N18 CGC starting gang sanity check

locleos

Ganger
Apr 19, 2022
I find painting to be surprisingly zen, and I'm getting to the point that I can't justify painting more delaque stuff - at least until certain specific models I'm waiting on turns up.

With that in mind, I've decided to start on a corpsegrinder cult.

Before I put them together, does this look horribly wrong for a starter gang somehow;?

Obviously I'm gonna rush to get the third champion if I play this in campaign mode. I'm unsure what weapon I'd want with him - I dislike the rotary flensing saw, and for voracity reasons I prefer to not bring more than one of the same weapon sets, so maybe paired brute chain cleavers? Or maybe something more exotic from the trading post.

I rarely see scenarios that allow more than 10 starting crew, so I probably want to aim around there. IDK if the last ganger should be a 6th juve or if I should deign to include a single skinner. He won't be able to take part in the melee group activation I'm planning to have with my leader, so idk. It also seems to me like skinners are pretty bad. Maybe I can just give a juve some melee stuff and a frenzon collar if it turns out I want more melee power.

Are there any particularly standout ranged weapons to get from the trading post for my juves? Getting them properly armed will also be a priority.

And what do people usually do for skills? I must admit I'm not seeing a super obvious route to go here. Combat skills are good I suppose, and the gang specific ones - I ended up picking up a smattering of different ones for the champions.

Does anyone know if armoured undersuits stack with the mask bonus? Because that sounds fairly disgusting.

Last edited:

Scabs

Gang Hero
Feb 4, 2014
San Diego. CA, USA
When it comes to a gang with the best equipped H2H fighters, and Juves with ganger stats that can infiltrate with any weapons type. "Boys before toys" just don't apply. A fewer good men with better weaponry is going to go farther in the short and long run. And, be more fun to play with and against. Then add more fighters and paint them at your leisure.

You only get 4 characters. They aught to be good at what they do (H2H). Conversely, I don't mean 5 Infiltrating Initiates with Hand Flamers. That can cost friendships and cause divorces. The gang is kinda bonkers. It's not hard to go overboard.

locleos

Ganger
Apr 19, 2022
Okay but outside of resorting to hand flamers I don't really see what weapon options I'm supposed to be picking here. I've got two of the three available expensive ones.

Maybe you're talking about the two boning swords? Trouble is, I think they're kinda good at the price and I the model is way cooler than the cleavers.

Heart of Storm

Gang Hero
Mar 8, 2019
Autopistol and skinning knife is a cheap loadout for Initiates, give em incendiary charges or smoke to taste.

Boning swords are very good on initiates, personally I tend not to use them because they're grossly undercoated

On the Rotary saw have you considered Rain of Blows? Attacking twice at a 4" range is no joke and it comes up a fair bit with CGC.

Reactions: BearsWillEatYou

Scabs

Gang Hero
Feb 4, 2014
San Diego. CA, USA
I'm talking about the looney FAQ that says CDC and Enforcers have full access to all Trading Posts. It is gist for excess. Multiple infiltrators with all manner of nastiness.