards in House of Blades; Wyld Hunt adds a Wyld Runner and two Phelynx to your crew, and Unexpected Help lets you bring a fighter who isn't in the crew in as a Reinforcement.

TopsyKretts

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
Wyld Hunt is the opposite in my opinion. It has dependency requirement of the extra minis of the latest new shiny. If cards are going to add fighters, at minimum allow the player to choose what kind of fighter to add!

Jayward

Ganger
Aug 4, 2020
If you want to argue that it's not a great card I'm right there with you, but opposite? How can it be the opposite? It quite literally adds fighters to your crew, and if you don't have the required fighters you get to swap it for another tactics card.

I'd not be keen on a card that let people choose a free fighter of whatever type they liked, except maybe as an Underdog card? On some scenarios even Wyld Hunt is powerful despite giving you trash fighters. Being able to add a reasonably well-equipped ganger to a scenario with only 4-5 crew size would be quite a swing.

Reactions: Heart of Storm

almic85

Cranky Git
Oct 30, 2014
Palmerston, ACT, Australia
Escher actually have two such cards in House of Blades; Wyld Hunt adds a Wyld Runner and two Phelynx to your crew, and Unexpected Help lets you bring a fighter who isn't in the crew in as a Reinforcement.

There are a few cards that give you one or two specific additional fighters, usually juves or prospects, but they are all specific to that gang and all just add them for that fight

What would be good is just a universal tactic card that allowed you to bring either one additional ganger or two additional juves to the fight that are part of your actual gang.

It’s not just Escher that have them by the way, Goliath, Ogryn, Orlock and Van Saar all have cards that specifically add one or two prospects or juves to your gang with specific load outs. The problem with these cards is that unless you have those specific new models just sitting there ready to use the cards can’t be used.

Reactions: JawRippa

Crazy Ivan

Gang Hero
Nov 5, 2019
Culemborg, the Netherlands
There are a few cards that give you one or two specific additional fighters, usually juves or prospects, but they are all specific to that gang and all just add them for that fight

What would be good is just a universal tactic card that allowed you to bring either one additional ganger or two additional juves to the fight that are part of your actual gang.

It’s not just Escher that have them by the way, Goliath, Ogryn, Orlock and Van Saar all have cards that specifically add one or two prospects or juves to your gang with specific load outs. The problem with these cards is that unless you have those specific new models just sitting there ready to use the cards can’t be used.
We're using cards based on a 10-15 card deck you create yourself, and I'm not including these cards in the deck for exactly this reason - I don't want to buy another box just to have these fighters ready just in case I ever draw this card.

Kiro The Avenger

Gang Hero
Apr 4, 2018
Bristol, UK
My group has players build a deck of 20 cards before the campaign.
They're drawn from across three tiers (similar tiers to Goonhammer's).
It ensures a variety of cards and means you can't spam just the best.
For the next campaign though we're going to change it to an 18 card deck, so that you can map it to d66 rolls and no actual cards are needed at all.

Hawkins44

Ganger
Yak Comp 2nd Place
I'm not sure if there actually is a card like this, but:

MAD MINUTE
One non-heavy or non-template weapon, that doesn't have a Rapid Fire weapons trait gains this trait for single shooting action.
Shooting is resolved with a -2 BS modifier, and the weapon automatically runs Out of Ammo.
If ammo symbol was rolled on the Ammo dice, weapon has jammed and cannot be used for the rest of the battle.

Last edited: