N18 Chaos Cultists - Starting Gang looking for Feedback

Aulucard

Jul 21, 2018
Germany
Hi all,

the Dark Uprising is uppon us - our hobby group is preparing for a Dark Uprising Campaign therefore I want to run a Helot Cultist Gang (Slaanesh Gang).
After some experementing with some ideas I come up with that list [Helot Gang] 8 Gangers 2 Familars

The Battleplan is:
Bring the Long Rifelman with Infiltrator into a good position, while the Overwatch Granad launcher and the leader threatens the opponent with agood maount of firepower.
The two familiars to substain my leader and the witch - also to add some fluff (there present from the dark gods)
These are supportet with two Lasgun gangers. The witch with the cult icon can call other gangers to aid her, like the two shutgun gangers (maybe go for combat shutgun asap).
To prevent to much CC I thought to add to the granad launchers a ganger with Incendiary Charge to spread some havoc in close range.

So a shooty gang to keep the enemys at distance, if they reach close range the witch and the Incendiary Charge is waiting to add even more havoc after the shelling.

Thanks in advance for your feedback :)

Mar 8, 2019
I'm always minded to run the Chaos Cults at maximum bodies, everything about them screams "horde gang" - so I am curious about this more elite list.

To start off, the Witch is unfortunately bad, Wyrd powers suffer from wonky rules and you'll struggle to land that Assail more often than not so dont rely on it, the accepted wisdom on Witches is to build with Savant skills to benefit your gang in the long run, they can earn you a lot of creds over the course of a campaign!

I'd try to get a minimum of 10 bodies into the gang, drop some mesh armour on gangers and maybe the Witch (you have got a familiar protecting them after all!) and put another mook or two with reclaimed autoguns in to bolster your numbers.

Just for a picture of the opposite end of the spectrum - here's how many bodies you can squeeze into a Helot cult, not that I'd recommend anything quite this extreme! https://yaktribe.games/underhive/gang/the_tide_of_chaos.58730/

Aulucard

Jul 21, 2018
Germany
Yeah the wyad powers are a thing, so I change something.

I tried the idea of a Hord Gang already, if everyone is on the haben it is quite effecktiv pinning everything etc. But in Szenarios with a few limited gangers at the beginning it is quite a mess. It's even worse if you playing against gangs with Nervs of Steel or and even slightly equiped with flack - if you got some extra punsh on your weapons especialy Escher Gangs run quicker away.

So a champ with Infiltrate ans a Destruction Charge can quickly got your opponent in trouble, while he Hey to Hold the line you can get your shooters in position.

But your right a van drop a familar ans some otherstuff for another Ganger.

Scavvierising

Gang Champion
Honored Tribesman
Aug 3, 2016
London
With helot cultists turning up on the regular from settlements I've found I don't need to build it as a hoard it just becomes one. Drop the cult icon on the witch and maybe give him a savvy skill. Will give you a few creds to get another cheap cultist or two if the grenades go as well.

Reactions: Aulucard

Aulucard

Jul 21, 2018
Germany
With helot cultists turning up on the regular from settlements I've found I don't need to build it as a hoard it just becomes one. Drop the cult icon on the witch and maybe give him a savvy skill. Will give you a few creds to get another cheap cultist or two if the grenades go as well.
Thanks alot, I was playing with the idea to give the witch a hand flamer... but another ganger is also good...

Lokd0wn

Juve
Feb 17, 2011
The Witch isn't completely useless in combat, you just have to take a different approach. I've found that Warp Strength + Incendiary charges is pretty funny. It won't hit the broad side of barn, but with a 5" blast you often don't need to. Give it a Hazard suit just in case it drops one on itself though.

Squee

Ganger
Jan 11, 2019
Hi all,

the Dark Uprising is uppon us - our hobby group is preparing for a Dark Uprising Campaign therefore I want to run a Helot Cultist Gang (Slaanesh Gang).
After some experementing with some ideas I come up with that list [Helot Gang] 8 Gangers 2 Familars

The Battleplan is:
Bring the Long Rifelman with Infiltrator into a good position, while the Overwatch Granad launcher and the leader threatens the opponent with agood maount of firepower.
The two familiars to substain my leader and the witch - also to add some fluff (there present from the dark gods)
These are supportet with two Lasgun gangers. The witch with the cult icon can call other gangers to aid her, like the two shutgun gangers (maybe go for combat shutgun asap).
To prevent to much CC I thought to add to the granad launchers a ganger with Incendiary Charge to spread some havoc in close range.

So a shooty gang to keep the enemys at distance, if they reach close range the witch and the Incendiary Charge is waiting to add even more havoc after the shelling.

Thanks in advance for your feedback :)
Hi,

To start with - I've ran a somewhat similar gang in my previous campaign. Here are my thoughts:

1. Swap regular Auto- pistols and guns for reclaimed ones. They are virtually identical and that 5 credits saved is going to add up pretty soon. Ammo checks don't come into play nearly as often. Sure, they can ruin your day, but more often, than not, it just won't come up during a game.

2. Swap the skills on your champs - Overwatch is disgustingly strong with a Long Rifle, just spend round one getting to a solid vantage point (you'll still have to do it with Infiltrate, since you can't infiltrate to a point where you can be seen by the enemy). On the other hand, you can infiltrate out of LoS of all enemies and still be able to harrass them with blasts from your GL, maybe even injure someone, but don't count on that. When necessary, just fire a Krack to kill someone.

3. Witch can't have both a Skill and a Psychic power at the start, you have to chose one. I went with the fixer and it payed off in the long run. The witch itself is basically an overpriced Juve, so don't bother giving it anything apart from a Stub Gun (it has a +2 to hit at short range, as opposed to Autopistol's +1). Familiar is likely not necessary - an extra wound helps to keep Witch alive on those missions you take it for some reason. I figured witch is decent at finishing wounded enemies, if nothing else.

4. Shotguns are surprisingly good at the start, just don't be afraid to be a bit aggressive with them, since they have a shorter range, than other common Basic weapons (namely Auto- and Las- guns). Don't disregard the Scattershot option either - it's really solid once your target has at least one flesh wound.

Don't forget to pray to your Dark Gods ;)

Reactions: Aulucard