N18 Cawdor Gang Feedback

almic85

Gang Hero
Oct 30, 2014
Palmerston, ACT, Australia
Hi everyone,

mom usually on the other end of this giving feedback to others but I thought I would throw my list out to the masses to be picked apart like carrion.

So can I get some feedback on my Brimstone gang please. The link is below

My main questions are:
1/ heavy stubber, is it worth it? I’m lacking long range weapons in this gang and thought it could provide some ranges damage for over 24”.
alternatively I was looking at taking a flamer for some high strength blaze action.
Or do I just take a long rifle and spend the extra 90 credits on another ganger with a long rifle?

2/ are the autogun/polearms actually worth it?
they cost the same as a reclaimed autogun and axe And I’m never really going to equip my gangers with anything more than single basic weapon.
Is there something I can spend the extra 20 credits on that would be more effective? Smoke grenades maybe?

Any way thanks in advance for the feedback and Mr Anderson I already know that you don’t like the heavy crossbow and I agree the grenade launcher is objectively better value, but it’s not on my house list.

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
very light on people, but I like it.

Personally I'd drop one auto pole and 1 blunder pole, go with an autogun for the auto pole and a shotgun for the blunder guy. The points saved should allow you to get a juve (I think). That gives another person and gives you a str 4 ganger to shore up gaps.

I like the champs as they are, although I'd sway parry to step aside personally.

SPKnox

Ganger
Jun 1, 2018
Tennessee
You need to have more bodies. I would drop one of the heavy weapons for a long rifle champ and another ganger. I ended up buying my champ a Bolter at the Trading Post. Besides what is more fluffy than using the divine weapon of the holy Emperor to smite the unworthy in your Cawdor gang.

MrAndersson

Gang Champion
Sep 18, 2018
Halmstad, Sweden
I think the heavy stubber could add something meaningful to a Cawdor gang. That -1 at long range hurts, but at least you get an extra 5" to play with, relative to "that other weapon". A 20" range is not that bad. Spend the first round moving forward, and then you will be in position to cover most of the fighting. Depending on scenario, of course. Obviously, you will want to get suspensors as soon as possible.

almic85

Gang Hero
Oct 30, 2014
I think the heavy stubber could add something meaningful to a Cawdor gang. That -1 at long range hurts, but at least you get an extra 5" to play with, relative to "that other weapon". A 20" range is not that bad. Spend the first round moving forward, and then you will be in position to cover most of the fighting. Depending on scenario, of course. Obviously, you will want to get suspensors as soon as possible.
That’s kind of my thinking on it as well, but it’s a pretty bleh weapon when compared to a heavy bolter so I feel bad buying it.

Especially when I can take a long rifle plus a whole additional danger with a long rifle and still have 25 credits left over.

Is it really going to provide more board control or damage output as two long rifles?

I’m not even trying to compare the heavy stubber to the heavy crossbow. I’m taking the crossbow because it looks cool, comes on the sprue, and it gives me a 5” template rather than because I think it is an amazing weapon.

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
@spafe shotguns aren’t on the Cawdor house list (unless you means dawn off shotgun). Though I appreciate the feedback.
so they arnt!

Sorry, my groups either allows common weapons at start (traditional common weapons), or I run my ganger holding a shotgun as unarmed first game and then give him one.

Reactions: RonBSM
Mar 8, 2019
So I'm guessing your plan is leader and blunderpoles move up the board for a bbq and autoguns hang back with the heavies to screen them whilst they do the killing?

I think two heavy weapons, cool as they are, may be a detriment to a starter gang, without them you have very little killing power, and they're very easy to lock down through pinning / smoke etc.

I'd consider the two long rifles route, they're more resistant to pinning, more accurate at long range and can cover more board between them than a single stubber/xbow could..

Reactions: kueppe

almic85

Gang Hero
Oct 30, 2014
I’ve decided to go with my second gang list and take two long rifles over one heavy stubber.

The plan is for the leader and blunderpole gangers to move forwards as a mob, while the crossbow champ and autogun ganger form one fire base, and the long rifle champ and long rifle ganger form another.

Now I just have to build/convert the grubby little buggers.