Cawdor/GW4 Speculations/Discussions

Necromaniac

Ganger
Jun 4, 2018
The Sump
Bionics (reasonable assumption, considering Cawdor have then) and gang-specific hired guns (confirmed, I think). Could always have more scenarios, I guess?
Yeah good point there was a bionic leg on the Cawdor ganger artwork released & we haven't seen them yet so would make sense.

I'd completely forgotten the Goliath & Escher special character types, they seem a good shout too @N3p3nth3

I won't complain if we get a few more scenarios either

Jun 23, 2016
Just thought about that Cawdor could have a special type of heavy weapon called a Rat cannon which fires Rats of different type, like plague rats, fire rats, rabid rats, explosive rats, and so on, and when the Rat skins come out they can have the special ability Hated Enemies: Cawdors, as the Cawdors are Rat abusers.

Last edited:

Ardavion

Gang Hero
Nov 22, 2011
The rat gun is a bit of a stretch tbh; I wouldn't think any gang would weaponise rats like that. Also, necromundan rats are huge, relatively speaking, you'd never fit live ones in a gun of any calibre.

Also, Ratskins hate all other underhivers equally, and making them hate Cawdor more out of all the other houses would be a bit unbalanced.

Jun 23, 2016
The rat gun is a bit of a stretch tbh; I wouldn't think any gang would weaponise rats like that. Also, necromundan rats are huge, relatively speaking, you'd never fit live ones in a gun of any calibre.

Also, Ratskins hate all other underhivers equally, and making them hate Cawdor more out of all the other houses would be a bit unbalanced.
Yeah well I was making fun with the Van Saar's Rad Cannon, by saying the Cawdors could get a Rat Cannon.

Deckard_2049

Ganger
Nov 20, 2017
California
It sucks we didn't get a reveal video for Cawdor like we did the rest of the gangs. Would have been nice to see them in a more 3 dimensional format with more angles, in fact whtvs youtube content has dropped off quite a bit the past month or two. No more tips of the day, painting guides n stuff.

I think I might try and grab some of those tiny rats from the hellpit abomination kit or those skaven giant rats to slap on the bases of Cawdor models.

Guerre

Ganger
Sep 7, 2016
Hailsham
Bring a pole arm a gun plus 32 creds. You have to buy two weapons then pay 32 creds? Perhaps they will have the proper combi rules in this one.

DerekDecker

Gang Champion
Apr 1, 2017
They are not combi weapon, they are guns with bayonet. If you look closely it literally a gun duct tape into a stick.

Jason7796

Ganger
Jul 18, 2017
Wisconsin
I feel gw blow it on this gang!!! The whole thing about the cawdor was their fanatic worship of relics and faith. To me, I picture more of a old technology look to there weaponry. First gene las and autoguns crude but effective polearm weapons. More like searching former hive levels for forget equipment buried beneath ash levels less trashcan more explorer

Ironside83

Juve
Feb 8, 2018
Australia
I feel gw blow it on this gang!!! The whole thing about the cawdor was their fanatic worship of relics and faith. To me, I picture more of a old technology look to there weaponry. First gene las and autoguns crude but effective polearm weapons. More like searching former hive levels for forget equipment buried beneath ash levels less trashcan more explorer
Personally, I think they're on the money. Hunting for 'relics' is great, and something the gang could easily do during a campaign - but a starting gang with improvised weapons which emulate the look of the guardians of their God... ...that is precisely what I would expect.

HorribleHedgehog

Gang Champion
Aug 16, 2017
I'd imagine the high-ups of the house hoard any old technology worth anything and preserve it in reliquaries and vaults, leaving the average ganger with second-hand autoguns and homemade blunderbusses.

Jun 23, 2016
I think the Redemptionists will be the ones that will be close to what you want, it was said that the Redemptionists and the Cawdors were to much the same, even players agreed with this in a way, so I think the Redemptionists might be what you are looking for.... when they come out at some point that is.

Last edited:

Deckard_2049

Ganger
Nov 20, 2017
California
I think the Redemptionists will be the ones that will be close to what you want, it was said that the Redemptionists and the Cawdors were to much the same, even players agreed with this in a way, so I think the Redemptionists might be what you are looking for.... when they come out at some point that is.
I'd like to see the Redemptionists load up on flamers and torches, cleansing their foes with holy fire and a chainsaw couldn't hurt. The leader and champs should be fully robed with the hoods/hats, and the rest more like flagellants, eyes poked out and just crazy with some self mutilation stuff going on.