Necromunda Casus' Necromunda Gang Projects

KungFuPanda

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Jan 17, 2015
Cool figs! They remind me satyrs. Those beast torsos and hands should fit to Goliath.

Casus

Ganger
Yak Comp 1st Place
Aug 17, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Late to the party, but working hard to get my comp 18 (Wyrd Beastmaster) in. What could be more beastmasterly then a Beastman abhuman mutant!?!?

I didn't want to post until I could at least show some progress - Let's see if I can get my actual paints out and get these guys done before the deadline. 4 days to go!

170316_YakComp18_parts.jpg

Last edited:

Casus

Ganger
Yak Comp 1st Place
Aug 17, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Nice catch on the Sedition Wars bases - the lager, rounded-edge bases they're sitting on are actually from the piles of Genestealer-esque cultists I bought from Macrocosm.

To be honest they don't quite fit well - glue is needed to keep everything together - but I want these guys to match up with the 3 other Beastmen abhumans I did for the holiday themed comp a few years back so I am keeping the same style. Common bases really help unify a force on the table.

Today I got some colours base coated and a bit of dry-brushing done, going to be tight whether I can make it or not... but I'm hopeful!!!

Casus

Ganger
Yak Comp 1st Place
Aug 17, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Definitely!!! Had I not started 5 weeks into a 6 week contest, I definitely would have done up some more.

Honestly: The hardest part (other then the timeline) was matching the skin-tone on the Packmaster to the 3 Cyber-beastmen I'd done a year ago, since I'd completely forgotten what paints and washes I'd used on them! :)

Still, I'm really happy to have been able to use the competition as motivation to expand this little warband - another 3-4 models and I think i'd be able to field a little outlaw gang - just need to come up with some rules for them...!

Casus

Ganger
Yak Comp 1st Place
Aug 17, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Okay, I have ambitious plans for the new YakComp 39 "Secret Society". Updates will be posted here, and HOPEFULLY will show some progress to get this one done and in on time!!!

(I enjoy the chopping and gluing more than painting to be honest, but hoping the competition deadline can keep me on track here).

Started to assemble the bitz:

TurkeySnow

Ganger
Dec 11, 2014
Great start here, I started something similar but never got to painting.
b8542d27232084007b1dd2fb8788a03f.jpg

I pictured them as a group of scavengers, who are paid to seek secrets and pass information around the hive for the more noble and powerful families. Always keeping faith to the great White Sheen Bird, near extinct. Kept their spears as they use these to maneuver around the hive from level to level, same with their hooks and other bits and bobs.

Turkey