Chaos Fleet comander

Kudeu

Dec 18, 2016
Greetings Gents,

Recently in our micro comunity there was fourious discussion : do chaos fleet with more than 750 pts need to take warmaster as a fleet commander?
We checked rules, in armada there is a statement:
"A fleet with a total points value of more than 750 points must be led by Fleet Commander unless specifically statet otherwise in the fleet list"
Chaos do not have requirement specified as fe imperium in fleet list like "if fleet is worth over 750 points an Admiral must be included to lead it", but also do not have clear statement like necrons or tyranids, so what is correct option? Do they need to have Warmaster over 750 as Fleet Commander or not?

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
Yes they must have a fleet commander (warmaster or abbadon, not a lord), leading the fleet if they are over 750 points.

The imperial wording is (I would guess), because they only have one fleet commander option, wheras chaos can take lords in addition (or without if below 750 points) to a warmaster. So the wording is slighltly different in the text, but they haven't been given an exception, they still have to have a warmaster.

Kudeu

Dec 18, 2016
I assume that requirement of warmaster is applied to all chaos fleets, even that from faq 2010, is that correct?

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
the marked fleets you mean? yes I'd say it applies to them as they share the same wording.